X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    I hate it when someone switches the cereal bag for cheerios and honey nut cheerios.
    Adrian...that was your Mom that was doing that. You see Safeway has this two for one deal on the regular Cheerios and she was slowly diluting the regular Cheerios with the Honey Nut until there wasn't enough to dilute.

By then your Mom probably figured you were so used to the taste of regular Cheerios that you wouldn't notice it. BTW were their any empty bottles of Salt Peter laying around the house?

BUT SHE WAS WRONGO! WASN'T SHE.

Actually she probably did it because you dumped the family Taurus for a Mazda.

I'm guilty of cereal subbing too. I integrate the Bag-o-Cereal generic brand from Safeway and pour it in the Coco-Krispies box when the kids are sleeping. Works all the time!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      [...]I'm guilty of cereal subbing too. I integrate the Bag-o-Cereal generic brand from Safeway and pour it in the Coco-Krispies box when the kids are sleeping. Works all the time!
      I'm a bit guilty of subbing, too! When my kids were in college and came home on vacation they had one thing on their minds...beach! And, they wanted a tan...yesterday! They were willing to slather on a low SPF lotion but not a high SPF. I bought bottles of #4 and subbed the contents with #30! They never questioned the results and I confessed over 10 years later!

Comment

Ahhh quit yer bitchin'. Now go do somthing with this here Ginzu
        how tempting

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Gives us a sense of perspective, though - helps us to use them as a mirror and realize when we slip into behaviors ourselves that we dislike in others. No one is worthless; some people can always be used as a bad example.

amen to that!

Comment

i am thoroughly annoyed by people who own pets without taking care of them properly. more than one of the beau's neighbors own dogs, yet rarely do i see the parents play with them, take them for walks, etc. one neighbor owns a lil neurotic dog can yap for hours nonstop--literally. and when i say literally, i am not using one bit of hyperbole.

another bought a beagle last year but clearly didn't understand how high maintenance that breed is, nor did they anticipate the breed's tendency to bay. persistently and loudly. so loudly that a neighbor can still hear it clearly over the roar of football games blasting on a sound system whilst the windows and doors are shut.

if i could, i'd pay for each these owners to have a couple sessions with the dog whisperer.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Actually she probably did it because you dumped the family Taurus for a Mazda.
              Actually, the taurus wasn't the family car (that honor goes to the Aerostar).

And if I have the money and know someone who can store the car in long term storage, then I'll gladly do that - because now that the taurus line is gone, that car will become rare.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I hate having the HFD maintenance facility behind my house! First, the PA system wakes me up, now they're honking their fire truck horns (like how some people honk their horns when at someone's house waiting for then).

Comment

I hate having the HFD maintenance facility behind my house! First, the PA system wakes me up, now they're honking their fire truck horns (like how some people honk their horns when at someone's house waiting for then).
                  At least the sounds are expected and probably limited to the daytime. I used to live in an apartment in Makiki in my single days on Hassinger street next to the preschool that fronted Piikoi mauka of Lunalilo (yeah that stupid intersection that Ericncyn talked about). They had this old corrugated sheet metal roof shed that sat at the back border of their property which was adjacent to the apartment building.

Above that shed was this tall Mango tree. So tall that from my 3rd story window I could see thru the canopy of the tree. Everytime the wind blew a mango would drop baby drop right onto that steel roof ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT.

If that wasn't enough try moving in on a Sunday then finding out that preschool plays Reville at 8AM on their PA system Monday morning.

Yeah living in Makiki...you couldn't tell if that sound was an engine backfiring on the H-1 or another domestic shooting in the adjacent apartments.

Comment

At least the sounds are expected and probably limited to the daytime. I used to live in an apartment in Makiki in my single days on Hassinger street next to the preschool that fronted Piikoi mauka of Lunalilo (yeah that stupid intersection that Ericncyn talked about). They had this old corrugated sheet metal roof shed that sat at the back border of their property which was adjacent to the apartment building.

Above that shed was this tall Mango tree. So tall that from my 3rd story window I could see thru the canopy of the tree. Everytime the wind blew a mango would drop baby drop right onto that steel roof ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT.

If that wasn't enough try moving in on a Sunday then finding out that preschool plays Reville at 8AM on their PA system Monday morning.

Yeah living in Makiki...you couldn't tell if that sound was an engine backfiring on the H-1 or another domestic shooting in the adjacent apartments.
                    heh heh. you're talking about island paradise school, eh? guess what, mr watanabe?

you might have seen me (well, the littler, cuter, more angelic and less cantakerous version of me) standing at attention at 8:00 a.m. saluting the flag as reville played.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

My pet peeve - going to a website and finding a flash ad that has to go ON TOP of what I'm trying to read. Arrrrrrrgh!

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                        heh heh. you're talking about island paradise school, eh? guess what, mr watanabe?

you might have seen me (well, the littler, cuter, more angelic and less cantakerous version of me) standing at attention at 8:00 a.m. saluting the flag as reville played.
                        Yes that was the name of that school. Oh those bells!!! This was back in 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          Serenity - just out of curiousity, what kind of work do you do? Sounds like your supervisor/manager needs to get a better handle on their employees or you wouldn't be having all the problems and stress that you do. I feel bad for you - I've been in jobs like that & it's not easy to not go postal on your co-workers sometimes
                          Guess what?, I got a better handle on things .

I told the manager that I just want to work on Saturdays only, & let me tell you, it was the best idea I have ever had!!.

I have never been so happy about it.

After I clocked out, one of my co-workers looked at the small piece of paper & made fun of it, the fact that I only workd 7 hours the whole entire week.

I don't care, as long as I am hapy with it, that's all that matters any way!. =)

Aloha. =)
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

this morning's pet peeves for me...

- when people knock on your door with the lights closed and the sign "closed" on the door - and when you open the door they ask if you're open.
                            - when people talk too fast when leaving a voicemail and you can't understand them - and when you call them back you have to leave a voicemail with what you want from them.

- oh, and I almost forgot: people who wants to upgrade to the newest operating system on an old computer, and wondering why it can't work.

Comment

this morning's pet peeves for me...
                              - oh, and I almost forgot: people who wants to upgrade to the newest operating system on an old computer, and wondering why it can't work.
                              Awe shucks. Here I was hoping I could bring in an old 1987 Macintosh Plus so you folks could load OS X Tiger on it.
                              Last edited by Pomai; February 5, 2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: could
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Lately, my entire jobs been a peeve. Im at the point of finding something else cause the stress level here has gone through the roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X