Just Moved Here From California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Moved Here From California

Hello. My name's Amy && I recently moved to Oahu in October from Seaside, California. I'll start off by telling a little about myself. I'm 21 && married. My husband is in the Navy && we're stationed here for the next 3 years. I'm also 23 weeks pregnant. Anyhow, I don't work or go to school && I'm having a hard time making friends && meeting people, so I saw this forum && thought I'd give it a chance && see if I could meet some people && make some friends cause I'm def. bored all the time. Moving around all the time is so hard && I hate having to start my whole life over. But with the military it's just something you gotta get used to. Anyhow, that's my story. (=

x.

Re: Just Moved Here From California

Hey, Amy...welcome to HT. My family moved constantly when I was a kid so I know what you're going thru. In addition to this forum aren't there organizations on base you can join to help expedite meeting people? Regardless, in about 17 weeks you'll be so busy that you'll pray for down time! Hang out here, tho', watch for HT gatherings and be sure to post photos of the baby. There's a lot of estrogen on this site and we just love to ooooo and aaaaah!

Comment

Looks like I better roll out the welcome mat for you.

I actually graduated from Seaside High back in '81.......which is about when you were born. Great, I feel frikken old now.

But yes, Monterey Bay area is my home, even though the last time I was there was in 2002. I lived in Pacific Grove, Salinas, and Del Rey Oaks.

We gotta talk about my home sometime !!

DD
      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Monterey Bay eh? That's actually one of my favorite places in the country. As a matter of fact I named my english bulldog Monterey. You should try to go see the white shark they have on exhibit before they release it...
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Hi Amy! Grats on the new baby on the way! Welcome to the boards-- tho, I'm new too. Folks seem very friendly here, I'm sure you will make a connection.

My dad was Navy, too, WW2, tho, lol. Nice station in Hawaii, if only for a brief time. I'm also in Northern California, just outside of the city.

Blessings*

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
            Monterey Bay eh? That's actually one of my favorite places in the country.[...]
            Mine too! If I had to leave Hawaii and could choose to live any place on the mainland, I'd choose that general area...probably Carmel, altho' it's not on Monterey Bay. Close enough, tho'!

Comment

Welcome.

Here's a link to a page that you might find useful for meeting people here on Oahu who share your interests and situation:

http://www.newcomersclub.com/hi.html

I also have a Yahoo group geared toward 20- and 30-somethings where I post weekly events going on around the island. It's free but members only to keep out spammers (but just remind me if you choose to join that you are from HT, and it'll be no prob):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheNewcomersOhana/

This is another highly active group, though it's also very Honolulu-centric in its events, so if you are based elsewhere, it'll require a little travel to town:

http://www.meetin.org/city/MEETinHONOLULU/

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
                Monterey Bay eh? That's actually one of my favorite places in the country. As a matter of fact I named my english bulldog Monterey. You should try to go see the white shark they have on exhibit before they release it...

I did a lot of diving for the Monterey Bay Aquarium. There was a big stink last time a great white was captured and set for release. people were up in arms about how DARE we release an animal that has the potential to go out and kill somebody. I'm wondering if that will happen on the release of this particular shark.

Some people really don't have a clue.

DD
                www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads Amy! Hope that you will keep posting here. Also, congratulations on your first new arrival your baby!
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Hey Amy! I know what its like to move around.. I do that alot.
                    Anyways, welcome.. and hope you have fun here

Comment

Working...
                    X