No announcement yet.

Embarrassing Moments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What embarrassing things have you done?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Wat? No way foa me!!!! I own My Domain!!!
    Don't like wat I write ~ No come on da Site.
    AuntiePupule.com is not foa Insensitive people. It's foa REAL People!
    Have a Nice Day
    Auntie Lynn
    I think you mean it's not for "sensitive" people, NT.
    INsensitive types gonna enjoy every posting! Why you think I keep going there?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      And, to take Manoa's point a step further, why IS it all right to say "white" folks can or can't do whatever, and then say "it's just a joke"? Is it acceptable to say: "black folks sure can shuffle" or "Asians can't drive safely" or "Chinese sure are tightwads," and then add a smiley-face as if to say "if you're offended by my comment, you're the one who's in the wrong"?
      I think there is a phenomenon where people who veil their prejudices when they think they'll be taken to task feel free to express prejudice in what they think are "safe" environments. Surrounded by those who they believe are of like mind, they let loose with statements that they would think twice about if they thought there would be flack.

We were visiting my daughter and grandkids in Northern CA last year. We went to a children's party with one of them, at a hotel pool.

I went to look for my husband, found him with a pissed look on his face---not his usual. Seems he had gotten his white self cornered by the equally white grandfather of one of the kids attending the party and been treated to an anti-Mexican-immigrant tirade. My husband gave it back to him, verbally, and walked away fuming.

Wonder if the ranting racist would've felt so free to approach my husband had he known that our son-in-law is Mexican, several of our grandchildren are half-Mexican, and my kids are half-Hispanic?

Probably not.

So maybe certain folks here feel it's just dandy to knock haoles because they feel they have a supportive audience?

Comment

i once did a show in goleta, CA at an all-ages punk rock club...my band decided to drop trow on cue...my boxers headed south along with my trousers...in front of about 1500 teenagers...i spent the rest of the evening hiding backstage with my hip-flask and a cooler full of beer...i was at least 8 years older than the oldest attendee, but was embarassed beyond the pale...it was outdoors and about 55 degrees...
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

This isn't embarassing to me, but it was a common occurrence and one that was certainly embarassing to the others involved:

I traditionally have mirror-style tint on my car. When my wife worked at Macy's, I'd park near the employee entrance at Ala Moana (on that weird middle parking level that tends to screw people up) and wait for her to come out. Well, the big square windows on my van were quite frequently selected to serve as makeshift mirrors as other female employees scurried to work. I'd be relaxing, driver's seat reclined all the way, then suddenly look up to find a woman making grotesque faces at me as she carefully checked the corners of her lipstick or something. Or adjust other parts, for that matter.

Sometimes I'd be startled enough that they'd realize someone was in the van. Never did come up with a non-awkward way to recover from that...

Comment

That reminds me....I was at a family reunion.

I had a big black Pathfinder with tinted black windows...I got drenched in water balloons and needed to change since my truck was parked right out front. I hopped in and changed my clothes...ALL of them..

My sister came up to my truck and said "Hey sis, did you know you can se through your tinted windows?"

I had that truck 3 years before I found out!!! Lord only knows what I did in that truck! I know that worst thing was not changing my clothes!
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              But you can see that others didn't realize Keanu was joking, right? The lack of emoticons made some folks wonder "is this a joke or not?" Keanu corrected that later. It wasn't just Manoa who may have had an issue with Keanu's statement.

And, to take Manoa's point a step further, why IS it all right to say "white" folks can or can't do whatever, and then say "it's just a joke"? Is it acceptable to say: "black folks sure can shuffle" or "Asians can't drive safely" or "Chinese sure are tightwads," and then add a smiley-face as if to say "if you're offended by my comment, you're the one who's in the wrong"?
              I was offended by the visual that Mazda created with her post so I was being truthful with my remarks. If people want to get their panties in a bunch over it, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
                I was offended by the visual that Mazda created with her post so I was being truthful with my remarks. If people want to get their panties in a bunch over it, so be it.
                And just what "visual" would that be that offended you so grievously?

A white woman dancing, a woman dancing, or ANYONE dancing to a Justin Timberlake cut? (Note the deliberate ommision of a smiley emoticon.)

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                  And just what "visual" would that be that offended you so grievously?

A white woman dancing, a woman dancing, or ANYONE dancing to a Justin Timberlake cut?
                  Mazda dancing.

(Note the deliberate ommision of a smiley emoticon.)
                  Noted without care.

Comment

Most embarrasing thing?....hmmm

Oh, I got one...I used to dance at one luau show....this was my first night on stage...My coconut bra was humangous( previous owner must have been sporting some double D's), my tahitian skirt was too small ~ ANYWAY..
                    I get out there and like domino's things kept falling off one after the other!

Ran off stage with skirt and bra in hand...LOL, its funny now but Mucho Embarassing back then!
                    Tristin-Mataiva . . . . . Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! ! !
                    I sell cars...TTFN, have a nice day and Drive Safe!!!
                    email: zoomhawaii@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      This isn't embarassing to me, but it was a common occurrence and one that was certainly embarassing to the others involved:

I traditionally have mirror-style tint on my car. When my wife worked at Macy's, I'd park near the employee entrance at Ala Moana (on that weird middle parking level that tends to screw people up) and wait for her to come out. Well, the big square windows on my van were quite frequently selected to serve as makeshift mirrors as other female employees scurried to work. I'd be relaxing, driver's seat reclined all the way, then suddenly look up to find a woman making grotesque faces at me as she carefully checked the corners of her lipstick or something. Or adjust other parts, for that matter.

Sometimes I'd be startled enough that they'd realize someone was in the van. Never did come up with a non-awkward way to recover from that...
                      Man, that sounds like working in security watching the dressing rooms!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                        i once did a show in goleta, CA at an all-ages punk rock club...my band decided to drop trow on cue...my boxers headed south along with my trousers...in front of about 1500 teenagers...i spent the rest of the evening hiding backstage with my hip-flask and a cooler full of beer...i was at least 8 years older than the oldest attendee, but was embarassed beyond the pale...it was outdoors and about 55 degrees...
                        Oh, that's sucks !
                        Last edited by tikiyaki; August 22, 2006, 07:16 PM.
                        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Noted without care.
                          Wow. Heavy...@@...duly noted with even less care.

Comment

Wow. Heavy...@@...duly noted with even less care.

Hey, create your own sarcastic comeback.

Comment

Hey, create your own sarcastic comeback.
                              Didn't notice the copywright.

Comment

Didn't notice the copywright.

LOL, becareful every sues nowadays...lol
                                Tristin-Mataiva . . . . . Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! ! !
                                I sell cars...TTFN, have a nice day and Drive Safe!!!
                                email: zoomhawaii@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X