Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were some forgettable moments for Hawaii in 2006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were some forgettable moments for Hawaii in 2006?

I was tryna think of some, but daaang, early 06 seems soooo far away already. Here's some that I remember:

Riley Wallace's resignation
    flesh-eating bacteria in the Ala Wai
    Tourists panicking after the earthquake, worried about running out of food...pssh
    $4.00/gal gas prices

Add on
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: What were some forgettable moments for Hawaii in 2006?

Rain for ~40 days/40 nights, shall we start building an ark?

And the sewage spill in the Ala Wai.

Comment

The day from hell on the H-1
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Are you interested in UNforgettable moments, or forgettable moments?

I've forgotten all of the truly forgettable ones! :P

Comment

- the H1 pedestrian overpass incident
          - rain for 40 days/nights
          - earthquake/blackout
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
            Are you interested in UNforgettable moments, or forgettable moments? I've forgotten all of the truly forgettable ones!
            Well, "unforgettable" means it isn't yet forgotten, right?

Yeah, the H-1 shutdown would be one moment I'd be happy to leave to the cold darkness of oblivion. Six hours to go 20 something miles. What is that, 3 m.p.h.? I could've walked home faster! Then again, the thread here was epic.

The 40 days and nights of rain? Definitely not a high point. The Kaloko dam breach was tragic... though certainly we wouldn't want to forget the victims.

The first few hours of 2006 are also on my hit list, actually. Three gasping, wheezing kids up all night. This weekend's trip to the Big Island is helping to erase that memory!

Comment

How 'bout the beautification of Waikiki, then the abrupt removal of so many trees. What a waste of money that was. Can anyone say proper planning?
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

-The H-1 pedestrian overpass incident
                -The Earthquake in October
                -Rain for 40 days and nights
                -gas prices that were hight
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

IMHO, these all seem to be more unforgettable than forgettable moments. If we forget, or if we do not learn from our mistakes, we are destined to repeat them.
                  An example of a forgettable moment would be draining the kitchen sink after scaling and cleaning six fresh moi, and after boiling 12 pounds of shrimp and pouring the foamy stock down the drain, to discover a plumbing back up of the laundry room sink, which is on the other side of the wall from my kitchen in the garage. Then it would be forgettable to discover that the laundry room sink also has a crack in it, hence a leak of fishy water entering the garage, which was cleaned and set up for our New Year's Eve celebration later that day. Both sinks were out of service while cooking for and then hosting our guests at our NYE party. The sink was manually emptied via bucket, and Kid 1 created a sign that indicated that it was Out Of Order and guests were to wash their hands at the bathroom sink. That was my forgettable collective moment of 2006.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    IMHO, these all seem to be more unforgettable than forgettable moments. If we forget, or if we do not learn from our mistakes, we are destined to repeat them.
                    An example of a forgettable moment would be draining the kitchen sink after scaling and cleaning six fresh moi, and after boiling 12 pounds of shrimp and pouring the foamy stock down the drain, to discover a plumbing back up of the laundry room sink, which is on the other side of the wall from my kitchen in the garage. Then it would be forgettable to discover that the laundry room sink also has a crack in it, hence a leak of fishy water entering the garage, which was cleaned and set up for our New Year's Eve celebration later that day. Both sinks were out of service while cooking for and then hosting our guests at our NYE party. The sink was manually emptied via bucket, and Kid 1 created a sign that indicated that it was Out Of Order and guests were to wash their hands at the bathroom sink. That was my forgettable collective moment of 2006.
                    alright.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X