Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Moments...

Default Re: What embarrassing things have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAzza
    Never mind! Move along, nothing to see here!

(probably past his bedtime, anyway ...)
    :::Slapping up the yellow CRIME SCENE tape:::

Quote Originally Posted by LeiKaina
    Sadly, I dance no matter who is watching.
    You got a webcam?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener
    You got a webcam?
    LOL---thanks for the laugh!

During CNA class today, we practiced transferring a resident from the bed onto a wheelchair. I was the resident, and a female was the CNA. While she moved me with her arms beneath my waist and knees to move me, I accidentally farted. Whoo! Unfortunately, since this class was comprised mostly of filipinos, word spreaded to the other classmates who laughed their A off. Luckily the teacher told a few dozen stories of other student's embarrassing situations, which were much worse.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

This happened a few minutes ago and my face is still red. I've decided to share my humiliation in an effort to purge it from my soul.

My friend Buzz1941 drove me to Longs so I could pick up a prescription. He dropped me off in front so he could go park and I could get started waiting in line. As I got out of his Jeep, I smelled something delicious coming from Safeway.

"I smell fried chicken!" I yelled with great enthusiasm (and a slight Southern accent) as I slammed the car door, then turned around to see a young black man walking across in front of the Jeep, who obviously heard my comment and didn't know what to make of it.

I was so flabbergasted and embarrassed, I just stammered, and then he was gone, and I fled into Longs. When Buzz came in, I almost died laughing from embarrassment and horror as he described the look on the man's face. He apparently wasn't sure whether he should be offended or what, and I don't blame him.

If you don't understand why this was awful, bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAzza View Post
    This happened a few minutes ago and my face is still red. I've decided to share my humiliation in an effort to purge it from my soul. If you don't understand why this was awful, bless you.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

That's pretty funny...maddie!

I've been away from the mainland for so long...I wouldn't have thought twice had you said something like that while I was around...

I wonder if that guy has lived here all of his life or just recently moved here...If he has lived here all his life... he may not even realized what you had said and might have thought nothing of it... cause maybe he was also smelling "Chicken"

It's kind of like when I was on the mainland and we would see police officers radaring speeders on the highway.... If you saw them... you would say... "I smell bacon"

hahahaha, maddie...i got nearly as uncomfortable as you just reading your story...my ears got hot and i got that sinking feeling in the pit of my gut...

i once did the same sort of thing during a rock and roll tour through utah...i had been tossing a few back with a band that was hosting us and got off on a tangent about how wierd mormons are...before i found out that the club owner that was sitting with us was devout...yikes...i wanted to crawl up my own arse, i felt like such creep...
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

This happened a few minutes ago and my face is still red. I've decided to share my humiliation in an effort to purge it from my soul.

My friend Buzz1941 drove me to Longs so I could pick up a prescription. He dropped me off in front so he could go park and I could get started waiting in line. As I got out of his Jeep, I smelled something delicious coming from Safeway.

"I smell fried chicken!" I yelled with great enthusiasm (and a slight Southern accent) as I slammed the car door, then turned around to see a young black man walking across in front of the Jeep, who obviously heard my comment and didn't know what to make of it.

I was so flabbergasted and embarrassed, I just stammered, and then he was gone, and I fled into Longs. When Buzz came in, I almost died laughing from embarrassment and horror as he described the look on the man's face. He apparently wasn't sure whether he should be offended or what, and I don't blame him.

If you don't understand why this was awful, bless you.
    Ok Maddie.... I am surely one of those that don't get this...... is this something racial... I am naive on some of these things...

What am I missing here.... what does the black man have to do with you saying I smell friend chicken?? PM me...
    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenolu View Post
    Ok Maddie.... I am surely one of those that don't get this...... is this something racial... I am naive on some of these things...

What am I missing here.... what does the black man have to do with you saying I smell friend chicken?? PM me...
    Queenolu, oftentimes fried chicken's associated with the African-American community, so yes it's race related. Unfortunately it's a stereotype that's been around for a while now.

I know some African-Americans take offense to it, but there are those who embrace and poke fun at it. Just watch Flavor Flav on Sundays on the Flavor of Love 2.

Maddie, I'm sorry this happened. I don't know what I would have done if it happened to me.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Queenolu, oftentimes fried chicken's associated with the African-American community, so yes it's race related. Unfortunately it's a stereotype that's been around for a while now.

