This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections

The Democrat field narrows by one with John Kerry's announcement that he won't run. I breathed a sign of relief.

Comment

My ideal choice would be Edwards/Bayh, however I wouldn't be shocked if it comes down to being Clinton/Gore, that ticket that has worked before. Hilary needs a strong person to run alongside her with much experience and Al Gore fits that bill. I wish Al would get into the weight room and work out a bit more he looked sharp in 2000 and has gained 40 plus pounds since that election, he would look healthier and younger if he would shed some weight. If it's possible legally for Bill to run alongside Hillary I wonder how that would play out.

I do not want Obama running, I cannot understand for the life of me how someone with a couple year's experience as a Senator think they deserve to run for President. Heck at least George W. Bush was a Governor for six years or so by the time he ran for Prez. However, I'll gladly take Obama in a high-level cabinet position.

Having lived in Arizona for over a decade and recalling John McCain's involvement in the Charles Keating Savings & Loan scandal coupled with the fact he will be OLDER than Ronald Reagan when he runs again for President you can forget about me voting for mcCain as well.

I like Rudy Guiliani somewhat, but dont like him as the lead person on the ticket for some reason.

Back to Edwards the things that bother me about him is he couldnt bring one single southern state in 2004 and now has no formal platform to speak from other than a person who is running for President and I understand he still is in debt from the last election.

KalihiBoy

Comment

America VOTES 2008

Aloha everyone!

I would just like to tell you about two Democratic presidential candidates that deserve a chance to be heard, to lead and to serve this great nation of America. They are John Joseph Kennedy & Congressman Dennis Kucinich.

WHO IS JJK? John Joseph Kennedy is a true Democrat citizen. As a private citizen, he has contributed so much in our society today. JJK advocates for the truth on the event of the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Twin Towers at NYC as well as other bombings like the World Trade Center attack in 1993 (check out http://www.911truth.org). He remains vigilant from the start and 'til present against the war in Iraq. Moreover, JJK has a huge dream for children, the ocean and the environment in general. He calls for an end to violence on media, which he believes is the number one cause of child abuse. Currently, JJK is the President and CEO of his own company, which is the John Kennedy Enterprises Inc. He also created the Royal Critters -Whale Magic, a nonviolent digital animated film about the ocean and publishing project (http://www.whalemagicnetwork.com) currently being shopped for funding and global distribution.

WHO IS DENNIS KUCINICH? Dennis Kucinich is a visionary leader. His bid for presidency is a continuation of his challenge to the war in Iraq. Back then, he led 125 Democratic members of Congress to oppose the war in Iraq. His "Prayer for America" speech in Los Angeles (2002) inspired thousands and urged him to run for president. He has always been a voice and an advocate for human rights including the poor's and homeless', for the protection of environment, for the safety of genetically engineered foods, and for peace. He was the recipient of Gandhi Peace Award in 2003. He lead the campaign for the creation of a U.S. Department of Peace.

For more information about these two candidates, kindly visit:
        www.freewebs.com/vote4dreamteam

Mahalo!
        AMERICA VOTES 2008: VOTE FOR JJK & KUCINICH!

http://www.freewebs.com/vote4dreamteam
        Mahalo!

Comment

John Edwards numbers continue to rise in the polls.

Here is my take on it. Democrats have finally realized that to win the White House they must promote a candidate that is acceptable to at least a few conservatives. Hillary is not that candidate. Obama is not that candidate.

As a Reagan kid, who matured during the Clinton years, I can say that I liked Edwards last goround, yet Dems chose Kerry in a fit of suicidal lunacy. I have a feeling that the lunacy is wearing thin on mainstream Dems.

Edwards will continue to climb in the polls because mainstream Dems know that the other 2 leading candidates simply are not electable. Dem leadership has realized this also. The lunatic fringe is freaking out over this turn of events and will almost certainly try to derail Edwards, as has happened already with his campaign workers. But more nastiness from insiders will continue. The possibility that Edwards could win the White House is what makes him frightening to the fringe left. Success is viewed with cynicism by those types. That is precisely what they love about Hillary and Obama. No chance at all for a win, every chance that they can continue crying the loser game.

