HP M527 Digital Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP M527 Digital Camera

I purchased a HP M527 digital camera from CompUSA a couple of weeks ago. While I tend to buy cameras that cost under $100 there have been times in the past that I went beyond that limit and in this case I did, however I had gotten a CompUSA gift card for Christmas so that had offset the cost of the camera and the SD card I got with it (since I use CompacFlash).

The main reason for getting this camera was to replace my SiPix SC-3300 who's battery door no longer closes. While I am still using the Aiptek DV4100 for outdoor uses, the SiPix SC-3300 was my indoor camera.

I am hoping that the HP M527 could do both (indoor and outdoors uses) since it can:

Take video with sound (for model rocket launches, the SiPix could not do this)
    It has 3X optical zoom (the SiPix and the Aiptek uses Digital zoom)
    Has a flash (the Aiptek has no flash)
    6 MegaPixels (Aiptek is 4 MegaPixels, SiPix is a 3 MegaPixels)

Right now the major drawback to this camera is that it runs on 2AA batteries (both the Aiptek and SiPix also took 2AA but I had other cameras that used 4AA batteries). Using standard alkalines it doesn't last long, maybe taking 100 photos or so if you are lucky.

I picked up some Lithium and Rechargeable batteries this weekend and I will try to see how well they work in this camera.

A minor drawback to me for this camera is using the SD card since all my previous cameras that used removable media used CompacFlash, however my computers can handle the SD cards and prices for these cards are lower than what it was 3 years ago. And the M527 can handle up to 2Gbytes while my old cameras handled either 128 Mbytes (SiPix and one of the 4AA camera, the other could only handle 64Mbytes) or 512Mbytes (Aiptek).

Sometime this week I will try to post some photos to the HawaiiStories gallery for this camera.
Working...
X