This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

I hate it when people give me fake phone numbers, talk too fast while leaving a message, or have bad handwriting.

Don't complain if I can't return your call because I can't contact you.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      I hate it when people give me fake phone numbers,
      Oh I hated that too when I used to do the bar scene. I tell you every girl out there had the same number: 555-1212 What a coincidence yeah?

Then there's the one gal who gave me her number. When I called her up I got Dial a Prayer. I chose option 1.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay here's my pet peeve:

Going to a movie theater and pay good money to be entertained only to have to sit thru five minutes of commercials on the big screen!

I hate it when I passionately sell a customer a cordless tool combo, getting them all excited about it then finding out we're outta stock. Damn!

Comment

Ohhhhhhh I got lotsa peeves

- Stupidity
          - Rudeness
          - Snobs
          - Parents who don't keep an eye on their kiddies especially when they are chasing birds/pigeons. I would snap if the birdies flied in my face (think Tippi Hendren)
          - People on cell phones and driving at the same time, HELLO?
          - People who try to outwit you when you are trying to cross a street
          - People who almost run you over with their shopping cart!

tru true story. When I used to live in Waimalu right next to da Safeway I was in line at the checkout and the person next to me kept pushing their cart against me! I am thinking WHAT THE?!?!? And the guy behind me realizing what he was doin was sooooooo sorry. Yeah cuz I had the T.O. look goin.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Oh I hated that too when I used to do the bar scene. I tell you every girl out there had the same number: 555-1212 What a coincidence yeah?

Then there's the one gal who gave me her number. When I called her up I got Dial a Prayer. I chose option 1.
            You are such a KOOK! That was MADONNA~
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Waking from slumber and realizing you just had a dream of getting with someone you wouldnt want to or back together with someone you arent sure would work out, lol.
              If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I can't call it a "pet peeve" as much as something I just thought was very odd:
                Scanning through the TV program guide just now, I noticed a movie called "Satan's School For Girls". I turned to the movie listings and found that this was lsited as a Horror movie, made in 2000, starring Shannon Doherty and Kate Jackson (from Charlie's Angels!), and the description says "A young woman probes her sister's apparent suicide." Satanic, and horror-full, apparently.
                But most bizarrely, this evil movie was on... the Family Channel.
                What?!
                Even more bizarre (if that's possible) is that the show immediately following "Satan's School For Girls" is... The 700 Club. Which, as I recall, is a religious program.

I'm thinking that the Family Channel's Programming Director needs a drug test.
                Holy shit, i am not the only one who thinks that channel is screwed up!!! I mean, really! I actually called and had my satelite shut off for awhile a long time ago because i saw an R rating moving on that channel. My son claims they made a mistake but i am prone to think media is 90% to blame for kids being the way they are these days.
                If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

I have a couple for today:

- when your boss don't tell you things and you have to find out for yourself.
                  Example: This morning, I get to work, unlock the door and step in. I see someone in the way back and I loudly say "is someone there?". I say that a few more times as I approach the back and I see someone. Sensing he's a burglar, I grab my boss's maglite flashlight (conveniently placed near one of the computers from yesterday's computer service) and approach him. I was about to take a whack, when he startles me. I threaten to call the cops with my cell as I back out but he quickly introduces him as my boss's friend. I saw that he wore my boss's other work place shirt so I leave him alone. Before I lock up for the afternoon, my boss calls and tells me that a friend is staying in the shop overnight after his stuff got stolen from his roommates.

- another pet peeve for today is when people just speed up after a certain point and I have to slam on my brakes after I see a pedestrian wearing a dark colored shirt! Not one, but two times some idiot did that (the pedestrians were less than 40 ft from each other). The crosswalk was located down the street and they were crossing from a median.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

- I see a pedestrian wearing a dark colored shirt! Not one, but two times some idiot did that (the pedestrians were less than 40 ft from each other). The crosswalk was located down the street and they were crossing from a median.

Here where I am at when me and my roomate are in the car and certain streets are supa dak so we someone crossing the street but they dwaddle across expecting you in the car to slow down. Oh yeah we would slow down if your clothing attire did NOT blend in with the darkness.
                    If you quickly got yourself out of harms way then no bigee. But pedestrians taking their sweet time to get across kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                      Here where I am at when me and my roomate are in the car and certain streets are supa dak so we someone crossing the street but they dwaddle across expecting you in the car to slow down. Oh yeah we would slow down if your clothing attire did NOT blend in with the darkness.
                      If you quickly got yourself out of harms way then no bigee. But pedestrians taking their sweet time to get across kills me.
                      There's one other kind of pedestrian that's even worse: the kind who start walking across the street and when they notice you're about to hit them, they don't speed up to try to get out of the way, but they just stop right in front of you and give you the stink eye, as if that's going to keep them from getting hurt if you're going more than about 5 mph!

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Pet Peeve - deceptive advertising!

"Final Warranty Notice"

"Dear Valued Customer, This notice is to inform you that your vehicle's factory warranty has expired, Yada, yada, yada.

Uh, the only car that has ever been registered under my name is a 15 year old domestic with over 150,000 miles on it. WHAT FACTORY WARRANTY??? The jerks are trying to con me into calling them.

Comment

- when your boss don't tell you things and you have to find out for yourself.
                          So...did you ever go to that job fair last month, so you can get out of that shop and into something better?

Comment

People that are frickin noisy at a Public Library when ur on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              You are such a KOOK! That was MADONNA~
                              Damn! I shoulda known by those pointy bra cups she was poking me with!

She kept yelling, "I'm a Virgin" Like I cared right?

Comment

What I hate is when I'm off on Saturdays and I can watch some automotive show in the mornings. Apparently the advertising people believe those who love automobile shows love to buy "Girls Gone Wild" videos so they play them with strategically placed GGW banners superimposed over various parts of the female anatomy. Trouble is my very impressionable 11-year old boy loves automobile shows too and as a father and son thing we're both sitting at the sofa when the commercial break comes up and the remote has just slipped between the seat cushions and I can't find it.

Worse yet my wife isn't nearby to find the remote for me! Ha la!

So now I'm explaining: "My humps my humps my lovely girly humps" to my boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X