I know some African-Americans take offense to it, but there are those who embrace and poke fun at it. Just watch Flavor Flav on Sundays on the Flavor of Love 2.

Maddie, I'm sorry this happened. I don't know what I would have done if it happened to me.
    Ok, I understand that.... but I guess it's all about where you mind set it.... if that was me standing there while maddie said that.... I would not have thought it meant anything racist, race related or take offense to it....

She was in front of the grocery store... she smelled friend chicken and she yelled it out out of excitement...... goodness... anyone that loves friend chicken would have done the same thing frankly...

Call me naive or what not.... but I don't see what the embrassing point here is.... she had no reason to be embrassed....... hey... maybe the guy was not even thinking about that.... he probably was thinking... why is she all excited over some friend chicken and yelling like that....

So, it's all about where your mind set is....... Maddie you didn't do anything wrong... no need to be embrassed......by the way... I am "African" American... if you don't know...
    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Back in college (wasn't that long) in my Algebra class, my cell phone rang (I usually don't have any calls, so I leave it on level 5) and it was "ebay" by Weird Al Yankovic - which was a parody of "I want it that way" originally done by the Backstreet boys. All the class needed to hear was the first few seconds, and everyone started to point and laugh at me because they thought my ringtone was of the Backstreet Boys. I tried to explain that wasn't but it was too late, as everyone teased that I like the BSBs. Luckily my true friends in that class set everyone straight by listening to weird al songs.

(and sorry if that story was a repost)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Under a wet rock somewhere in the Pacific Ocean

too many but here's a few..

got caught masturbating by my mother

barfed in church during the reading of the gospel.. to this day I'm still ashamed to show my face at that church

got mobbed at the old underground pool hall in Kapahulu by two tongans right in front of a bunch of hot asian chicks.

me and my girlfriend got caught 69ing in the back of Kahala Mall by some security guards.... we were both completely naked. so embarrassing!

I am potty training my newly 3 year old. He refuses to wear underwear of any sort....so we went to eat lastnight....I was sitting there and he hopped down and went running as he pulled his pants down and proceeded shirt up and shorts around ankles 30 more feet to the bathroom!

I can't catch the little bugger! He is too fast for me!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

While living in student housing at UHM, one of my biggest pet peeves was people who didn't take their laundry out of the washers when it's done. I thought it's an A-hole thing to do if you took their clothes out and left it on top of the machine so you could do you laundry, so I always waited until they'd remove it themselves.

But finals week is pretty hectic--some dorm residents are already moving out, and I'm trying to do some laundry, study, and still get adequate sleep time. So I lug my laundry downstairs, and of course all the washers are taken. One's ending in 8 minutes. I return in 8 minutes, and the load is just sitting there. I return in 15 minutes. The load is still there. I return in another 15 minutes, and the load is still there. 15 minutes later, I--you get the idea. But this time, I was desperate to do my laundry. I opened the front of the washer, stuck both hands in to get the load of clothes out, and lo and behold--it's a washer full of just thongs. They're pretty light, so I was able to grab the entire load with my two hands. I stand and I'm startled when I see one of the most gorgeous Chinese women I've ever seen, standing about two feet from me, smiling. I turned redder than a lacy Frederick's thong I was holding and said, "Ooooooooh, sh*t. These are yours." She was like, "Yeah. And it's okay." She let out a hearty laugh, I threw my clothes in the machine, and ran up the fire exit to my room.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenolu View Post
    Maddie you didn't do anything wrong... no need to be embrassed......by the way... I am "African" American... if you don't know...
    I didn't know (or had forgotten). I feel so much better now after reading your (and others') comments. Thanks, guys!

I probably did overreact somewhat, but Buzz said the guy looked outraged for a moment, then confused, then I guess maybe he decided my comment wasn't directed at him.

I'm glad we can all laugh at ourselves in this thread.

Whew, Maddie! Like Jdub I was blushing along with you. I'm sure the guy had a good laugh about it later, too (provided he also realized he smelled fried chicken, I guess... or even knew why you looked so embarassed at all -- obviously it's not a universally-known reference).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I opened the front of the washer, stuck both hands in to get the load of clothes out, and lo and behold--it's a washer full of just thongs. They're pretty light, so I was able to grab the entire load with my two hands.
    Well, getting caught holding thongs is probably preferable to getting caught sniffing them. ("I couldn't tell if they were clean!") I'm sure anyone who has shared laundry accommodations would understand, though!

