KHON2 Website Movie Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON2 Website Movie Problems

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the videos on KHON2's website? Windows Media Player loads fine but then it keeps switching back-and-forth from "Connecting to media..." to "Opening media..." and never plays. I have no trouble viewing any videos on any other website using Windows Media Player or any other player for that matter. I was just curious if it's my machine or the website since I'm running Windows Vista RC1 and Windows Media Player 11. Thanks!

-Arturo

Re: KHON2 Website Movie Problems

Actually, I did experience what you describe when playing the current homepage video segment about holiday shopping by Gina Mangieri. It eventually buffered completely and played after about 40 seconds of “switching back-and-forth,” so you may want to give it some time.

On the other hand, when I played an archived clip, it buffered almost instantaneously, which leads me to believe that the older stories may be stored on a separate server. This would make sense, since the newest reporter “package” would be the one most widely viewed by internet surfers.

Then again, it could just be dumb luck.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: KHON2 Website Movie Problems

OK, I will wait longer and see what happens. Thanks!

-Arturo

Comment

Working...
      X