Anyone remember Let's Go Fishing with Bruce Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone remember Let's Go Fishing with Bruce Carter

HI!! I was wondering if you still have access to those old Bruce Carter episodes. I've been trying to find them and haven't had much luck. It's really really important. Any help you can offer would be so great. You'd make a family really happy.

Much Mahalo.

Comment

This thread inspired someone to reach out... here's an email I was asked to post:

My name is Robyn and I was raised on the North Shore fishing with my Stepfather George Donner who once appeared on the Let's Go Fishing Show with Bruce Carter. In searching for information on this show I was brought to a thread from 2007 on HawaiiThreads started by Kalihiboy. He spoke of tapes of the program from the mid 70's and about talking with Hari. I want to know more and whether Hari is still alive.

I have many, many memories of watching Hari cut fish at Tamashiro market. That was the only place we ever sold our catch and while we waited for weighing to be completed, Dad and I would eat the awesome boiled peanuts right from the steaming bin! I will never forget the huge record breaking lobster that hung on their wall for so many years. When I looked into history of the show and saw Hari's picture I squeeled like a keiki...: ) So many memories!

It would be great to post the memories and wonderful if someone else would respond with some of their own. My Stepfather was very well known on the North shore along with Maui and the Big island as he had a huge heart and always gave freely to those in need. He is gone now and left behind a Son who never knew him during all those "Let's Go Fishing" days. It would be incredible to find something from those days, besides a few old photographs, to share with my Brother.

I can be reached at rhorne10@yahoo.com by anyone who would like to share a memory or can put me in contact with others from those days, like Hari. I feel very certain he would remember Dad and I. : )

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Robyn Horne
      AKA: Kaimanu
      Kamakiaina family of Hauula, HI

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        My name is Robyn and I was raised on the North Shore fishing with my Stepfather George Donner who once appeared on the Let's Go Fishing Show with Bruce Carter. In searching for information on this show I was brought to a thread from 2007 on HawaiiThreads started by Kalihiboy. He spoke of tapes of the program from the mid 70's and about talking with Hari. I want to know more and whether Hari is still alive.
        http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...dies-at-age-66

Comment

Working...
        X