Best Fried Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fried Chicken?

Who makes the best fried chicken? Both restaurant and fast food?

I used to love Hana's Broasted Chicken.. well, maybe it wasn't really fried, but it was crispy on the outside and moist and garlicky inside. I guess they went out of business.

Re: Best Fried Chicken?

Benny's Restaurant made the best Fried Chicken!

Alas, they closed too.

The nearest to their Fried Chicken I've tasted can be found at Bob's Big Boys across from Moanoloa Gardens near 99 Ranch Market. It's featured on their Thursday Special.

Crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside.

Very onolicious!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Chicken Alice

Chicken Alice. Too bad they're gone. With just the right amount of zing, just enough so that even I can handle it. I haven't tried to make it myself, but I will soon. http://starbulletin.com/2005/02/16/features/story1.html

For just plain ol' drive in stuff, I've been liking Popeye's a lot more than KFC. Zippys used to be okay, but they let it sit in the broaster way too long.

Comment

When I lived in Indiana it was Church's Fried Chicken followed closely by KFC. Now that I'm in PA and we don't have Church's... it's KFC then I'd have to say fried chicken out of my own frying pan. I love fried chicken. Gotta be my favorite food.
        -kp!

Comment

There are two places to get some of the most amazing fried chicken I've ever had. Tanioka's in Waipahu (it's a fish market / okazuya) and KJ's in Kaneohe. At KJ's, as I've mentioned earlier, you get for $5.50 (or so) six enormous thighs with your mac salad (or green beans or corn) and rice. It's ridiculous, and it's really good.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            There are two places to get some of the most amazing fried chicken I've ever had. Tanioka's in Waipahu (it's a fish market / okazuya) and KJ's in Kaneohe. At KJ's, as I've mentioned earlier, you get for $5.50 (or so) six enormous thighs with your mac salad (or green beans or corn) and rice. It's ridiculous, and it's really good.
            That's gotta be one of the best deals around!

Six thighs (and enormous at that) for only $5.50?

Too bad I'm on the Big Island, I have to eat my wife's cooking. But not to complain because she makes the best chicken ever. And I've tasted Mitsuken.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Where is KJ's located exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                Where is KJ's located exactly?
                Windward City Shopping Center - KJ's Local Grindz.

Comment

We go Popeye's chicken ... especially with the on-line coupon! Better than KFC!

Comment

I might gross a few out here...

But zippy's fried chicken is pretty good!

Not the best... but I prefer it to say Popeyes!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      I might gross a few out here...

But zippy's fried chicken is pretty good!

Not the best... but I prefer it to say Popeyes!

I second that. Zippy's broasted chicken plate is pretty good (Next to Washington Intermediate)

Comment

I have to say Popeye's makes the best fried chicken. It tastes better than Zippy's or KFC.
                        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                          I have to say Popeye's makes the best fried chicken. It tastes better than Zippy's or KFC.

SLAP SLAP (throws water on face) wake up you're having a bad dream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I second that. Zippy's broasted chicken plate is pretty good (Next to Washington Intermediate)
                            Hehehe, the secret's in the oil.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              Hehehe, the secret's in the oil.
                              Then it's a huuuuuuuge secret, because that's the greasiest chicken this side of, dang. I can't think of something funny.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X