Spam Musubi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spam Musubi

Found of eBay today: 2 cans of SPAM commemorating the 60th anniversary of Guam's independence! Also some Monty Python Holy Grail commemorative SPAM cans ("Golden Honey Grail flavor" available only in NYC).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

60 ft of Spam musubi

To help commemorate the 60th anniversary of Hale Makua (a nursing home facility) on Maui, volunteers made a 60 ft. long Spam musubi. It took 20 lbs of rice, 22 cans of Spam and a couple of hours. It may make it into the Guinness Book of World Records.

I bet it only took about 5 minutes to demolish the whole thing, too!

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; January 26, 2007, 12:19 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I never had a two layer rice with spam in the middle before.

I always buy the musubi with the 1 layer rice and spam ontop.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Looking at the photo, it looks more like a Maki Sushi Roll than a Spam Musubi. All I see is Nori. Where's the Spam? It should be shaped like a 60 ft. long BRICK, with the Spam butt-connected on top and nori strips going around it's girth, strip after strip ater strip. There has to be a resemblance.

Many of these "world's largest pizza, largest cookie, longest sub sandwich, etc." contests look mostly like a gimmick that sacrifices quality and taste just for the sake of size.

The Orlando Disney World built a "World's Largest Popcorn Sculpture" of Mickey Mouse, which used non-edible construction adhesive to hold it together, and a forklift to lift each popcorn "brick" into place. It made it into the Guiness Book of Records, but I think Guiness should have stipulated that the Popcorn needed to be edible.

I certainly wouldn't eat anything that was put together using a forklift. The construction adhesive sounds pretty tasty though. lol
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
          X