Day Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Break

For the past few weeks ABC has been promoting Day Break to be shown during Lost's winter break.

The show will start next week Wednesday for 2 hours.

The premise of the series is that a man relives the same day (or days) over and over again. As to what causes this time loop I have no idea, but I guess we will find out sooner or later.

Re: Day Break

Originally posted by helen View Post
    For the past few weeks ABC has been promoting Day Break to be shown during Lost's winter break.

The show will start next week Wednesday for 2 hours.

The premise of the series is that a man relives the same day (or days) over and over again. As to what causes this time loop I have no idea, but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
    Sort of like a high-velocity "Groundhog Day."

Okay for a movie but I have to wonder how the premise can sustain a weekly show.

Comment

I think it's a miniseries, and its lifespan is exactly the 13 weeks that 'LOST' is off. Actually, I bet it's 12 weeks, with the last week being a night to air a 'LOST' recap/clip show.

We're actually going to give "Day Break" a chance, because it's an interesting premise (reminiscent of many that have come before, true), because the actors seem pretty well cast, and finally because we know it has an end-point. We won't end up addicted to a show that strings us along for three years.

Besides, ABC is luring 'LOST' fans in by promising to air snippets of upcoming episodes during 'Day Break.'

Comment

I watched the 20 min preview online and I must say I am interested enough to watch the show...If it goes for about 12 wks at a good clip- I would say that is enough time to get it (the day) right without causing me to scream at the tv like Lost has been having me do lately...
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          I think it's a miniseries, and its lifespan is exactly the 13 weeks that 'LOST' is off. Actually, I bet it's 12 weeks, with the last week being a night to air a 'LOST' recap/clip show.

We're actually going to give "Day Break" a chance, because it's an interesting premise (reminiscent of many that have come before, true), because the actors seem pretty well cast, and finally because we know it has an end-point. We won't end up addicted to a show that strings us along for three years.

Besides, ABC is luring 'LOST' fans in by promising to air snippets of upcoming episodes during 'Day Break.'
          It might be okay as a miniseries and the characters do look interesting.

Am I the only person here who never got interested in "Lost"?

Comment

Reminds me of GroundHogs Day very much!
            Or the Deja Vu movie....I am going to watch one episode but not very enthusiastically. They will probably just play 3 and cancel it like Smith.
            I miss LOST already.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

never mind. ( posted a wrong comment, so I erased it.)
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Here's a review of the pilot plus one additional hour from the SF Chronicle.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Heh. That was a heck of a review:
                  Having watched all three hours, there's no point in sugarcoating what you'll find when and if you get there. A gigantic mess. What you will find is a mystery as complex and probably as fascinating as anything Stephen Hawking could dream up after a bloated Thanksgiving filled with L-tryptophan and tabs of acid disguised as characters from the "Teletubbies."

At some point, your head will explode. Especially if you're a "Lost" fan. Hey, maybe "Day Break" is some evil payback scheme from ABC. "Oh, you think 'Lost' is pointless and confusing? We've got a show that's 'Groundhog Day' but not!"
                  It is interesting the various twists they've inserted into the 'Groundhog Day' concept, especially since the show is basically described as 'Groundhog Day for TV' by most folks. But the pilot itself seems like it'll be a challenge enough to unscramble, let alone the next 12 hours spread out over 12 weeks. Challenging explicitly because those changes seem to be arbitrary. Hmm.

My wife and I said we'd give it a shot, especially given the promised "LOST" nuggets, but I think if "Day Break" is as inconsistent as this guy says it is, we'll resist getting sucked in. We'll just catch the weekly "LOST" clip on YouTube like everyone else. One convoluted, mystery-strewn show in my brain is enough!

Comment

This may belong in the "Lost" thread, but I feel a certain relief that I don't have to sit and watch it this week (or the next 12).
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Noticed during the second time loop that the shadowly head guy that you don't see the face sounds like Jonathan Banks.

Comment

Tonight's epsiode goes thru 2 loops, I wonder if that will be the average amount of loops per episode.

At least this time around he saves the girl from being hit by the bus but another woman gets killed by a couple of Damien's hencemen. Plus it seems that Hopper's lawyer buddy Baxter is cahoots with the bad guys but gets killed and another dead person is in the mix.
                        Last edited by helen; November 22, 2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Somehow I don't think Hopper is going to worry too much about trying to save the 2nd lawyer although he will probably have to, to get more info from the girl with him...
                          His girlfriend staying with the ex seems to keep her safe though I don't think he is too pleased about it....

Now what his partner did at the end...what the???
                          Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

How many ex-partners does Hopper have anyway?

I kind of miss seeing Choi and Spivak in an episode, I hope that they return.

Comment

Wow this series is getting more bizzare. Early in the series it is hinted that Brent's former partner Chad who is in Internal Affairs and the ex-husband of Brent's girl friend Rita is involved, since he knows one of the bad guys that is after Brent. However that view changes through the series since for as long as Chad is with Rita, she is safe.

A previous episode has Brent telling Chad about the time loop and Chad doesn't believe him but he does tell Brent to look for a certain thing in a certain place.

Tonight Chad is gunned down at the end of the day. At it seems it is tied to the certain thing that Brent took from Chad. Even crossing paths with the Shadow Man played by Jonathan Banks. Now the kicker:

The person who shoots Chad is Brent's sister and even in the last loop Chad is saved from being shot, another shadow figure comes out and shows Brent's sister an example of what happens when someone fails in this case Jonathan Banks being shot twice in the legs and then buried in dirt at the quary.

Comment

Working...
                              X