Whose remote vehicle is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whose remote vehicle is the best?

I worked for 104.3 as an intern briefly and had to ride in that big ugly box with the flashing lights all the time. I hated every moment of it and every time I see one of them on the road I shudder.
    When I was working at KTUH my idea was for KTUH to get an old lunchwagon and build a fold-out sound system so that we could roll up on the other station vehicles, prop open the awning, drop some records on the turntables and give people a real show with a real DJ instead of having some lame promotions director pandering to an apathetic audience.
    Now that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      That is part of a radio group? I thought it was a "mobile billboard" (seeing that Hawaii has a law against billboards).
      Yes. They're advertising it on 107.9 FM, a Salem station. I'm sure its being promoted on their other stations too.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        I want pictures!!!
        Next time you're in the Dole Cannery area - oh say to go to Costco or watch a movie - you can usually get a glimpse of one of Clear Channel's top 3 station's vehicles.

Hot 93.9FM's ride looks like a pimped out Navigator or Escalade (not sure on the exact model). Simple logo graphics with dark blue paint, dark tint and billet rims the size of the moon. Definately a ride that says, "I've got mega-watt subwoofers in my trunk". lol

KSSK's Perry and Price has a Ford cargo van with a loud, yet tasteful screen decal job of their photos on the side van panels, with big KSSK logo and pictures of cash wrapped around the front. Definately a fitting design.

Island Rhythm's 98.5FM used to have a classic V-Dub Bus. I think it was red with what looked like hand-painted logos. As Slick Vic mentioned, now they've upgraded to a late model Honda van, this time with professional looking screen-wrapped graphic treatment.

I never seen KTUH's vehicle (do they have one?), but this is what I'd imagine it'd look like:
        A pimped out moped with 2 super-tall fluorescent green safety flags on the back. An agonizingly-loud muffler to make it sound "fast". Also one of them rubber squeeze horns to grab extra attention - and make it extra "cool". Tunes would be blasted up and down University Ave. through the driver's iPod, connected to an amp that powers two Bazooka Subwoofers attached above the back saddle area (looking like rocket boosters), and midrange~tweeters mounted on the front fairing. A rich, dark candy apple green paint job would finish that "UH look". The driver wears an open-face helmet with built-in mic head set (for doing live remotes through cellphone), cool shades and their face painted like Vili the Warrior.
        Whoah da' cherry! Nah, I kid.. it's all in fun. I love KTUH's station, diggin' on the alternative tunes.

Speaking of company rides, those GEEK SQUAD Beetles (Best Buy) are quite memorable and effective - especially with reinforcement from their national TV ad campaign. Looks exactly how a Geek's "squad car" should look.
        Last edited by Pomai; August 25, 2005, 06:11 AM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
        X