Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

back from Hawaii & Guardian Angels! (buckle up!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from Hawaii & Guardian Angels! (buckle up!)

Back from Hawaii and oh do I sure miss the 80 degree weather!! Husband and I had a blast and it was good to visit with ohana and spend Christmas with everyone. Golfing in Hawaii was WONDERFUL! Sure wish we could have taken more time out so that we could spend the New Year there, but we were both on non-paid vacay leave and had to be back to work on the 2nd! I got a really bad cold the day after Christmas and am just starting to get my voice back.

While there in Hawaii we got a call from my youngest DD Robyn who is in Florida. She is so darn lucky and I tell ya, there are such things as Guardian Angels! Robyn was driving a Tahoe SUV and trailed a 30-foot long camper…not the 5th wheel kind. She said that she had both babies with her plus her 6-year-old niece. She was going 55mph in the middle lane when an ambulance went by. She then said she felt pressure on her shoulder (like someone putting their hand on her shoulder), then it released and that’s when she turned to her niece and asked her if she knew how to put on her own seatbelt. Her niece replied that she knew how so Robyn told her to put it on. 5 minutes later the accident happened.

A large trailer truck went by and the camper started to sway. Robyn started to lose control and the camper and SUV jack-knifed facing oncoming traffic and Robyn said that the next thing she remembers is seeing the ground and getting up to go to the SUV. Apparently, she didn’t have her seatbelt on! According to witnesses both the SUV and camper rolled as least 3 times down the highway. Robyn was ejected and landed on her face. She got up and started running after the SUV and camper. The SUV and camper came to a stop against the median guardrail. The SUV landed upright and the camper, unhitched from the SUV, landed on its side. The windows of the SUV were all blown out. There many motorists that stopped to assist in getting all 3 children out of the SUV. The 6-year-old niece had one small bruise on the side of her head and both our grandchildren are fine and have no cuts or bruises. According to Robyn’s 6-year-old niece, Robyn “flew out of the window”.

The paramedics were stunned that Robyn survived! They said that had she turned the steering wheel the other direction (causing the SUV & camper to roll in the opposite direction) she would’ve been crushed when she was ejected. The ER docs thought that Robyn had fractured her cheekbone but x-rays revealed no broken bones.

Robyn is sore and she and the babies are headed home at the end of the week. She wants to spend the rest to of the work season here and will also see a chiropractor for her back. We are so darned lucky! I told Robyn that we could’ve lost a daughter and those babies could’ve lost a mother!

Thank you Lord and folks, please buckle up!

Lovena
    Lovena

Re: back from Hawaii & Guardian Angels! (buckle up!)

Wow! Thanks be to God! Miracle, coincidence or just plain luck?

Nah, Guardian Angels as you have said or the hand of GOD himself!

I believe.....

Wow! I'm lost for words.

Hugs to ALL of you especially, your daughter, her niece and your little ones!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; January 3, 2007, 05:12 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Let's just hope she learned her lesson and buckles up next time.

Towing a 30-footer typically should require a Tongue over hitch design for better control. Unfortunately a Tahoe cannot incorporate that style of hitch but none the less, if you're gonna tow, do it right.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Give God the thanks. HE was there for sure.
        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
        Mark Twain

Comment

Oooooh...
          Myyyyy...
          GOD...

Most certainly, Divine intervention. I'm so happy for all of you.

Comment

Amazing story. And because of it I now have Carrie Underwood's huge hit "Jesus Take The Wheel" playing on endless loop in my head.
            If you haven't heard the song, you absolutely MUST.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
            X