My Car Got Towed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Car Got Towed!

*STONERIDGE towing company, yea my car got towed too couple weeks ago....and I was at work, my huBy went to get it...went to the place in Mapunapuna~ his ID was in the car, he needed it to cash his check, cause like everyone said its cash only~ anywho they wouldn't let him into the tow yard without ID!!...Hellooo how mento can you be? Its in the Car! oish...long story short, he had his friend cash his check (didn't know you could do that) and then went back to mapunapuna and got my car out & yea, they don't give a shyt, if they dinged & dent it!! * big scratch on wing spoiler as well as back bumper! eeww and the girl had the nerve to say, "It was already there!" Lucky thing I wasn't there, cause I would'a slapped the shyt outta her...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
      my car got towed too couple weeks ago....and I was at work, my huBy went to get it...went to the place in Mapunapuna~ his ID was in the car, he needed it to cash his check, cause like everyone said its cash only~ anywho they wouldn't let him into the tow yard without ID!!...Hellooo how mento can you be? Its in the Car!
      I actually anticipated something like this happening to me, and worried about it the entire 2-hour bus ride to Mapunapuna. Fortunately, the Gino’s tow truck driver let me in the Powerlift Towing yard to retrieve a personal check that was inside my car. That still meant I had to walk all the way from the very end of Mapunapuna (where it meets Sand Island) to King Street (plus a few more blocks) to get to a Bank of Hawai‘i ATM, deposit my check, and walk all the way back (in the rain).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, if applicable---but who the hell leaves all their personal ID and personal checks in their CAR?

I dunno. Must be the NY in me that finds it a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          It also happened to me as well. However in my case, I had a beat-up Toyota. The towing charges was moa den the car was worth. I took out all my property and went up to the counter, gave the ownership papers, registration and keys...and told the clerk dey can have the car. And walked away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
          That's funny auntie! But sorry tunnl about your plight. You don't know if it got stolen or towed. You find out it was only towed but then in the end, after all the trouble, you wish it was stolen.

I hate it when you get there before they hook it up...they see you coming... they rush to hook it up... then you gotta pay them $75 or whatever to unhook it (even if the tires didn't leave the ground). What a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            gave the ownership papers, registration and keys...and told the clerk dey can have the car.
            Too nice. I would have left something out so they'd have trouble dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
              ....also....

Don't expect your car to be undamaged when you get it back, and don't expect the tow company to pay for any damages.
              You're lucky if it's just cosmetic damage.

Oh, I've seen some nasty things. Like one lazy tow truck driver. He didn't want to jack up the car to put the dolly under it, so he hoisted it so high the car stood up on it's bumper. Good way to bend a frame.

Another driver (working for AAA) towed my girlfriends car on it's front wheels. You know what happens to a front-wheel car when it's towed on it's nose without a dolly? Blown reverse clutch. She ended up with a bad engine and a bad transmission. End of that car.

Comment

Crap! That's a lot worse than the story I had.

I had a friend whose car was towed away, and when he picked it up, the front bumper and lower lip were ruined. It was obviously from a sloppy tow job, but the clerk at the towing company -- without even looking at the car -- just said it was already like that when they picked it up.

Comment

Are there guys hiding in parking lots to put a boot on your car. And then only accept cash to take it off.

Comment

So , what happened to the car ?

Was it ever recovered?

Comment

This behavior surely cannot further tourist visits .

The downtown Honolulu area would be well served with a complete ban on cars near the beach.

Over a five year period such a restoration would cost a lot, but return the city to a more

Utopian framework as the original voyagers found.

To clarify, not cars for the local motion, just all those hotels on Waikiki beach.
                      Last edited by lensperson; June 20, 2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...nned-in-hawaii

Being towed costs more than the car boot. But, there's time where you can dig out before the tow truck comes.

Comment

Working...
                        X