No announcement yet.

Embarrassing Moments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What embarrassing things have you done?

Originally posted by tutusue
    Jeez, Keanu. No smilies? I think you just managed to offend me. I'll let Maddie speak for herself. She's sooooo good at that! Let the games begin!

The smiley icons weren't working.

There is likely no defense for her "dance" moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
      White girls can't dance.
      Well, they can't like a ... Joke Remember joking?
      Last edited by Menehune Man; August 21, 2006, 09:34 PM.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
        White girls can't dance. Whatever you were doing wasn't dancing.
        Brah... I never had a chance to dance with no one but a white girl in the town I was from...what you talking bullsh*t on here for?

You need to watch one of my favorite movies..."White Men Can't Jump"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          Brah...what you talking bullsh*t on here for?
          See Manoa? You say how others take what you say the wrong way, well this was a joke. Relax, Brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
            See Manoa? You say how others take what you say the wrong way, well this was a joke. Relax, Brah.
            Racism isn't a joke when you haven't established yourself as a bullshater as me!

And if you can find a thread about racism that doesn't include me as the punchline... I would like to be reminded of it!
            Last edited by damontucker; August 21, 2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Now for an embarassing, though fun moment for me...

A few years ago Mrs. Menehune and a few ladies were throwing a Baby Shower for a friend. Well, my wife got pretty ill that morning and begged, and I do mean begged me to attend in her place. I ended up being the only guy in a side room of the Wisteria Restaurant, surrounded by about 35 women. They had all kinds of silly games to play and I had sooo much fun! It was embarrassing, but I made it through.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                Racism isn't a joke when you haven't established yourself as a bullshater as me!

And if you can find a thread about racism that doesn't include me as the punchline... I would like to be reminded of it!
                Everyone around this world is drowning in racism. It's totally stupid to think we're anything other than Human Beings from Planet Earth. But please don't take every little thing so serious. Look at intent... Malicious? or Stupid? And deal accordingly.

Comment

Here's another funny, though embarrassing moment for me...

My wife and I were walking near the Aquarium one night not too long ago in the evening. The sun had set and it was getting dark when she informed me that she had to use the restroom. I saw one off a ways, but it was kinda dark and I didn't feel comfortable. She said... Yes I have too! So we went to it and I stood just outside the women's restroom door while she went in, not knowing if there was anyone in there, I wanted to be close if she needed me. Well, this rather large woman exited and got quite upset that I was standing there. I tried to explain, but she started yelling at me and making a big commotion till finally my wife came out and saved me. Whew! Never thought I'd get in trouble like that before. What we do for our ladies, Eh men?!

Comment

Here's another funny, though embarrassing moment for me...

My wife and I were walking near the Aquarium one night not too long ago in the evening. The sun had set and it was getting dark when she informed me that she had to use the restroom. I saw one off a ways, but it was kinda dark and I didn't feel comfortable. She said... Yes I have too! So we went to it and I stood just outside the women's restroom door while she went in, not knowing if there was anyone in there, I wanted to be close if she needed me. Well, this rather large woman exited and got quite upset that I was standing there. I tried to explain, but she started yelling at me and making a big commotion till finally my wife came out and saved me. Whew! Never thought I'd get in trouble like that before. What we do for our ladies, Eh men?!
                    I guess she thought you were lurking in the dark waiting to "pounce" on her!

Comment

I met some friends for dinner at Horatio's and my menu caught on fire from the candle on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                        I guess she thought you were lurking in the dark waiting to "pounce" on her!
                        Yeah, that's what she thought'ed. I'm just lucky that she didn't "pounce" on me!
                        I definitely was close to getting the crap beat outta me.

Comment

But you can see that others didn't realize Keanu was joking, right? The lack of emoticons made some folks wonder "is this a joke or not?" Keanu corrected that later. It wasn't just Manoa who may have had an issue with Keanu's statement.

And, to take Manoa's point a step further, why IS it all right to say "white" folks can or can't do whatever, and then say "it's just a joke"? Is it acceptable to say: "black folks sure can shuffle" or "Asians can't drive safely" or "Chinese sure are tightwads," and then add a smiley-face as if to say "if you're offended by my comment, you're the one who's in the wrong"?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            But you can see that others didn't realize Keanu was joking, right? It was a rediculous statement to take any other way than a joke, because of course white women can dance. The lack of emoticons made some folks wonder "is this a joke or not?" Yes, there could've been emotocons added. Keanu corrected that later. It wasn't just Manoa who may have had an issue with Keanu's statement.

And, to take Manoa's point a step further, why IS it all right to say "white" folks can or can't do whatever, and then say "it's just a joke"? Is it acceptable to say: "black folks sure can shuffle" or "Asians can't drive safely" or "Chinese sure are tightwads," and then add a smiley-face as if to say "if you're offended by my comment, you're the one who's in the wrong"? People are teasing others everyday. Example: Frank Delima built his career on it. He lightheartedly pokes fun at all of us, no one's out there protesting him or booing him off the stage now are they?

BTW: I was using the bold only to make my responses look different than what I was responding to. I'm not yelling or ackin' Taran Taran, okay?!

In my humble opinion... "It's all about intent".

Comment

In my humble opinion... "It's all about intent".
                              Sometimes you have to balance intent with reception. Yes, the PC-police can take things way too far, which is why someone as funny as Frank DeLima can't do his act outside of the Islands - mainland folks won't get the harmlessness of his cultural ribbing. (DeLima even admits to toning down his own shows at home, because more and more tourists take offence - sad.)

But if a person is truly offended by someone's idea of a joke, you can't always negate or discredit what they feel with a simple "relax, it's just a joke." Maybe they are taking it too seriously --- or maybe, just maybe, the joke-teller really doesn't recognize their own insensitivity.

Sometimes the receiver is working just fine...but the transmitter needs an adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                But if a person is truly offended by someone's idea of a joke, you can't always negate or discredit what they feel with a simple "relax, it's just a joke." Maybe they are taking it too seriously --- or maybe, just maybe, the joke-teller really doesn't recognize their own insensitivity.

Sometimes the receiver is working just fine...but the transmitter needs an adjustment.
                                Wat? No way foa me!!!! I own My Domain!!!

Don't like wat I write ~ No come on da Site.

AuntiePupule.com is not foa Sensitive people. It's foa REAL People!

Have a Nice Day

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2006, 09:35 AM. Reason: Leo Lakio told me my mistake!!!hahahaha
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X