X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Election Day Live Thread

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    ...and the Dems got control of the House...my mouth is agape...I might have to stay up all night to wait and see what happens in the Senate...
    It's down to four three states:
    • Jim Webb (D) leads in Virginia over Sen. George Allen, but by a hair's width (by less than 0.1%) with 99% counted.
    • Jon Tester (D) leads Sen. Conrad Burns in Montana 54-44 with 30% counted.
    • Sen. Jim Talent (R) is holding on against Claire McCaskill 50-47 with 69% counted.
    CNN just projected Tennessee for Bob Corker over Harold Ford, keeping Bill Frist's seat in GOP hands. The Dems are going to have to win all three open states.
    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

The Advertiser's web site has numbers up for the votes... but the numbers are based on ZERO precincts reporting. Huh?
      Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; November 7, 2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
        The Advertiser's web site has nmbers up for the votes... but the numbers are based on ZERO precincts reporting. Huh?
        One word...absentee.

Comment

I'm just back from working the polling place in my neighborhood, and don't yet know any figures. A long day! 5:30 a.m. to about 7:30 p.m. Things went more smoothly than in the Primary, the only major glitch being the Ballot #B charter Admendments, which, if the voter didn't cast any votes, would be spit back out of the counting machine.
          There was a rush in the afternoon and we wound up with more voters than in the Primary. Figure about 50 percent of the eligibles in our neighborhood, and that doesn't include the absentees ...pretty good turnout.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Ack! I hadn't realized that Mike Gabbard was running for office again, this time in Senate district 19 (Kapolei, Makakilo and Waikele). He's winning.

Comment

Looking at the results, we might want to keep an eye on these races:

State Senate 19 (Brian Kanno's old seat): Mike Gabbard leads George Yamamoto by about a percentage point. This could go either way. Possible GOP pickup.

State Senate 24 (Bob Hogue's old seat): Jill Tokuda leading over Keoki Leong in absentee 58-38, but district is traditionally GOP. This could go either way.

State House 23: Tom Brower leads Anne Stevens, 49-46. Possible Dem pickup.

State House 28 (Bev Harbin's old seat): Karl Rhoads leads Collin Wong 49-47. Possible GOP pickup.

State House 40: Mark Moses leads Sharon Har by less than a percentage point. (Actually, that "less than a percentage point" is a mere two votes. This could be a cliffhanger.)

State House 44: Karen Awana leads Michael Kahikina 51-47. Possible GOP pickup.
              Last edited by Keith H.; November 7, 2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: Modified House 40

Comment

Life is not good. I figure the votes from today will be better but you can't pull from 34% to 50% on the remaining. Bummer

Comment

McCaskill's taken the lead in Missouri, and Webb's hanging on in Va. Outstanding votes in Va. are Fairfax County (where I used to live); should be Webb country (it's almost a bedroom community for DC, pretty Democratic).
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Wow! If my arithmetic is correct, there were about 94,000 absentee ballots cast in the state. That's a serious chunk of the total.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidThi808 View Post
                      Life is not good. I figure the votes from today will be better but you can't pull from 34% to 50% on the remaining. Bummer
                      Relax, David. CT is handling this with grace and aplomb. Classy lady. And like she said, no Repub in a national race has done so well in HI.

pax

Comment

Wow! If my arithmetic is correct, there were about 94,000 absentee ballots cast in the state. That's a serious chunk of the total.
                        Hey, time shifting voting is convenient. My vote is among those 94,000. It might just be a matter of time before we go the way of Oregon and go all mail-in.

Comment

Ack! I hadn't realized that Mike Gabbard was running for office again, this time in Senate district 19 (Kapolei, Makakilo and Waikele). He's winning.
                          Now, now... get in front of me and bend over....true friends hold each other's hair when they retch.

pax

Comment

...watching Katie Couric et.al...recapping on the nastiness of the races across the CONUS...corruption, choking mistresses, sex stuff, scandal scandal, corruption whoa nelly...man such a trippy election night...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                              Now, now... get in front of me and bend over....true friends hold each other's hair when they retch.
                              Ohhh, now that image brings back some memories.

Umm. Where were we?

Comment

unreal...Dems might take both the House and the Senate...Missouri went Dem, so only two left (MT and VA), and VA might have to do a recount...

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X