Outrageous prices of gas
    Cashiers at one of my local Dunkin Donuts cannot count back change
    My local favorite Japanese restaurant went out of business
    Slow play (golf)

what's yours??
    Lovena

Re: My 2006 rants....

Mine?
    1. Cronyism in our state government and the long standing job it cost a friend of mine.
    2. Absentee fathers

Comment

Here are mine:
      • Ridiculous coverage of celebrities' love lives, marriages, and breakups.
      • Annoying trend of combining celebrities' names to form new catch-phrases.
      • Certain NFL games available only on channels unavailable to most viewers.
      • No Cingular 3G (HSDPA) cell-phone network coverage in Hawaii.
      • Mayor Hanneman singing whenever someone puts a microphone in front of him.
      • Beautiful women on HT mentioning husbands and boyfriends whenever they get the chance, thus ruining any illusions I might be having about our futures together.
      • Arrested Development canceled despite being the best show on TV for three years.
      • People who think Family Guy is funnier and cleverer than King of the Hill.
      • Any sentence that ends with "brings to the table."
      • Any of Emeril Lagasse's catch-phrases being uttered by anyone other than Emeril Lagasse.
      • The continued overexposure of Rachael Ray.
      • The suckage of the Oakland Raiders.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I got some:

-Going full time at a job I like with hours that suck violently.
        -That fricking smoking ban.
        -Breaking my back trying to break into my own house, when I had my keys on me.
        -My mom getting sick.
        -The insipid "So you had a bad day" song.
        -Getting jacked for $100 bucks for a piece of sh*t Samsung phone.
        -Not even starting the novel I told myself I'd finish this year.
        -I also lament the suckage of the Raiders.
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

1. Losing my free-lance writing gig.
          2. Picking up another gig that should pay more than it does!
          3. Not being able to help get another car and getting my husband off the bus!
          4. Not getting enough surfing time in, even though I keep a board at work and am across the street from the beach!
          5. Not getting enough sleep.
          6. Working for a guy who takes credit for my accomplishments.

I am actually grateful for a lot of things, on this my birthday, and my family, my home, my health and my job are a few of them.
          Last edited by lavagal; December 12, 2006, 06:14 PM.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Happy birthday, Lavagal!
            You just HAD to go and mention your husband, didn't you? Did you not read my list?!
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Happy birthday, Lavagal!
              You just HAD to go and mention your husband, didn't you? Did you not read my list?!
              Sorry, Scriv! I thought you were being more abstract!!!!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

1. Having yet another beloved dog who won't live as long as I wished she would....

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
                heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
                a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my
                heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they
                are." (Cheryl Zuccaro)

Comment

Lavagal (and you know I know your real name)! Happy Birthday! Go surf Seconds. Before the winds pick up, cuz there's a southie creeping.
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

• 40 days and nights of rain in April (IIRC) - no mangoes!
                    • Earthquakes (though as Puai mentioned, there are some spiritual points to consider)
                    • Homelessness
                    • Losing my dad
                    • Losing my TV remote (a constant battle with the bed and sofa)
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      • Losing my TV remote (a constant battle with the bed and sofa)
                      Put a piece of velcro on the back and a piece on the wall. Never lose again!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

This is a funny thread

1) The suckage of my beloved Oakland Raiders.
                        2) Homelessness that is exacerbated by the very people who claim to be most sympathetic to the cause.
                        3) New roads peppered with STOP lights instead of overpasses, and the environmental tragedy that this represents.
                        4) Watching law & order break down slowly in the US and abroad, while many people promote the steady decline of civility.
                        5) Seeing the aina bulldozed flat to create more subdivisions, while tall buildings are villified for "blocking the view". (Another environmental tragedy)
                        6) Seeing the anger rise in people's faces when you "logic" them into a corner, instead of watching them change their minds to incorporate new, smart, world views, that jive logically with their belief systems.
                        7) Listening to people bad mouth the DOE, while their brat run's roughshod through my daughter's classroom, with a teacher who has her hands tied behind her back because of 35 years of sympathetic mealy-mouths eroding discipline in the schools.
                        8) "Environmentalists" who say they love to recycle but would protest an Aluminum Smelter anywhere on Hawaii Island.
                        9) Vegetarians who constantly remind those around them of their eating habits.
                        10) Cognitive Dissonance, as practiced by nearly 1/2 of Americans.

I just noticed that 3 out of 10 of my reasons are based on the environment. I truly love the ocean and the land.

I could think of a couple more, like the number of invasive plant species that constantly need weed whacking, or the lack of a quality Hollandaise sauce at ANY restaurant in the State for my Eggs Benedict. But I will stop here.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                        X