The Hobbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit

very surprised and disappointed to read this article about how jackson will not be hired to film tolkien's "the hobbit"...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061121/...ure_jackson_dc
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: The Hobbit

They sure have BIG shoes to fill ,and not with hobbit feet.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

The latest news....New Line is stupid. EW report
      Peter Jackson and the Lord of the Rings franchise — the two go together like Frodo and Sam. At least they used to. Last week, Jackson and partner Fran Walsh announced on TheOneRing.net that New Line had informed them that they ''would no longer be requiring our services'' for two upcoming Tolkien-based films, The Hobbit and a LOTR prequel. Moreover, the duo said the studio is ''actively looking to hire another filmmaker.''

Flickr

Comment

What a bummer. They did great as film makers for the others. Wot's up?
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I too am disappointed. I bet they'll be really surprised when the Hobbit tanks.

So I take it Sir Ian Holm and John Rhys Davies wont be in this movie either?

Comment

With all the money Jackson made on the LOTR films, why can he just by the rights? Did he spend it all on King Kong?

Flickr

Comment

Entertainment Weekly has the lastest on this Hell On Middle Earth Report.
              WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
              Money. Jackson's Wingnut Films filed a lawsuit against New Line in 2005, asking the studio to fully disclose all revenue from The Fellowship of the Ring, including international box office, DVD and TV sales, and merchandise like videogames and action figures.
              New Line is stupid....nuff said!

Flickr

Comment

It is starting to get ugly.....
                The feud over "The Hobbit" is getting hotter and meaner.

In the most recent sturm und drang over J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy novel, long-discussed as a project for "Lord of the Rings" helmer Peter Jackson, New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye told Sci Fi Wire that Jackson would never direct "The Hobbit" as long as Shaye is running New Line.

New Line, which released the "LOTR" trilogy, is in a public feud and lawsuit with Jackson over money the helmer says is owed him from the "Rings" pics. Trilogy grossed more than $3 billion worldwide in ticket sales alone.

"It will never happen during my watch," Shaye said of Jackson directing "The Hobbit" along with an "LOTR" prequel. New Line and MGM own the rights to both films.
                Looks like HELL in Middle Earth

Full article

Flickr

Comment

Reading the article confirmed my suspicions that Shaye is trying to deflect attention from New Line's lack of transparency about the monies. It's hard to imagine anyone other than Jackson directing The Hobbit or the prequel. The phrase "Good luck with that" comes to mind if New Line thinks they can find someone who could do half the job of Jackson.

Comment

Like Peter Jackson said as reported by EW magazine....Like Jaws 4 "this time it's personal".

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                      The phrase "Good luck with that" comes to mind if New Line thinks they can find someone who could do half the job of Jackson.
                      Actually, my phrase have only two words for New Line and Mr. Shaye: Screw You.

Here's hoping the agreement expires before New Line got something going, and Tolkien Enterprise can collaborate with PJ and Miramax.

(No, PJ cannot buy the right until the agreement is expired.)
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Maybe they based their decision after seeing the recent King Kong.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I worked on the bonus edition DVD's for LOTR and The Two Towers as an assistant editor, and after seeing how Jackson did those movies, the Hobbit will most definitely not be as good as the LOTR trilogy. New Line are complete morons for not using Jackson. The passion and attention to detail he and the WETA workshop put into those movies was unthinkable.

The people who were in charge of LOTR at New Line are probably not the ones working on this new Hobbit project, cos' they fully supported Jackson during the making of LOTR.

Amazing what greed can do to art.

That being said, I thought King Kong was pile of crap. Being that it was one of Jackson's favorite movies, I guess his love for the movie clouded his judgement in what makes a good movie. The King Kong story was just not that interesting, and Jack Black was the wrong guy for that movie.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                            That being said, I thought King Kong was pile of crap. Being that it was one of Jackson's favorite movies, I guess his love for the movie clouded his judgement in what makes a good movie. The King Kong story was just not that interesting, and Jack Black was the wrong guy for that movie.
                            That is an interesting insight. I wondered how he could do LOTR so perfectly and then KK was horrible. Lack of perspective caused by love for the story.

Comment

For some reason I was reminded of this

Have you seen The Star Wars Holiday Special? From what I heard the studio wanted to milk the cash cow and didnt use Lucas and this is what they came up.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X