X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by jdub View Post
    My pet peeve is having direct deposit, but somehow always getting paid a day after those in my office that don't have DD get paid. Grrr.
    Let me get this clear...say your office's payday is Friday. You have DD, and it shows up in your account on Friday - yes? But those who get live checks get them in hand on Thursday - is that the case?

IF SO - technically, they can take those checks to their banks and deposit them on Thursday. BUT, if the live check is actually dated as Friday (which should be the case, if that's your office's payday), then also technically, their banks do not make those funds "available" until Friday.

If you can check your account online, you might see your own "pending" funds at the end of the day on Thursday. And you need not worry about a physical check getting lost or stolen. In fact, my credit union offers benefits (like a lower interest rate on loans) if I (a) have direct deposit, and (b) have said loan's payments automatically withdrawn.

This may not be the scenario that applies to you, of course, but if it is, I hope to have somewhat diminished your peeve (a phrase not often uttered in English.)

Comment

Apparently, a lot of people have "leaving the Zipper Lane open all day" on their pet peeve list. We got stuck in the traffic 'round 3 p.m. yesterday, but it wasn't the multi-hour ordeal some folks faced. Interesting how the loss of two lanes can raise blood pressures just about as well as a complete shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Let me get this clear...say your office's payday is Friday. You have DD, and it shows up in your account on Friday - yes? But those who get live checks get them in hand on Thursday - is that the case?
        When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day. I'm uncertain why. All I know is that I moved to DD to have quicker access to my bread. Poor choice, it seems.
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

people who assume i'm young/inexperienced/brash/impulsive just bcs i'm passionate or have a younger face than my DOB belies.

i would that even when i am at the stage where i have more wrinkles and saggy body parts than those who have recently made the assumption/assertion that i'm young/inexperienced/brash/impulsive, i'm still just as passionate, possibly incorrigible, but never craggy and...stale.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

another traffic thing: people who dont wave back when you let them in your lane. or those jerks who wait tilt he last minute to merge. or those guys on the keaamoku onramp that merge in at the last minute to avoid traffic.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              or those jerks who wait tilt he last minute to merge.
              Did you know that in slow traffic, people who merge late are actually helping matters, and people who merge early are slowing things down? This according to a report I read a long time ago.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

My ongoing pet peeve is the bus drivers who stop 1/2 a block away from the bus stop because of other buses lined up & then go right past you when you are standing at the actual stop. They have rules about this but many drivers completely ignore the rules.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day.
                  I'd had DD in a few different places. In every case, I think the money was in my account the day the checks were passed out. Now that my expense check is added to my paycheck, that's DD too.

Comment

When checks go 'round, those with checks in hand can go immediately to the bank for cashing, withdrawal, whatever. I get a voided physical check that doesn't actually arrive in my account until the start of the next day. I'm uncertain why. All I know is that I moved to DD to have quicker access to my bread. Poor choice, it seems.
                    Maybe they don't process your check until the actual payday... so it doesn't show up until the next day.

Sucks though... can't you just switch back to a normal paycheck?

Comment

My pet peeve today?? That I finally get my husband's boss to pass out his
                      W-2....BUT my husband forgets it!!!!!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

YOU... got yer husband's boss to passed out?

my pet peeve is not having any pet peeves! I am pisst about that. So angry i think I'll go to an intersection, wait for a joik to block it and lean on my horn! I will be showing aloha that way by making all the el lay transplants homesick and they will applaud me.

naaha. but all seriousness aside, my pet peeve? hmmmm... not getting coffee into my system early enuff... and having to support starphuques. gotta search out one o dose coffee machines that make coffee on a timer. wheeee.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                          YOU... got yer husband's boss to passed out?

Yes, I called him and asked for it early. Because my husband said he didn't have time and asked me to call him.
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

people who think that they are humorous or witty or smartly amusing...when they're soooo NOT.

but then i guess ignorance is bliss in that case.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I guess my pet peeve today would be those who take words on an internet forum way too seriously.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Where I work!!! it's not worth the stress for me to go to even much less at 21 hours (at $8.00/hr) just to get my health, medical, dental, visions, etc insurance ($3.00 each deduction from my check).

Personally, (which I told my hubby already), I would just rather go to school & persue my goal!!.

Then again, If I just continue to go to school (& not go to work), I might end up hearing from him that I am nothing but a "gouging wife" from my hubby!. (He didn't really say that, but that's what he meant!!.)

I just can't win at all!!.

I was happier just going to school & persuing my goal, & nothing more!!!

But.....

What ~ ever!!

I guess my health & well being is not that importnat, & just having a really cheap & good insurance is more important than me!!!

What~Ever!!

GAWD!!.
                                Last edited by Serenity; January 17, 2007, 08:26 PM.
                                Aches & Pains
                                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X