• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    There was something in the air that night
    The stars were bright
    Fernando

I've had that stuck in my head all freaking day.
    HEY! does that mean I should not play my CD here?!

I always picture Bea Arthur dancing on Malcolm in the Middle when I hear that song.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

The (now shortened) Kapiolani Blvd. town-bound morning contraflow lane. Aaaacck!

It now "BRILLIANTLY" ENDS JUST AFTER McCULLY (Waikiki) st., forcing unexpected motorists to have to suddenly merge right, one lane over. I already seen a truck side-swipe another car there once, which almost turned into an ugly road rage. Someone almost side-swiped me this morning at the same place.

It should at least be coned off up to Atkinson Dr., so that town-bound motorist can split off to Ala Moana Blvd. But NOOOO... this idiotic merge placement negates the contraflow completely, forcing motorists who once split off have to rejoin the main lanes just several blocks down. A totally wasted (and potentially hazardous) effort.

It used to go all the way down Kapiolani Blvd., which makes perfect sense, but road construction near McKinley H.S. is now in the way.

I need a relaxing massage right now.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        wire ties.
        For those who didn't get it, I'm the guy who tied up ShaveIce's computer cables with lotsa cable ties (compliments of Costco) only to have Adrian have to cut them to fix the computer I sent ShaveIce after FedEx somehow managed to drop kick it all the way from the Big Island to Oahu.

BTW...I still use lots of cable ties.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          For those who didn't get it, I'm the guy who tied up ShaveIce's computer cables with lotsa cable ties (compliments of Costco) only to have Adrian have to cut them to fix the computer I sent ShaveIce after FedEx somehow managed to drop kick it all the way from the Big Island to Oahu.

They're a little more expensive, but those velcro cable ties are a real winner.

Comment

There are also reusable plastic cable ties, with a little release tab on them; I've used them for decades on audio cables, phone wiring, etc.

Comment

My pet peeve for this morning is people who fail to see the inconsistencies in their own thinking. This lack of logical thought processes is a dead giveaway to one's overall low intelligence.

My signature usually highlights bad logic. I'm gonna change it to reflect some of the lunacy I have listened to this morning.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                There are also reusable plastic cable ties, with a little release tab on them; I've used them for decades on audio cables, phone wiring, etc.
                I dont know if anyone sells them, I used to see them in Dell's, but the little cable twists are neat. The plastic ones that have 2 knobs at the end that you just twist to secure or undo? (not the metal twisties)
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

Oh man, that was a headache.

Luckily I got the weekend to find some cable ties and make the computer nice-nice (another reason why I hate windowed-cases)

And to day's pet peeve is.... not having everything you need. I know, follow the boy scout's motto "be prepared" but its hard when you're running out of USB ports on your laptop and running out of options on how to get XP back onto a laptop with a broken CD drive.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    My pet peeve for this morning is people who fail to see the inconsistencies in their own thinking. This lack of logical thought processes is a dead giveaway to one's overall low intelligence.

My signature usually highlights bad logic. I'm gonna change it to reflect some of the lunacy I have listened to this morning.
                    But I'd rather have a banana split
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have two for today:

- When someone tells you something (in my case, my cousin told me to pick her up at 12 midnight last night) and that person either never calls you or she never picks up her phone.

- When there's a computer emergency and you get a rude awakening just to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                        - When there's a computer emergency and you get a rude awakening just to fix it.
                        I hope you charge the person who called double time for the inconvenience! Plumbers and electricians do that all the time, and I think you should, too. Besides, what kind of "emergency" can a consumer have that can't wait until the next day? I can understand maybe a business like a hospital that's operational 24x7, but Joe Blow? sheesh.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I dunno if I consider it a pet peeve cuz it's pissing the hell out of me. The noise from low-flying aircraft over the Punchbowl area on the daily. I dunno if its Greenharvest, military, commercial, whatever, but it's waaay too loud.

Comment

Buying a brand new laptop and finding a red dot on the screen! Waiting 1/2 hour to return it!
                            People talking about carpet!

The WalMart guy asking me if I dyed my hair for Valentines day then lookng at me and saying.....well, you know I guess it is quite attractive if I think about it. Then following me around!
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My pet peeved for this day is....,

Going down to do the laundry, & droped off my rags & a rug I really wanted to clean, & I really needed to use my rags, so I needed to wash them.

Went up to my door, to get my soap & coins, later come down to find out that some lady which is a neighbor of mine, took it out !!.

Now, come on!! did that look like it just got done, & ready to be placed in the dryer or what???

Get a clue lady!!, those rags, & that rug is still dirty, & you didn't even wait longer than 1 whole minute to just take it out !!.

She said that when she went down to wash her rugs, that there there something in the wash already, & she didn't see any one around, so she took it out!!!

WTF!! get a clue lady!! the laundry isn't even clean yet, & I didn't even start on it, & it was still dry!!

gawd!! I can't believe I have idiot neighbors living in my building!!!.

Couldn't she just wait about 2- 5 minites or what?!?!?!!!

GAWD!!.
                              Aches & Pains
                              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Today's pet peeve is when teens/young adults put a modified exhaust (aka fart can) onto an automatic transmission car. My younger brother pointed that out when the car infront of us was always shifting at the same point - and we were in a park with speed bumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X