Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyBlogLog is my new most favorite thing. Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MyBlogLog is my new most favorite thing. Ever.

WOW! I go check um out!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Always a sucker, I guess. I've never gotten a bit of good from Ryze or Friendster or Global Pau Hana or any of the other ones, but I signed up for this one too (as Linkmeister).
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

WOW! I go check um out!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

What am I doing wrong?

URL Display Name:* Invalid Format
        Letters numbers dashes and underscores only
        http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/community//
        Blog/Site URL:* This blog/site already exists, the author is auntiepupule.
        http://

I need help.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Lei Liko, based on those instructions, it seems like you can put that code anywhere in your page. Provided you can edit the template behind your site or blog, regardless of platform, you should be able to just drop it in there. There are HTML, TITLE, BODY, and other tags in all basic HTML documents.

It looks like there are system/platform specific instructions as well.
          I checked the LJ support page and they don't allow Javascript because of the whole security issue and even if there were a way to edit something, I wouldn't even know how. Posting the script provided by MyBlogLog won't be able to track anything, I'm afraid. I know SiteMeter has non-Java scripts that we're able to add...I take it MyBlogLog doesn't have that option?
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
            RAD!!! man that was the coolest time ever. it seemed like all of a sudden everyone in hawaii between the ages of 21 and 35 knew each other, lol.
            And, all the 14+/- year old kids who POSE as 21 are in the mix, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              What am I doing wrong?
              Hmm. Well, your user account seems to be up and running, but you need to add your blog to your profile. The Blog/Site Name would be "Lynn's Lair II," the URL Display Name can be whatever you want ("pupule"?), the Blog/Site URL would be http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/... and I'd guess "Adult Content" would be a "Yes."
              Always a sucker, I guess. I've never gotten a bit of good from Ryze or Friendster or Global Pau Hana or any of the other ones, but I signed up for this one too (as Linkmeister).
              And I've happily declared myself a friend already!

True, the returns from all these sites are pretty nebulous. What makes MyBlogLog slightly more promising is that the "social network" part isn't the only thing to it. In addition to friending people and checking out their profiles, it is (as Christa summarized best above) a decent way to find new sites to read based on common interests, and to build a community with readers of a specific site (beyond just familiar names in blog post comments).

And, of course, there's the tools directed at blog publishers specifically -- ways to get stats on your readers, show off your site's community, or even get fancy hover-link effects so visitors can see which of your site's links are the most popular among other readers. I've added the stat code to my blog (or should I link my blog?), just out of curiosity... though surely the numbers will be dismal!

Comment

You know what's puzzling, though, is that I don't see any way to add multi-author sites to one's own page. I tried to add HawaiiThreads and was told you owned it and I couldn't use it.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Huh. I was just wrestling with that for the HawaiiStories entry, since several people can post to it. Haven't figured it out. Oop. Wait. There's an "Add co-author" link, now, for me at least. I'll try and add Christa.

Don't know how this would work for HawaiiThreads, though, since there could be thousands of "authors." Of course, you can add HawaiiThreads.com to your profile by simply joining the community. Which I encourage y'all to do!

Comment

What they mean by this?

URL Display Name:* Required
                    Please enter a display name for your site's community here. Note: This is a new requirement on MyBlogLog.

It's still not taking?

Where do I put dis?

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://track3.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006120719423569'></script>

Neva mind...too hard. I'll wait till Adrain can come ova to help me. (CRY)
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 7, 2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

aunty just put the name of your blog there don't worry about that code either, it's something to add to your own blog IF you want to track the stats from this new strange seemingly-complicated site...

try again! trust me, it's actually fantastic. the more i crawl around the deeper in love i'm becoming......
                      life is ok sometimes

Comment

But I like my page look pretty like Ryans! No moa any of my Blogs. No moa HT, Wala'au and HawaiiStories.com!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I tried it, kinda unimpressed. Especially since most of the cool features expire in three days.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                            I tried it, kinda unimpressed. Especially since most of the cool features expire in three days.
                            Eh, Java doesn't work on my blog anyway so it doesn't really affect me.

And yes, I'm still bitter.

Oh well.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I forgot how to take a screen shot...den I got the rest!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

it didn't take one for you?

hmmm.... ctrl+alt+print screen then paste it to paint then save as .jpg.

i mean, it's not the easiest way but it's how i do it.

YAY AUNTIE IS ON NOW!
                                life is ok sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X