Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 30 scariest movie ever...

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    As for movies: The original version of "The Haunting" (1960's) was memorable. You never see the evil spirit but just hear its effects.
    I have had the pleasure of watching it twice on tv in the last couple of months. My kids kept waiting for the spooky stuff to happen. They also laughed at how everyone dressed up for breakfast. Also, while the movie portrayed the PhD as venerable and wise, he came off as pretentious to us.

When it comes to old spooky movies, all I find myself coveting is their libraries. I want one in my house.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Exorcist...I'm still regular because of it (scared the crap outta me)
      Example #327 of my high-school "behavior":

"The Exorcist" was showing at a local theatre one March --- same time as McD's had their annual "shamrock shake" special - the green ones, remember?

(Do you see where this is going?)

Friends and I would buy aforementioned shakes, then drive to the parking lot in front of the theatre, just as the film was letting out. Fill mouths with green shake product, lean out car windows towards departing movie-goers, open our mouths...

(...only effective if you've seen the film, of course...)

Comment

AFI's list put Psycho at the top, and I'd probably have to agree. The Exorcist (#3 on the AFI list) was frightening, but Psycho was more disturbing.

AFI's list can be found here.

Comment

I'm not sure that this one is really a "scary" movie but one scene completely freaks me out.

In "The Vanishing" with Keifer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges, when Keifer wakes up in the dark and realizes he's been nailed shut into a pine box coffin and is being buried alive...man that just gives me the heebeejeebees big time...Ugh...I'm getting chicken skin just thinkin about it.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            I'm not sure that this one is really a "scary" movie but one scene completely freaks me out.

In "The Vanishing" with Keifer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges, when Keifer wakes up in the dark and realizes he's been nailed shut into a pine box coffin and is being buried alive...man that just gives me the heebeejeebees big time...Ugh...I'm getting chicken skin just thinkin about it.
            AHH I loved that movie. Didn't get much play. It was filmed in Washington and Oregon. Still gives me chills to watch it.

Just watched Pulse and Lady in the Water tonight.

Pulse...hmmm...so so

Lady in the Water. Not really scary but M. Knight Shamylan. Never disappoints me. I know many people don't like his work but I do.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

IT.

I know that it's not on the list because it wasn't released in theatres, but that movie is still psychologically disturbing to me because I am terrified of clowns.

As for the Blair Witch Project, that movie made me want to hurl, if anything.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Man, I LOVE the old scary movies. You know, the ones that were made before Hollywood thought gore is what's scary.

Pschological horror movies, like House On Haunted Hill, Black Sabbath, Trilogy Of Terror, now THOSE were true scary movies. Japanese filmakers still use this formula, which is why we're getting movies like The Ring and The Grudge. The formula still works....without gore.

So yes, The Exorcist is definitely my favorite horror movie. Sure, there was a tad bit of gore in it, but mostly it created visuals in your head that kept you up at night, weeks after seeing the movie. That's true psychological horror.

Was Gremlins really that scary ?? I only remember wanting Phoebe Cates to get naked throughout the entire movie, so I missed any potential scary parts.

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                  Was Gremlins really that scary ?? I only remember wanting Phoebe Cates to get naked throughout the entire movie, so I missed any potential scary parts.

LOL....I must say, I can never think of anything else but that pool scene from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when I hear "Moving in Stereo" by the Cars. Phoebe Cates was a major babe.
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

The classic Vincent Price...Wax Museum...I remember watching that at like 8 and I was so scared when he poured the wax over the live models! The classics are always the best ....
                    And the old Boris Karloff movies,

Comment

Interesting how many people base their judgement on childhood memories Is the genre dead, totally exhausted? Sigh. Gremlins? Haha.

Comment

"It"

"beep beep richie"

Comment

IT? Only if you have a fear of clowns....I liked It though...

Comment

Not really. While Snakes on a Plane was a horrible movie, it is still in the horror movie genre. And I think a couple of others horror movies were released in 2006, with some planned for 2007.

Comment

"28 Days Later" Love zombie movies. Reflection of society.

Comment

Working...
                              X