Your best comeback line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best comeback line?

Remember when you were a kid and somoene picked on you and you couldnt think of anything to say back? Then later you think of the perfect comeback?
    Whats your best comeback?

Mines might be a conversation with a (then) girlfriend. She was complaing that her family was giving her heat about me, saying I was too tall (I'm 6'0), not Vietnamese, and that I walk funny.

"Walk funny? Well I guess they never saw an asian guy with a big dong walk before"

I think she punched me in the arm.

this thread inspired by the 'embarrasing moments' thread and the letter V
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: Your best comeback line?

The best comeback line is silence.

Silence is a killer

Comment

I armed my little girls with this one to use whenever mostly little boys pronounce "YOU STINK!"

The girls have been told to say, "YOUR NOSE IS BROKEN!"

They think it's hilarious!

My favorite thing to say is, "What? Can you say that again?" Most times people don't want to repeat what they think the could have gotten away with saying just once.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My favorite backhanded comment is this.

Someone says, "I like that (fill in the blank) movie (or song, or restaurant etc)

YOU say...."Oh Yea, I could see how someone like you would like that. That makes total sense."

Always knocks the person off kilter for a sec. It's one of my favrite sarcasms.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by famous balding guy
          oh yeah? well the jerk store called and they're running out of you!

ring any bells?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            The best comeback line is silence.

Silence is a killer
            Then you're not very good at comeback lines, are you?
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

My fav: "Somewhere, a village is missing an idiot". Maybe an old one (?), but I still like it

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                ring any bells?
                The ocean called, and they're running out of shrimp!

I've used these only on good friends 'cause these lines are super offensive: "Do me a favor and go kill yourself" and "Go drink and drive"

fierce hip-hop fans would know where this is from: "you mad, doggie?"
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I have an old friend, who happens to be about as bald as a bowling ball. He always gives me, in good-natured fun, a hard time over whatever fashion I'm currently wearing my hair in. (He has always been somewhat envious that I have a full head of hair, often stating he wished he still had his) At the moment, I'm wearing my hair quite long (shoulder length), but for a while, maybe three years ago, I was wearing it quite short; I was seeing my barber about once every month to keep it cropped. After having had my hair cut one day, my buddy and I happen to meet up, and as usual, he made a comment like: "Nice! I see your barber once again has done another typical botch job on your hair!" The only thing that I could think of to counter his barb was "Yeah...he may have botched cutting it again. But you know what? Unlike your hair, mine will grow back fuller and thicker next cut!" All he could do was stand helplessly and turn red in the face as his buddies laughed and realized I got him back good with that line.

Comment

yep I've got another one that a buddy of mine (let's call him Choibot) used to use all the time. It became such a running joke that he couldn't come up with comebacks to save his life. Eventually the line became a universal generic "comeback" that everyone adopted as part of everyday vernacular.

Originally posted by shooter808
                    Ho wow Choibot, you bench so much, you going need bra pretty soon...
                    Originally posted by Choibot
                    eh. eh. eh fahk kyu. eh faaahhhkk kyu. eh faaaaaaaaaaahhhhhk kyu!
                    complete with the double barrelled "finger" with both hands.

meh, maybe you had to be there. it was funny and makes me chuckle to this day to think about it.

Comment

Old school : Here's a quarter....go call someone who goves a f*ck

Updated : Here's my cell phone, go call someone who gives a f*ck

My other fave : Build a bridge and get over yourself
                      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Slap or punch in the arm does well for me. I've been told I need anger management classes, cuz I hit too much.

Slappy,

KaYa T.
                        sigpic

Comment

I usually pull the move from the movie Roxanne and make like their insult wasn't original or clever enough. I.E. "That's all you can come up with? Must suck to be you."
                          -kp!

Comment

I was onstage the other night, and a cop pulled someone over just outside the bar. The bartender, trying to be funny, shouted for the whole bar to hear "[Jdub] your ride is here!" Nobody laughed.

Without looking up as I tuned my guitar, I said over the mike "Is it your mom?" The crowd cracked up.
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

mine was usually a sucker-punch to the gut.

i was a mean, mean, horrible kid.
                              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X