Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live African Watering Hole Cam

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
    I saw that too! Did you see the 10 Zebras about 15-20 min before the gazelle? They started in from the right on the far side of the hole and when they left, a mare and her foal (if that's what they're called) came over to the near side! Too cool! Extremely addicting once you see something.
    No I missed it but I went back and now it is daytime and I saw a bunch of zebra! This is addicting! I am sending it to my hubby's work.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      And believe it or not... at many places in the world at 5:30 am it's still dark.... (here in Hawaii!)
      Umm... NO SHIT, SHERLOCK. Which is why I posted what I did. And it's laughable that you think you can give others punctuation lessons. Like I said before, you really have enough on your plate with your own idiotic statements.

Originally posted by manoasurfer
      You have snarked over Windward's posts all day on different threads and now you just switched to this one.... Look at some of her posts today on different threads and then look who's the first to say something against what she said.
      Yes, because God forbid I have a different opinion than she does. I posted twice in one thread. Nice to know I've got you stalking me.

Originally posted by manoasurfer
      I guess it's her turn to get the PJ treatment... as you seem to like to give it out to everyone else...
      Again, all the attention you're giving me is flattering, but you really do have your head stuck up your butt. Keep making dumb comments, and I'll keep calling you on it. If that's the "PJ treatment," so be it. You deserve it.

Comment

I also saw some Zebras around 5:50pm HST (5:50am Africa Time). Here are some snips of what I saw:

Comment

Ah arturo... you beat me to it..!

I'm pretty amazed that so many different animals share the same watering hole w/out conflicts...

I wish we as humans could do something like that!

Comment

Was anyone else watching that...did it just not pan right, tilt down, and then get a shot of some animal crap?

Comment

I saw that pan right, tilt down, pan left, tilt up thing too.

Those Zebras were pretty cool....Not as white as I would have expected.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

This reminds of this...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...hunting25.html

Some of this "game" looks pretty edible

Comment

It zoomed in on birds! ?? tHEY MUST BE RESEARCHING?? oops cap lock and fingernails.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
                    Thats cool, Marco- I minimized it,*cuz I'm at work, and kept the speakers on...so like i can hear the crickets singing. Some one finally asked, " is there a cricket in here?" LOL, Laughing to myself- not mentioning anything about the site...lol
                    Haha, that's funny! I have it on right now at the place where I work, and a bunch of customers are looking around and asking the same question. lol

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                    That was really cool. Thanks!
                    No problem

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    I wanna see some real action... a tiger take out a zebra or something!
                    Well, I'm by no means an expert, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any tigers in Africa. I think tigers are only still in the wild in Asia, so I wouldn't expect to see a tiger anytime soon.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Speaking of Africa, I know I mentioned my daughter visited Africa last month for 2 3 day safaris and a 6 day hike up and down Mount Kilimanjaru. She got some great photos esp. of animals. Warning...it's the Kodak site which requires registration and they do send 'spam' a couple of times a week.
                    Wow, those are some great pics! I've always wanted to go on a safari. I'm a National Geographic and Animal Planet slut. Is it too intrusive to ask how expensive the trip was that your daughter took? If it is, no worries. I was just wondering cuz it's something I plan to do later in life.

So, am I the only one here who's seen a rhino at the watering hole? I guess I must be special then, yeah?

NOT!

Comment

Live watering hole action going on right now... camera is zooming and panning like crazy... I think it's a deer(?) or two and a little baby one.

Comment

Those are so cute! I swear all I was getting to see were bugs at night and geese and pigeons during the day! Thanks PJ!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                          [...]Wow, those are some great pics! I've always wanted to go on a safari. I'm a National Geographic and Animal Planet slut. Is it too intrusive to ask how expensive the trip was that your daughter took? If it is, no worries. I was just wondering cuz it's something I plan to do later in life.[...]
                          Here's the web page. I couldn't find the price but I believe it was not for the faint of financial heart...somewhere in the $12K range including airfare from L.A. There were only 3 guests on her journey and the other 2 were people she knew...and 15 porters! I don't know if the # of porters might've changed if the full capacity of 8 guests had signed up. Regardless, 5 porters per guest allowed for a very nice, albeit strenuous, excursion. My daughter loved it but was distraught over the poverty she saw. From a mom's point of view, experiencing that poverty was worth the price of the trip, esp. since I didn't pay for it! I was really, really glad that it bothered her...a lot.

Comment

This is cool...

So far just a bird, but hpefully soon, something will show up.

The sound is vey peaceful tho.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

A baboon!

Comment

Just checked---there are now about 200 water buffalo at the watering hole.

How do I get a "snapshot" of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X