Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know what's happened to anytimegrinds.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know what's happened to anytimegrinds.com?

haven't been able to log on or get the site for the past few days...

Re: anyone know what's happened to anytimegrinds.com?

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
    haven't been able to log on or get the site for the past few days...
    Dey ran outta 'TIME'...dey neva pay their bill.

Nah, nah. I just joking.

I dunno.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The domain is paid through June 2010, so that can't be it.

Anytimegrinds.com only recently got acquired by the "Room Service in Paradise" guys. That site is still running.

Paging Kyle Matsuyama!

Comment

**anyone???**

Comment

http://workspace.anytimegrinds.com/default.asp

does that work for ya? or is that not what you're talkin about?

Comment

That works, but it isn't really the "front door." The home page tells us, "No web site is configured at this address." The "workspace" subdomain seems more like an administrative or content management gateway. Though through it you can get to the content, including the forum.

Hawaiiguy, did you contact Kyle?

Comment

Hi Everyone,

It was funny, because I just happened to come across this thread while searching the web, and was very surprised and flattered to know that you guys cared about anytimegrinds.com. Anyways, to answer your question, anytimegrinds.com has been taken offline, due to the rising cost of hosting the website.

Over the lifetime of anytimegrinds.com, we relied on the restaurants as a source of income, by providing them an avenue to market and advertise their restaurants. But there was a problem, because not many restaurants owners were tech-savy and familiar with advertising on the web, and they couldn't necessarily see the results from advertising on our site, vs. the "Dining Out" in the Honolulu Advertiser. Therefore getting them to pay us a monthly fee was very difficult, even though it may only be $19/month.

That is the reason, we started our own delivery service, with a full marketing package of the Oceanic Food Court (being able to order from the TV), online ordering (from anytimegrinds.com), and actually getting their food delivered which included being in our mail-out menus. Although our delivery service was taking off, and showed promise in its first year, a lot of things contributed to selling the "delivery service" to Room Service in Paradise, one of the main reasons being quality of life. Let me make one thing clear though, the website anytimegrinds.com was NOT sold to RSIP. We still own the website.

Anyways, with our selling of the delivery service, lack of income from the restaurants from anytimegrinds.com, and $100/month hosting fee, it was definitely not worth it financially to keep the site up and running, although we tried our best after selling the delivery service(in April) to keep the site up for our frequent users (like you guys). I wanted to try to figure out a way to keep the site up, either by finding some source of funding or selling the website to another company, but just haven't found the time to get around to it. If you guys have any ideas, please let me know, I am all ears.

Thanks for your support through the years.

Sincerely,
              Kyle Matsuyama

Comment

Originally posted by kylemats View Post
                Let me make one thing clear though, the website anytimegrinds.com was NOT sold to RSIP. We still own the website.

Anyways, with our selling of the delivery service, lack of income from the restaurants from anytimegrinds.com, and $100/month hosting fee, it was definitely not worth it financially to keep the site up and running, although we tried our best after selling the delivery service(in April) to keep the site up for our frequent users (like you guys). I wanted to try to figure out a way to keep the site up, either by finding some source of funding or selling the website to another company, but just haven't found the time to get around to it. If you guys have any ideas, please let me know, I am all ears.
                Kyle,

That is quite honestly tragic to hear, as far as the anytimegrinds.com website is concerned.

Why was it costing you $100/month for hosting? Were you burning through that much bandwidth per month? Were you using shared hosting, or was the site running on a dedicated server in a CoLo?

If it was the former, may I suggest that you try and revive the site using a site like Dreamhost, which I've been using for the past year and a half--with no problems--to host a heavily hammered PHP/Perl/MySQL based database system I developed for State of Hawaii Dept. of Education. And I only pay $9/month for my plan, which includes 200 gigabytes of diskspace and 2 Terabytes of data transfer per month.

Dreamhost is the hosting provider I recommend for people who have a need for big bandwidth and diskspace, yet don't require "mission critical" server uptime and instantaneous techsupport. You simply cant beat them for the price. For mission critical hosting, I wholeheartedly recommend FutureQuest, which is slightly more expensive, but in my 13 years of bouncing to and from hosting providers, they are absolutely the best provider I've ever used. Been using them for 8 years now with zero complaints.

anytimegrinds provided such a wonderful service that has yet to be duplicated anywhere. Having restaurant menus available for download alone was awesome, and NOBODY does that for whatever reason. It would be shame to have the incredible resource you built remain unavailable simply because of web hosting costs.

I for one would pay a monthly donation just to see the website remain online, regardless of whether you intend to try to make the site a business venture or not. Perhaps if you added a Paypal donation link or something to the site, and offer cheap "premium" memberships to people if they want to download menus, post on the forum, etc. Rebuild the site from the perspective of building a "community" first (much like Hawaiithreads) instead of "how can I make money from this".

Just a thought.

Thanks for your all hard work.

Comment

Working...
                X