Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching story

Bust out the tissues. Link

The story is good. A much deeper story then you usually find in a newspaper.
    Last edited by GeckoGeek; December 16, 2006, 10:59 PM.

Ugh!

Sheesh. What a mess. I wasn't able to delete my post, so I tried to edit it to make it a different post - only I wasn't able to change the thread title - only the post title.

Sigh. Live and learn.

Comment

Re: Oh wow, I'm rich!

I don't know why you would want to delete that.

It made my eyes all wet, and I haven't even finished it yet.

Mahalo, GeckoGeek.

ETA: Oh, now I get it. I somehow didn't notice the thread title until after I posted. Well, don't worry about it, anyway! It's a really nice article, even if the thread name doesn't match. Thanks again for the post.
      Last edited by MadAzza; December 16, 2006, 11:50 PM. Reason: Oops, just noticed thread title

Comment

Re: Touching story

I changed the title, assuming Touching story was the one you wanted.

Comment

Thanks Helen!

Thanks, Azza. I was hoping you'd see it as I thought you'd appreciate it at a professional level as well.

Comment

Ooooh myyyyy gaaaawd...I'm a mess after reading that story. It's beautifully touching and incredibly sad.

Comment

What a story. The passenger comments by seat number were unexpected, and a telling chorus. And I didn't expect to see "chicken skin," as mentioned by Rick Lopez. I wonder if he's one of ours? (PCHS Class of '83?) He also had among the most powerful quotes: "Sometimes I wish they would do this for us when we come home alive."

Thanks for sharing, GeckoGeek.

Comment

Yeah, that got me. What a world we live in.

Yesterday I got to thank a few servicemen and their families as they visited the museum. They truly don't hear it enough.
                Even when they return home alive they've sacrificed so very much.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

As a Navy vet..... this really does touch my heart and every other time that anyone is killed in this Bush war.

A fellow sailor friend of mine was killed in the 9/11 pentagon attack and I was working not too far from the Pentagon .... I will never forget that day.

May God help us all!!!!
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you.

God Bless ALL OUR SOLDIERS - past, present and future!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                    X