Evan Dobelle: Fair "firing" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Evan Dobelle: Fair "firing" ?

Where can I find a job that pays me $125,000 (on top of a $1 million + settlement) to write an outline that doesn't have to result in any meaningful research and not be legally in breach of a contract? Sign me up right now.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Being one that worked at UH and with Dobelle, I feel his firing was justified . . . whatever the official reason. I will not, however, share my personal experiences and feelings.
      The inability to hear is a nuisance; The inability to communicate a tragedy. Hear my hands!

Comment

Being one that only worked at UH as a student employee and never worked anywhere near Dobelle, I also feel his firing was justified . . . whatever the official reason. I have, previously and extensively, shared my personal experiences and feelings.

Comment

Being one that went thru the UH process and paid for UH sporting tickets and being a taxpayer and never worked anywhere near Dobelle, I also feel his firing was justified . . . whatever the official reason. I have, previously and extensively, shared my personal experiences and feelings.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Well, well, well. If Evan Dobelle was as good a researcher and administrator as he claimed to be, how come he skated for almost 7 months on the State's dime (@ $125k/year), collecting severance while not doing the promised research that was part of the terms of his buyout?

I'm glad the UH had enough sense to terminate the agreement for lack of progress on his proposed research paper before it ended up costing the taxpayers more kala. As it is, the national search for a new UH President is going to cost the taxpayers a pretty penny, even if McClain is finally selected as the new President.

And how come only KITV reported on this? I didn't see any stories in either of the daily newspapers about this latest twist in the sad saga of Evan Dobelle. Is it "out of sight, out of mind?"

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; December 17, 2005, 08:33 AM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              As it is, the national search for a new UH President is going to cost the taxpayers a pretty penny, even if McClain is finally selected as the new President.
              McClain has said he doesn't want the job. Wonder what's more likely when UH casts its net? Another guy like McClain, or another guy like Dobelle?

Comment

They should just "cut costs" and give June Jones the job. Take it or leave it.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                X