Is it freaking windy enough for ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it freaking windy enough for ya?

As I left work, I saw a bus stop shelter had blown over and lay on its 'back'. Theres a tiny whirlwind outside scooping up all my recyclable cans and tearing the roof off the house.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: Is it freaking windy enough for ya?

I have a heavy sedan and it was doing the hula down the H-1. Scary stuff.

Comment

The drive up and over the Koolaus on the Pali was tough tonight. I was at the Nuuanu Pali lookout yesterday and the winds were downright fierce up there.

Comment

Staying in Kailua....

Now I know why they call it the Windward side...yikes ! Makes me think of that old song by the Association..."Everyone knows it's WIN DEE"
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I have a heavy sedan and it was doing the hula down the H-1. Scary stuff.
          Same here. I thought it was my car when I saw other cars in front of me doing the same thing.

I hate to be a compact car right now.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

maybe it was an aftershock. I felt one yesterday here in Keaau.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

One good thing about the wind...

I was weedwacking the sidewalk in front of our shop. The weeds were a couple feet tall and needed a trim bad. By the time I had finished the 100' sidewalk, the wind had blown all the clippings away. So...no sweeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
                One good thing about the wind...

I was weedwacking the sidewalk in front of our shop. The weeds were a couple feet tall and needed a trim bad. By the time I had finished the 100' sidewalk, the wind had blown all the clippings away. So...no sweeping!
                LOL. But where did the weeds go?
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

When it's windy like this, birds look funny trying to fly. so are the feral chickens who can't walk in a straight path.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I noticed a flock of egrets near the sidewalk fronting Kalani High School as I was driving along Kalanianaole yesterday. I couldn't figure out if they were blown there or couldn't get airborne to get away from there!

Comment

At least we had something in common, Hawai`i & the PNW. I'm assuming you heard about the windstorm we got hit with Thursday night/Friday morning? 69 mph gust recorded at SeaTac Airport (highest on record); 90 mph gust at Westport (on the WA coast); many trees down, power outages to 1.5 million residents throughout the area. 80 percent of Bellevue (across Lake Washington from Seattle) in the dark originally - over 500,000 people still without power over there yet today (including my sister.)

We sustained no real damage at our home near Seattle Center - lost some roof tiles, a few tree branches, some Christmas lights - a few flickers, but power stayed on all night. No winds or rain since then, but temperatures near freezing last night, below freezing tonight - not so good for those still without power.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        At least we had something in common, Hawai`i & the PNW. I'm assuming you heard about the windstorm we got hit with Thursday night/Friday morning? 69 mph gust recorded at SeaTac Airport (highest on record); 90 mph gust at Westport (on the WA coast); many trees down, power outages to 1.5 million residents throughout the area. 80 percent of Bellevue (across Lake Washington from Seattle) in the dark originally - over 500,000 people still without power over there yet today (including my sister.)

We sustained no real damage at our home near Seattle Center - lost some roof tiles, a few tree branches, some Christmas lights - a few flickers, but power stayed on all night. No winds or rain since then, but temperatures near freezing last night, below freezing tonight - not so good for those still without power.
                        We didn't lose power either, although the power did go out on the other side of the main arterial (was out even as late as 5 p.m. last night) that runs through our neighborhood. The fortunate thing about living in "congested" areas like you and I live in, Leo, is if the power should go out, we get our service restored before people who might live further north, south and east of us. There was lots of pilikia for people in areas with no power because the gas pumps weren't working either so people were driving miles to get gas (duh...wasting gas to get more gas? ). I imagine the shopping malls are going to be a mess today...all those extra sales that merchants were hoping would help make up for last week...hopefully for people who still don't have power, they can get to a shopping mall to at least warm up (assuming the malls have power, that is...Friday, Northgate Mall area had a power failure for about 4 hours). I've got a 40 ft (or so) cedar tree right next to the master bedroom window, but it didn't lose any branches at all because we had an arborist trim it and examine it a few months ago so it's very very healthy and not likely to topple over anytime soon.

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; December 16, 2006, 09:54 AM.
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X