Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best / WORST Movie that takes place in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best / WORST Movie that takes place in Hawaii?

I enjoyed "BLUE CRUSH" which was pretty close to ISLAND LIFE for this local boy who has been away.... "50 First Dates" was good. And boy! Rob Schneider as a braddah and he is being chased by Drew Barrymore. That moment was PRICELESS!

Movies that I thought was HORRIBLE!

"North Shore" for sure! Sorry but I myself no tauk ly dat as seen in dah mooooovie

Re: Best / WORST Movie that takes place in Hawaii?

Movies that are set in Hawaii, not just filmed here, right? Would movies filmed elsewhere that supposedly take place here count? Disney made a cheesy 'surfer girls" movie that was supposed to be set on Maui but was filmed in Australia... that was pretty bad.

I, too, liked "Blue Crush" well enough... at least I didn't hate it. "50 First Dates" was, with the exception of Schneiderm pretty great.

How about "Lilo & Stitch"?

Comment

North Shore rocks. Sure, the language was lame, but it was just a great film. Nia Peeples! Makaha Sons of Niiahau!

From Here to Eternity is pretty tough to beat, though. That might have to be mine.

For worst? I'll go with either Aloha Summer or Goin' Cocoanuts, which I actually liked but was pretty awful.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I love Honeymoon in Vegas...Nick Cage saying "Kapaaaaaaaa"

Worst....Hard Ticket To Hawaii....nice babes
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Nemesis has my pick, great futuristic cyborg campy movie partly shot in the big island. Doesnt take place in Hawaii tho.
          Speaking of Adam Sandler, I really liked Punch Drunk Love, which has a part in Waikiki.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            Nemesis has my pick, great futuristic cyborg campy movie partly shot in the big island. Doesnt take place in Hawaii tho.
            Speaking of Adam Sandler, I really liked Punch Drunk Love, which has a part in Waikiki.
            Nemesis was bad. Hilo and upper Wailuku river were suppose to be Java.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

"North Shore" has to be the GOAT movie filmed in Hawaii.

I didn't really like the last "Jurassic Park"
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Anyone see the film "To End All Wars"? It starred Kiefer Sutherland and Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty) and was filmed (except for a tiny segment) here on Kaua'i. It was made in 2001 and released I think in 2003.

Filming took place on Grove Farm land behind the Koloa Sugar Mill, Ahukini Pier, Hule'ia Stream and others.

My hubby worked on this film for 3 months and there were plenty of local folks playing prisoners, guards, etc. A really awesome experience and the whole cast and crew were super people. No big egos at work on this set!

Definitely worth renting if you want plenty of Kaua'i landscape! And in this film, Kaua'i was substituting for Burma during WWII.

Working on and with this film was one of the great experiences of our lives!

Comment

I'm not one who's terribly bothered by politically correct/incorrectness, but I had a dislike for the "Ito Eats" song from Blue Hawaii.

As for Elvis though, that guy could get away with ANYTHING on the big screen. You could look at his Hawaii movies with a glass half empty/half full mentality when it comes to deciding whether they're any good or not.

Comment

*BIG bump*

"If you lived here, you'd understand." Possibly the best never-completed scene from a movie that takes place in Hawai`i, "Lilo & Stitch."

http://io9.com/5948924/watch-a-delet...acist-tourists

Comment

I liked Hawaii with Julie Andrews and The Hawaiians with Charlton Heston for at least showing a general idea in movies about the history of Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                      X