This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

Muahaha, I love that new Raisin Bran Crunch commercial. Those commercials worked on me, too...I love that cereal now.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Re: National TV Ads You Like

The Pizza Hut commerical were the people doing the dialouge are twins saying getting 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for a certain price. It ends with a couple of guys who are not twins saying something and all of the other twins in the commerical giving them the stink eye.

Comment

Saw a commerical with Jackie Chan and a can of Diet Pepsi do an action movie together, they stop filming when the can needs to do a stunt and a stunt double comes in to take it's place.

The stunt double is a can of Diet Coke and that can gets crushed by a bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          Saw a commerical with Jackie Chan and a can of Diet Pepsi do an action movie together, they stop filming when the can needs to do a stunt and a stunt double comes in to take it's place.

The stunt double is a can of Diet Coke and that can gets crushed by a bad guy.
          That was one of the Super Bowl commercials. I got a chuckle out of the 'spoiler' but found, overall, the spot wasn't all that memorable. Did you like it, Helen, or only like the end?

Comment

I think the ending was the funny part since I tend to be a drinker of the stunt double.

Comment

I'm amused by the car horns that play the Olympic theme for Chevrolet.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Earlier today I saw the Burger King Whopperettes spot that debuted during the super bowl. The costuming is wonderful as is the choreography; neither category, iirc, is recognized in the Clio Awards. I don't think this spot was an audience favorite but it has my vote!

Comment

I've rather enjoyed the "hapless credit card customer" ads that Citibank has, where the everyman struggles with navigating an automated phone system. In one, he destroys his kitchen trying to stay near the keypad, and in the other, a more advanced "voice response" system runs him through a gauntlet of options.

Voice: "For English, say yes."
                  Customer: "Yes."
                  Voice: "For security purposes, please say your pet's name."
                  Customer (on train platform): "Fluffy."
                  Voice: "For a shinier credit card, please say yes."
                  Customer: "No."
                  Voice: "Please say your password."
                  Customer (in crowded train): "Big boy."
                  Voice: "Please repeat."
                  Customer: "Big boy!"

View it here.

Comment

Another episode of the Rasin Bran Crunch commerical is out. This time the CEO of the company and Smith ask Johnson what to do about upcoming merger deal. Johnson who can't hear a word anyone is saying due to the crunch of the ceral says nothing.

Comment

• Re: National TV Ads You Like

The very best commercial I have seen in YEARS was the one for the Honda Element that I just saw on FX (I think) last night. It showed the Element and the voice over was talking about all the nifty features of the car (hoseable interior, etc). Then twice, the action broke away to a live crab which had a bubble over it that read, "I pinch". I was laughing so hard I started crying! So simple, yet so funny. My guess is that one will win an advertising award someplace.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I don't recall seeing anyone mention that Big Buckin' Chicken ad. Maybe it was mentioned in a thread about ads folks didn't like.

And I still get a huge smile every time I see the FedEx cavemen ad that premiered on the Super Bowl broadcast.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I like that Verizon Wireless ad where there is a meeting in a remote area that sort of hints that it is crime related and one of them says "I told you to come alone".

Comment

yea fedex caveman

ya send it fedex?!
                            No. fedex not invented yet!
                            not my problem. yer FIErrrd!

he kiks a lil dino, then gets stomped by a bronto foot.
                            harrrr...

Comment

Noticed a MasterCard commerical with what appears to be Richard Dean Anderson doing MacGyver like things with tube socks and other commonly and inexpensive items to get away from a bomb blast.

Comment

Well...

I am not sure if this one had already been posted or not, but....

here is a commercial which I actually think it is rather stupid,

It leads you to belive that it is a McGruff commercial where a cute little girl falls off of her bike, Then out of no where, a nice pretty woman comes over to her to make it look like she was going to help, then she brings in this macedamia nut chocolate box to a little girl.

That's a pretty bad commercial. They should of thought of something better than to use that commercial.

What?? So you get hurt, here is a box of chocolate to make it all better?

You get totally burned coming out of a burning building...
                                here have a box of chocolate.

You get runned over & your leg is badly damaged....
                                here is a box chocolate. LOL.

I guess a box of chocolate cures all ailments.

Personally I rather like that (real) McGruff commercial, atleast that one sends a better message to other kids to get help from an (trusting) adult.

Aloha.
                                Last edited by Serenity; May 10, 2006, 08:09 AM.
                                Aches & Pains
                                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X