In Defense of "Honkeys"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In Defense of "Honkeys"

naaaah, no need for shields. if anything, the criticism i got made me rethink my habit of judicious, educational honking and i've become more convinced i am doing the right thing. in fact, i see the honking i do as not only judicious and educational (albeit sometimes obnoxiously harsh) but also as a protest against the social malaise that crucifies people who honk while allowing selfish and even dangerous drivers to believe that their driving habits are completely acceptable. in my opinion, if you're the kinda person who purposely blocks an intersection while applying beauty products, you're the same kinda person who won't get out of the way when an ambulance approaches.

that certain people here imply i would deserve possibly getting beat up by some enraged dum-uff says more about them than it does about me (declaring self defense evil could lead me to believe said declarant to be the kind of person who thinks a battered woman who kills her beater is a cold-hearted murderer or that a woman who wears a short skirt deserves rape).

anyway, another honking story, fresh from this morning at about seven thirty:

the beau and i were on the freeway in the rightmost lane, heading towards downtown, approaching the university onramp. we noticed a ricer rounding the onramp, speeding and not signalling as he approached what should have been a yield.

of course, he didn't yield, but tried to blow past us, either with the arrogant and/or ignorant expectation that we would yield to him or switch lanes.

of course, we honked.

long. loudly.

we didn't fully switch lanes to avoid the collision even though we could have, but stayed just close enough just to let the ricer fully understand his the possible repercussions of his actions.

and we simultaneously gave him the gift of the middle finger.

one more lesson taught, as evidenced by the ricer's dramatic slowing down. cause sometimes people need more than a friendly toot.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
    X