No announcement yet.

Embarrassing Moments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What embarrassing things have you done?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Hee-hee! I've actually introduced Mr. Gorelick on stage here in Seattle! (And I've bought Manilow albums for the Alpha Female, too.)
    So how does one work up an audience for Kenny G?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Embarrassing Moments...

I was covering a story about a new Matson steamship for the Advertiser and all the media was there. For those of you who know me, my wearing a skirt to work is just unheard of, until that day. I had to climb a big metal stairway onto the ship, the wind is blowing and the KITV camera guy is right behind me and I was just so embarrassed as I knew my panties (UGH!!! under pantyhose!!!!) were showing. Not exactly sexy when there's pantyhose holding everything in place, right? I don't know if he had the camera rolling or what, but I didn't ask and I don't want to know. But it still embarrasses me to think about it! I tried to be cool, calm and collect about it but inside I was dying!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        I was covering a story about a new Matson steamship for the Advertiser and all the media was there. For those of you who know me, my wearing a skirt to work is just unheard of, until that day. I had to climb a big metal stairway onto the ship, the wind is blowing and the KITV camera guy is right behind me and I was just so embarrassed as I knew my panties (UGH!!! under pantyhose!!!!) were showing. Not exactly sexy when there's pantyhose holding everything in place, right? I don't know if he had the camera rolling or what, but I didn't ask and I don't want to know. But it still embarrasses me to think about it! I tried to be cool, calm and collect about it but inside I was dying!
        THAT was you I saw in the youtube video

Comment

Re: What embarrassing things have you done?

Hee-hee! I've actually introduced Mr. Gorelick on stage here in Seattle!
          Geez... more self-important name-dropping.

Comment

Hee-hee! I've actually introduced Mr. Gorelick on stage here in Seattle! (And I've bought Manilow albums for the Alpha Female, too.)
            You learn something new every day...

I never knew what Kenny G's last name was!

Thanks for mentioning it Leo... Especially since I'm from the Northwest... you would have thought that I would have known it!

Thanks for bringing it up!

PJ - I learned something from Leo's post... I'm not sure what your problem is with what he posted.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              PJ - I learned something from Leo's post... I'm not sure what your problem is with what he posted.
              If you're not sure, then your reading comprehension really does need some serious help.

I'm glad that you learned something new. There was nothing for me to learn, as I already knew what Kenny G's last name was. Instead of an embarrassing moment, it was self-important name-dropping. Auwe.

Comment

Unless introducing Kenny G was embarassing. I can see how it might be.

Comment

Touche...

Comment

PJ...

Leo knows many people from his daily life and working job. Why does it bother you so much that he has gifted us HT users with a bit of his life?

If you call it so called name dropping...

"the Context is key to this delicate maneuver. “Ideally you want to steer the discussion to a subject and plant a seed, so you can name-drop in response." George Stephanopoulos. http://men.style.com/details/feature...d=content_4156

And I think Leo plants many seeds through his thoughts, wisdom and his experiences... part of those include the people that he meets and interacts with.

I myself have been guilty of name dropping... and sheesh...these were just family members.

Leo - I appreciate hearing your first hand accounts of those that you are fortunate enough to meet... and I hope that you will continue to let us know who you do happen to get a chance to meet.

I know many others also talk about who they meet and do it in a sense that they are impressed by this so called person... however, Leo - I know your in the industry that deals directly with many people that might be envious of you.... so you just keep letting us know who you meet.... cause I enjoy hearing the stories.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      Why does it bother you so much that he has gifted us HT users with a bit of his life?
                      Gifted "us" HT users? Speak for yourself.

This thread is about embarrassing moments. Who cares if Leo got to meet Kenny G? And the "hee hee" to start? Please.

I stand by my opinion. The post I referred to was nothing but self-important name-dropping.

Comment

What crawled up your butt?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                          What crawled up your butt?
                          So there I was thinking, OH my GAWD this guy has got his video camera practically up my butt!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

So last week I got home from the dentist and I have a hyper sensitivity to the lydocaine! And they gave me 3 shots of it
                            I got back in the car to go get dinner with the hubby and kids (they were getting shoes on and I was not going to help)
                            and I found a pair of binoculars....I noticed my face was warped in them so I spaced out for some reason and was looking into them and sticking my tongue out and just generally being a dork....and guess who walks up and just stands there, yes our friendly mailman.
                            He didn't say Hmm HMM or anything. He just stood there! I turned around and nearly wet myself!
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              So there I was thinking, OH my GAWD this guy has got his video camera practically up my butt!
                              So...was your underwear frilly and nice or did it have holes in it with a shredded elastic waistband?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                So...was your underwear frilly and nice or did it have holes in it with a shredded elastic waistband?
                                I think it was a beige Skimp Skamp HiKini. It was in OK shape, but, you know how pantyhose kinda scrunches stuff?
                                And well, yes, maybe I was kinda bummed that once I originally bared all, my contribution was diminished, so that's why I brought it back up. Maddie presented me an obvious segue, wouldn't you say? Funny what the boys pay attention to!
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X