Your story reminded me of the one time a neighbor's pink panty ended up in our family laundry (it must've been left in the dryer). There was certainly a brief wide-eyed moment when my wife pulled it out of our basket...
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle View Post
    I am potty training my newly 3 year old. He refuses to wear underwear of any sort...
    Ever hear Dana Carvey's "Naked Time" bit? Parents know that exhibitionist streak well. Our challenge? Well, in an emergency, I let my son water the plants (so to speak) at a park once upon a time... and he found the experience so exhiliarating, he spent several weeks just looking for opportunities to pee outdoors. To the point where he'd walk past our bathroom at home, out the front door, to the plumeria tree in the front yard.

And just last week, at his sister's soccer practice, he put on a show for the whole, squealing team.

haha... these are too funny! Keep em comin
    -kp!

Lets see......

This happened to me eons ago at the Pearlridge 4 Plex....
    Was waiting for a movie to start and had my popcorn and m&m peanuts in tow ready to munch on. WELL..... for some stupid reason I dropped the m&m's onto the floor and this is waaaaay waaaay before stadium seating so the floor is slanted. Once the candies hit the floor they started rolling down and the noise it made as it was rolling had people in front of me looking down wondering WHAT THE HECK IS THAT NOISE...
    I was soooooo embarassed I duck my head down to not to draw the red faced facial expression on what jus happend.

Red face Embarrasing Moments...

Hi all, Have you ever had any embarrasing moments any day/time from the day you were born to the present??

Inquiring minds would like to know....

I did !.

Here I was, I asked the original boss of whom I use to work with (many years ago) this company to comeback & work for her again, & she is full filipino.

So, here I was trying to impress her with my filipino language & talking to her in tagalog.

She starts laughing!!, I asked her why she was laughing,

So she told me that I was speaking to her in broken filipino (tagalog) .lol.

I was totally embarrased. OMG!!.

Any one else would like to share their personal experience?.

Hope to hear from you. =)

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Lets see......

This happened to me eons ago at the Pearlridge 4 Plex....
    Was waiting for a movie to start and had my popcorn and m&m peanuts in tow ready to munch on. WELL..... for some stupid reason I dropped the m&m's onto the floor and this is waaaaay waaaay before stadium seating so the floor is slanted. Once the candies hit the floor they started rolling down and the noise it made as it was rolling had people in front of me looking down wondering WHAT THE HECK IS THAT NOISE...
    I was soooooo embarassed I duck my head down to not to draw the red faced facial expression on what jus happend.
    Try having a super duper large bladder buster bucket of Seven Up sitting on the floor in front of you while you straddle it in those old theaters get kicked by someone passing by (and you forgetting it was there).

When it spilled you could see the wave of viewers stand up as the wave washed down to the screen.

But that technique works well at the Waikiki Shell on the grass when one picture perfect evening was destroyed when the couple in front of me and my girlfriend decided to open up an umbrella to hide and do some intense necking. As crowded as the grass seating area was we couldn't see Kenny G on the stage because of this massive golf umbrella in front of us, so I tipped my cup of soda over soaking their butts.

"Oops...sorry about that" as they got up and hurried off to the bathroom.

Now if I go to the Shell, I order regular up front seats then sit in the grass. When it gets crowded I tell the couple in front of me I got two stubs for seating up front. As soon as they gladly leave for the seats, I roll open my Goza and stretch my legs out.

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    we couldn't see Kenny G
    You know, cw, this concert may count as an embarassing moment in itself.

(Yeah, I know - this from the guy who works for the "elevator music" company.)

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    You know, cw, this concert may count as an embarassing moment in itself.

(Yeah, I know - this from the guy who works for the "elevator music" company.)
    Oh damn that's right but at the time it was the thing to see...just like Barry Mannilow. Imagine that.

Default Re: Embarrassing Moments...

One day I was on the elevator with a co-worker, he is as quiet and shy as a church mouse. When the elevator door opened, he was a gentleman and let me walk out first. As I was heading out the door, I heard his gentle voice call out to me. I'm thinking wow he never says as much as boo to me...wonder what's up. Cool as a cucumber he says to me "your skirt is tucked inside of your pantyhose". I will never forget him, because he saved my ass from all the world to see...hahahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Oh damn that's right but at the time it was the thing to see...just like Barry Mannilow. Imagine that.
    Hee-hee! I've actually introduced Mr. Gorelick on stage here in Seattle! (And I've bought Manilow albums for the Alpha Female, too.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast