Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robbed again at Restaurant Row

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    After working here for some years, it seems that Restaurant Row is poorly and greedily managed.
    I used to work in restaurant row at a karaoke bar, i heard stories about the land lord....
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I didn't know this until today. At the incident, my wife ordered our daughter to get into the other car and lock the doors, because she thought that Officer Powderpuff was going to go ballistic. She said he was trembling with rage at having to deal with such a manini crime. I just thought he was being a dick.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Man, that's terrible. I feel for you Buzz. Another place to avoid parking is the Waikiki Trade Center (I believe that's what it's called), the one with Zanzibar and Starbucks right on the corner. My friend's car got broken into numerous times. He said he thinks the security is looking the other way as their own friends come in and steal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u Kid View Post
          He said he thinks the security is looking the other way as their own friends come in and steal stuff.
          Either in cahoots or simply incompetant.
          The last time my car got hit here — they took my radio; at least I can understand why THAT would get stolen — the security guards said they were unable to patrol the parking lot because their golfcart was bust. Foot patrolling is apparently impossible.
          The safer zones are supposedly the upper floors, near the mall side.
          One of our sports guys has been hit SIX times in the last year. The last time they took his whole car. Another time, just one headlight. Apparently the Restaurant Row parking lot is treated as a spare parts warehouse.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            or simply incompetant.
            That's such a funny word to misspell.

Back in the early 90's, Pearlridge Center (and the general Aiea/Pearl City area) was notorious for auto thieves. My Honda (#1 target) got broken into twice at PRC. Once during broad daylight while it was parked in the first stall near the entrance to what was then Liberty House. Took a bunch of CDs and my portable player. This, all while I was in the store for only 5 minutes. Talk about BRAVE. When I returned my jaw dropped.

I eventually got so sick of paying for new locks on that Honda that I began leaving it UNLOCKED, with one broken lock. Ever since doing that it never was broken into again. Go figure.

This is the main reason I didn't replace that car with another Honda. Otherwise, I love the brand.
            Last edited by Pomai; December 28, 2006, 02:05 PM. Reason: one broken lock
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The idea of immobilizing the next uninvited "shopper" in your car with 50,000 volts of aloha certainly has its allure.

Anyone ever know what happened to the Auto Taser? Drivers were snapping them up like free crack when it debuted in the late 90s. Seems to have faded into obscurity. Not legal in Hawaii anyhow.
              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
              X