Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD-DVD & Blu-Ray

Originally posted by BluBtl View Post
    kdramafan, good to hear Im not the only one in da boat. I have only two so far, the phantom and aeon flux, and waiting for my 5 free in the mail. Matrix collection is in the cart at amazon, I read that 2 and 3 are awesome. Im a newbie and still learning the ropes. Where in the world are you buying them used?

Im very picky right now because of the price. Most SD-DVD's look great already due to the upconverting. For example the movie Apocalypto (only on Blu-ray) was amazing on SD-DVD.

I think the sams model is also HD-D2, from what I can see in pictures on AVS forum. I was at costco yesterday and still 9 left. I finally used the costco suggestion box and requested they start selling HD movies (HD-DVD and Blu-ray).

Neutrality is the way to go because everybody wins.
    I am buying them from the Amazon.com Market Place. The seller below is selling The Ultimate Matrix Collection [HD DVD] box set for $48.88 plus $2.98 shipping. All items purchsed from Amazon.com Market Place are charged a $2.98 shipping charge per item.
    ESTATESALEBOOKS
    http://www.amazon.com/shops/estatesalebooks2

There is also a 20% off sale going on at Deepdiscount.com now. You can get some good deals on HD-DVDs. Read more about it at the url/thread below.
    http://808dramafans.proboards21.com/...9677365&page=3
    Last edited by kdramafan; June 7, 2007, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Much mahalo for the deepdiscount tip.

Unbelievable, that the 20% is on top of the already discounted price. Im getting the matrix trilogy for like $52.00. What wop my jaws was the free shipping to all fhitty states.

Note: to get the extra 20%, I typed DVDTALK as the coupon code.

Jeff

PS: To Blu-ray owners - They also sell Blu-ray and I think it the 20% also applies.

Comment

Here are more 20% off codes. You can use each code one time during the sale. Usually the codes are the same from sale to sale. These is a semi annual sale. Next one should be in January.

DVDTALK
        USATODAY
        NYTIMES
        SUPERSALE
        DVDPRICESEARCH
        SUMMERSALE
        YAHOO
        ESPN
        LATIMES
        XM
        SOUTHSIDE
        WGN
        JIM

Comment

Originally posted by BluBtl View Post
          Much mahalo for the deepdiscount tip.

Unbelievable, that the 20% is on top of the already discounted price. Im getting the matrix trilogy for like $52.00. What wop my jaws was the free shipping to all fhitty states.

Note: to get the extra 20%, I typed DVDTALK as the coupon code.

Jeff

PS: To Blu-ray owners - They also sell Blu-ray and I think it the 20% also applies.
          Yes the free shipping is to all 50 states.

Comment

Read about this deal over at Avsforum.com. Crutchfield.com has the Toshiba HD-A2 for $199.99. Use a visa card and enter code PA145 and get free shipping. Right now they are out of stock until 6/26.

Here is another free shipping code 3A145.

Comment

Costco in Iwilei update: Sony BDPS301 Blu-Ray Disc Player with HDMI Cable in stock for $449.99. Nearby, coupons for five free movies. Toshiba HD-D2/A2C HD-DVD player in stock for $279.99. Still on the fence, but increasingly eager to see something else in HD on our TV besides what comes out of our Apple TV.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Costco in Iwilei update: Sony BDPS301 Blu-Ray Disc Player with HDMI Cable in stock for $449.99. Nearby, coupons for five free movies. Toshiba HD-D2/A2C HD-DVD player in stock for $279.99. Still on the fence, but increasingly eager to see something else in HD on our TV besides what comes out of our Apple TV.

Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player at Amazon.com is $238.88 with free shipping and no tax. Plus you also get 5 free HD-DVDs from Toshiba.

Comment

I think SONY has the same deal going for the PS3 now. I've had one since Mar of this year, and with Sony's firmware updates, its become an excellent, all around DVD player, with upscaling capability rivaling the REON based HD-DVD players. I haven't bought any PS3 games yet...but it also upscales PS2 games, and even "upscales" CD's as well (all through the HDMI port only, of course)...and as a Blu-Ray player, it equals any stand alone Blu-Ray players to date...

jock

Comment

In an odd move, Paramount/Viacom and Dreamworks have decided to jump wholly into the HD-DVD camp.
                    The battle over the competing high-definition DVD technologies has sputtered in recent months as Blu-ray discs have emerged as the front-runner. Blu-ray titles are sharply outselling HD offerings, major retailers like Target are stocking only Blu-ray players, and Blockbuster recently said it would carry Blu-ray exclusively.

Last week, the Walt Disney Company said it would release one of its best-known animated movies, “Sleeping Beauty,” on Blu-ray. “There is no longer any doubt that Blu-ray is the clear successor to standard DVDs,” said Bob Chapek, president of Disney’s home entertainment unit.

But money talks: Paramount and DreamWorks Animation together will receive about $150 million in financial incentives for their commitment to HD DVD, according to two Viacom executives with knowledge of the deal but who asked not to be identified.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      In an odd move, Paramount/Viacom and Dreamworks have decided to jump wholly into the HD-DVD camp.
                      Not an odd move at all when you've listed the reason, money!!!! It's not gonna hurt them to release in HD-DVD and if it fails, re-release in Blu-Ray.

Comment

Another good reason not to adopt Blue-Ray or HD-DVD. Studios are taking a one or the other side and this hurts the consumer. So for now the best thing to do is not buy into this technology until the format is settled. No one wants to be stuck with the next Betamax.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Another good reason not to adopt Blue-Ray or HD-DVD. Studios are taking a one or the other side and this hurts the consumer. So for now the best thing to do is not buy into this technology until the format is settled. No one wants to be stuck with the next Betamax.
                          Just buy one of those multi-format players.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

No one wants to be stuck with the next Betamax.
                            Or in the case of the PS3 (Blu-Ray) vs the Xbox360 (HD-DVD), the next Atari Jaguar

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Just buy one of those multi-format players.
                              Too expensive. I'll stick with conventional DVD and wait this whole format war out.

And yes, no one wants to be stuck with the next Atari Jaguar either.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Too expensive. I'll stick with conventional DVD and wait this whole format war out.
                                That's what I'm doing now. Let the tech enthusiasts with big wallets decide the winner.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X