Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here First

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Good English in Hawaii Threads?? Good Luck !! I'm fairly certain there are several folks here who simply cannot claim full literacy in ANY language.

As for the question of honor, 1/2 of American's have abandoned the idea.
    Half of which American's what?

Comment

qRe: I want to improve my English skills

Hello there! I would be glad to help you with some English. You are very good already! Feel free to e-mail me or PM me to practice. I hope you can understand me.
      'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by ewatada View Post
        Ok, please introduce them to me. Please tell them to send me message. I will show them Japanese. If other Japanese Hawaiian want to learn more advanced Japanese, I can show also. Put please no dirty words questioning. Only serious people's okay.
        Hi, I would be more than pleased to connect with Eino here. But I want to clarify that I am not a girl, but rather a guy! Too bad Eino is a dude, and not a gal, since it would have been good opportunity for my brother Shaun. (By the way, he will probably not return on this thread as he is way too embarassed). I will be happy to meet some of you in person if you guys live in the Seattle area. Through Appleinsider, we did manage to meet up with a Japanese working holiday student named Katsu Shibata.

But I am truly concerned what one can do about getting a girl for Shaun? He wants TLC from a girl to heal, and he wants a girl to not run away. For her to not run away, he wants to impregnate her, as women are going to stay if he does that. It is just that Shaun has been with "working girls" (25 or so) who many provided him GFE (Girlfriend Experience), and I dont know how that will go with girls when they find out that he has been with a "Service Provider" before. Will many break up with him just over having done that in the past under hard situations, or will girls tend to overlook if he came out with it a year down the road after being with the girl?

Comment

Stop. Just stop.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            Good English in Hawaii Threads?? Good Luck !! I'm fairly certain there are several folks here who simply cannot claim full literacy in ANY language.

As for the question of honor, 1/2 of American's have abandoned the idea. To some people, following through on pledges or promises that you make to others just does not matter enough anymore.

And that is why the name Watada is heroic to some Americans.
            wooo, you gotta lay off the hateraid buddy :-P

Anyway EWatada, if you come to Hawaii to study, it will be difficult to learn proper English other than maybe in the classroom. Hardly anyone here makes the effort to speak English well. Well maybe in business but not under most social settings. You'll sound local though.

My sister in law is from Japan, we're throwing her a yakudoshi party this evening. She is also having a tough time with English. I'm sure she'll get better over time though.

Wow! How could he make reputation of Japanese peoples look like coward even to American! I feel ashamed to be Watada in USA and people will say you know Ehren, coward? I dont want this. I feel ashamed for him myself. I like to say sorry to Americans on behalf of Japanese peoples that we have such a coward of our peoples here. We are very sorry. How he is going to live whole life with sense of shame, and dishonour to himself too. I can not believe a Japanese person can even life with himself after being cowardice action. Sorry, I cannot read all this English well. Maybe I judge too quick, being (namaiki), but I want to tell you I am not related with Ehren, and don't even know who he is until you show me the link to him.
            yes, I agree with you here. I think he will have a tough time for the rest of his life as a polarizing figure. (meaning people will either like or dislike him when he meets them)

Comment

Hey and welcome.. and yeah like people already said.. its a fat chance that youll learn good english here.. lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by softbaby View Post
                But I am truly concerned what one can do about getting a girl for Shaun?
                Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Stop. Just stop.
                I have to agree with Scrivener here. You may want to consider starting a separate thread with this question, but for the sake of Watada-san's education, let's please not follow that path here.
                Originally posted by *pinao* View Post
                yeah like people already said.. its a fat chance that youll learn good english here.
                I beg to differ; there are a number of truly eloquent posters on HT. The danger comes in the fact that many people are less cautious in their spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc., when posting to internet discussions. But Watada-san (whose English is already quite strong, for a non-native speaker) may learn a lot about colloquial usage by frequenting said groups.
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 26, 2006, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Re: I want to improve my English skills

Hi ewatada,

I think it's great that you've made these resolutions. As a former ESL teacher, I've seen a lot of motivated kids come a long way to speaking and writing conversational English.

The best method of getting to fluency is through immersion. I might be hard to do in Japan, so once you get to Hawaii you'll need to surround yourself with as much English as possible, from conversations to movies and TV to books and magazines to, well, everything. It will be overwhelming and frustrating at first, but if you keep flooding your mind with the English language, eventually it will catch up. Don't fall back on hanging out with ONLY other Japanese speakers, because you'll end up speaking Japanese for comfort and security, and learning English will take much, much longer than if you were to immerse yourself in English.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X