And speaking as a voter, I would love to see Rudy vs. Edwards. And I might even be one of the people who votes for the Democrat in that race.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I'd have no problem voting for a woman or a minority member in a presidential election. Obama is very charismatic but the jury is still out on him for me. Clinton has too much political baggage and while I've warmed up a bit to her, I still wouldn't be able to vote for her. I like Edwards at this point. It'll be interesting to see who comes out of the democratic primary.

On the other side, I liked McCain until he started talking about overturning Roe Vs Wade. Who are we to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body? I could never vote for someone that seeks to trample women's rights. Has anyone in the anti abortion movement gave a single thought of what happens to these children once they are born? Do they donate money to entities and programs that care for these children after birth? People should be responsible and use protection if they don't want to have kids but my concern is for the child after the fact. Children deserve the right grow up in loving homes and not moved from place to place as objects to be tossed around by society, and what happens if god forbid the woman is raped? I could never vote for McCain now.

I'm definitely voting for democrat this Presidential election, unless it's Hillary.

Comment

Clinton, Obama, Edwards and Giuliani could each get my vote.

pax

Comment

~Pull them little strings and I'll sing you a song, I'm your* puppet
                Make me do right or make me do wrong, I'm your* puppet~

corporations

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  Clinton, Obama, Edwards and Giuliani could each get my vote.
                  Ah, for the days of old-style Chicago politics...where they really COULD each get your vote - at the same time! And the votes of your deceased ancestors, too!

Comment

Here comes Edwards

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Poli...ni20070409.htm

I'm telling you, mainstream Dems are finally waking up to the fact that Edwards is the only choice if victory in 2008 is truly the mission. The young neo-cons, Reagan kids, et al really like this guy a lot.

Fringe libs will have to really pick up their game to sabotage Edwards in favor of Hillary or Obama. I'm sure suicidal fringers, led by Howard Dean, will do all they can to bomb out Edwards, especially cuz it appears as though he has a shot at victory.

I been telling you this was gonna happen. John Edwards is the favorite. Some Democrats are starting to realize this.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

What's all this? There's not gonna be another election...Bush is gonna refuse to leave.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                        What's all this? There's not gonna be another election...Bush is gonna refuse to leave.
                        End of the debate right there.

"Not gonna go --- 'mer-kuh's at war --- the deciderer is what I ... gonna be ... hafta stay --- nine-eleven!"

Comment

Wow.

It's hip to vote for Democrats?

--former Democrat supporter
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            It's hip to vote for Democrats?
                            Do we really vote FOR Democrats...

...or AGAINST Republicans?

More and more, I find my electoral choices have a degree of "anyone-but-THAT-person" in them, which saddens me.

Voting for the evil of two lessers.

Comment

Edwards almost has to be the front-runner because I cannot imagine the Democrats having him as the VP candidate two elections in a row. I'm a huge fan of Edwards but he helped to bring in absolutely zero southern states, losing his own state of Noorth Carolina in which he represented at the time as Senator. You have to win some southern states to win the Presidency even if you have to cheat to win them like Bush has.

Edwards made a trip to Hawaii last summer for one of the Unions, wish I had known in advance of this trip.

I worked on Kerry's campaign and would love for Edwards to get in. I think it also would be amazing for Edwards to win because he has no high profile platform from which to speak from in terms of a job, we have Senators, Governors, etc. running for President, and his only position is basicially a candidate for President when was the last time this happened when Nixon ran in 1968 he was just a lawyer I think at the time.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                                [...]I think it also would be amazing for Edwards to win because he has no high profile platform from which to speak from in terms of a job, we have Senators, Governors, etc. running for President, and his only position is basicially a candidate for President when was the last time this happened when Nixon ran in 1968 he was just a lawyer I think at the time.[...]
                                Yes, at the time but he had been Eisenhower's VP for 8 years.

I should check my dad's box of memoribilia to see if his "I Like Ike" button is in there! My dad, the republicrat!

Comment

Working...
                                X