Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will Wile E. Coyote do when he finally catches Roadrunner?

Question What will Wile E. Coyote do when he finally catches Roadrunner?

I posted this on other forums, but I really want to know what will happen...

Mr. Coyote's wasted a grip of time, effort, and money (especially on all that Acme products) tryna catch that purple bird. With all that physical and mental torment he's gone through, I'm sure the Coyote would wanna punish Roadie a little before he eats'em.

Remember when he tried to push the anvil off the cliff to drop it on the roadrunner, but the cliff collapsed under the weight of the anvil, sending Wile E. into a freefall? Poor fella...

Discuss.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Default Re: What will Wile E. Coyote do when he finally catches Roadrunner?

In one episode he did manage to hold on to the Roadrunner but he was very small and couldn't do a thing other than holding up a sign saying to the effect "What do I do now?".

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    In one episode he did manage to hold on to the Roadrunner but he was very small and couldn't do a thing other than holding up a sign saying to the effect "What do I do now?".
    Damn, and I thought I saw every episode.

Was it in "Tiny Toons" where Wile E. sued Acme for defective products?

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Damn, and I thought I saw every episode.
    He gets small by running inside of pipes that gradually get smaller

Was it in "Tiny Toons" where Wile E. sued Acme for defective products?
    I can't remember, it might be a movie or it might be the one after "Tiny Toons", Animaniacs.

During the late '60's, I saw a "Crazy Shirts" type of tee-shirt with Wile E. choking the Road Runner and the caption "BEEP-BEEP YURASS." Score one for the coyote!

Roadrunner adobo sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by cezanne View Post
    Roadrunner adobo sounds good.
    Nah. BBQ da BXXXArd! He caused you too many years of PAIN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Have you people been eatin' the "special" brownies again today?

He'll probably ask to borrow cabfare to nanakuli becuase he forgot his diabetes medicine at home.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

My favorite is the one where Wile affects an erudite British accent and details the many different ways to prepare a fine RR meal. Character development, man! I see Wile pulling off a Hannibal Lechter type of retribution on the bird.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Give him the bill for all of the products he paid for to catch him throughout the cartoon?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I posted this on other forums, but I really want to know what will happen...

Mr. Coyote's wasted a grip of time, effort, and money (especially on all that Acme products) tryna catch that purple bird. With all that physical and mental torment he's gone through, I'm sure the Coyote would wanna punish Roadie a little before he eats'em.

Discuss.

I think that in the end poor Mr. Coyote will find that he wasted a lot of years on a bird that by now has to be pretty tough and stringy and OLD. RR would probably only be good for stew at this point...lots of cooking to get that tough old meat edible...

Wink Re: What will Wile E. Coyote do when he finally catches Roadrunner?

Probably after all these years of fighting and learning to live somewhat together.
    They'll have grown so accustomed to eachother, that they'll have a great laugh then never talk again at the breakfast table.
    You know, like an old married couple. HaHa!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Knowning those two they will be communicating with each other by holding up signs.

Scene at the breakfast table:

Coyote holds up a sign that says Pass the salt
    Roadrunner then holds up a sign that says I put enough salt on the eggs, cann't you taste it?
    Coyote then holds up a sign that says I lost sense of taste after getting hit on the head too many times from those Acme anvils.

At the days end they both just punchout their timecards then have a beer. Its all acting silly people!

Quote Originally Posted by cezanne View Post
    At the days end they both just punchout their timecards then have a beer. Its all acting silly people!
    wasn't that what Mr. Coyote and the sheepdog (I think his name was Ralph) did? I remember Coyote trying to eat sheep, and the dog would coolly foil all of his schemes, then they'd punch out and be like, "same time tomorrow?"

flickr

I think Ralph was the Coyote and Sam was the Sheepdog. One cartoon even had a second shift of the coyote/sheepdog. I guess the bummer part was that the sheep did their jobs 24/7.

Knowning those two they will be communicating with each other by holding up signs.

Scene at the breakfast table:

Coyote holds up a sign that says Pass the salt
    Roadrunner then holds up a sign that says I put enough salt on the eggs, cann't you taste it?
    Coyote then holds up a sign that says I lost sense of taste after getting hit on the head too many times from those Acme anvils.
    That is brilliant - thanks for the Christmas laugh, Helen.

"Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Is that an original cell, modpirate?

It's an original Chuck Jones sketch circa 1977. I just grabbed it off Cartoon Brew.
    "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Quote Originally Posted by modpirate View Post
    It's an original Chuck Jones sketch circa 1977. I just grabbed it off Cartoon Brew.
    Oh cool! I hadn't taken a look at Cartoon Brew in months 'til you linked it above. Thanks for that, btw! If ya scroll down to Dec. 20 in that link...then further down to "Posted by AMID at 04:13 AM" (Jeez, doesn't that guy sleep?!)...ummm...my maiden name is Monahan!

And while I'm in PPM (Pop Promotion Mode!) he's also mentioned in this Cartoon Brew entry. Scroll down to May 29!
    </PPM> <g>

Saw an episode of The Loony Tunes Show today on the Cartoon Network. There was a short Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner segment. In it the Coyote suspendeds a wire between two cliffs over a road with free bird seed in the middle of the road. Each attempt has him travelling on the wire to get after the Road Runner while the Road Runner is eating the bird seed.

On the second attempt the Coyote does manage to use a pole with a hook on one end and grabs on to the Road Runner's neck. The Road Runner starts to run away dragging the Coyote along with him but since the Coyote is still connected to the wire the two of them can go so far on the road. After a second or two the Coyote loses his grip on the pole, the Road Runner continues on his way while the Coyote flys in the opposite direction hitting a billboard.

Saw an episode of The Loony Tunes Show today on the Cartoon Network. There was a short Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner segment. In it the Coyote suspendeds a wire between two cliffs over a road with free bird seed in the middle of the road. Each attempt has him travelling on the wire to get after the Road Runner while the Road Runner is eating the bird seed.

On the second attempt the Coyote does manage to use a pole with a hook on one end and grabs on to the Road Runner's neck. The Road Runner starts to run away dragging the Coyote along with him but since the Coyote is still connected to the wire the two of them can go so far on the road. After a second or two the Coyote loses his grip on the pole, the Road Runner continues on his way while the Coyote flys in the opposite direction hitting a billboard.
    The moral of this story is: you can maybe catch 'em, but can you keep 'em?

Thanks Helen!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

A recent episode on The Loony Tunes Show (the one with Daffy getting a beak job and Bugs working at Porky's office) has the Coyote putting bird seed in the middle of bridge that spans a canyon. This bridge also has a single support pillar at the center.

The Road Runner zips onto the bridge sees the bird seed, stops and starts eating it. While this is happening the Coyote springs his trap by blowing up both ends of the bridge with TNT, trapping the Road Runner as well as him on the bridge. Since the support pillar is at the center the bridge does not fall down.

As the Coyote tries to get closer to the Road Runner, his movement causes what's left of the bridge structure to act like a big see-saw. The rest of the episode has the both of them moving around while the bridge moves due to shifting in weight.

At one point the Road Runner actually jumps and lands in the arms of the Coyote and for the brief second or two the Coyote is panicing because now their weight is causing the bridge to point down and he runs toward the center of the bridge.

I can't remember how the Road Runner gets away from the Coyote but he does and sort of manages to escape the bridge when the motion of the bridge causes each of the them to be lifted kind of high up in the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast