Apocalypto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocalypto

This new Mel Gibson film is generating a lot of positive critical buzz despite the issues surrounding his personal behavior and the violent nature of the movie. Does anyone plan to see this when it comes out? I'm very interested in this movie for a number of reasons. I didn't see Passion of the Christ, but I think I will go see this one. NY Times article.

Re: Apocalypto

I plan on seeing it with someone else. I just don't know when we will see it. I saw the previews this past weekend and I sort of notice that the previews did not have any dialouge to it. So I don't know if the actual movie will be subtitled, or people will be speaking English or no one is talking at all.

Comment

Subtitled. I believe all the dialogue is in Mayan.

Comment

Making my second trip to the Yucatan in Spring of 2007. Half the trip we will be "in country" exploring the archeology of the Mayans. The second half will be chilling on the beach with mojitos and conch fritters.

I will take my older daughter to see this with me. She is ready for this. She might look at the ceremonial headress I got her the first time I visited a little differently. Which is a good thing.
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
          Making my second trip to the Yucatan in Spring of 2007. Half the trip we will be "in country" exploring the archeology of the Mayans. The second half will be chilling on the beach with mojitos and conch fritters.

I will take my older daughter to see this with me. She is ready for this. She might look at the ceremonial headress I got her the first time I visited a little differently. Which is a good thing.
          Will you be staying strictly in Mexico or venture into Belize and Guatemala? I first visited Tikal when I was fifteen. It made a lasting impression.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
            Will you be staying strictly in Mexico or venture into Belize and Guatemala? I first visited Tikal when I was fifteen. It made a lasting impression.
            This time Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza, and Ek Balam. Want to take it easy on the girls. Four days should cover it.

Belize and Guatemala is phase II.

Peru with all that wonderful ceviche and Machu Piccu sometime before I die.

I became fascinated in that part of the world and its culture when I first saw the old western "Vera Cruz" with the scene of the procession passing by the Aztec city of Teotihuacán. One day when I muster enough courage to brave smog at 5000 feet, I will travel to Mexico City and make a trip to the place that started it all in my head.

Viva La Raza!!!!
            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I really want to see the movie.. because I love the whole Mayan culture.. wrote a paper about it once..
              plus I got some taino in me (Puerto Rican native indians.. the same culture sort of like Mayans and all those other latin american natives)

besides.. the scenery looks amazing..

so yeah Im definitely planning on seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                This time Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza, and Ek Balam.
                Along the coast between Cancun and Tulum there's this underground river attraction called Xcaret that is worth a look. You can swim or float through the cave for quite a distance.
                http://www.xcaret.com/xcaret-virtual-tour.php
                Last edited by sinjin; December 12, 2006, 06:42 AM.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                X