X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    this morning's pet peeves for me...

- when people knock on your door with the lights closed and the sign "closed" on the door - and when you open the door they ask if you're open.
    - when people talk too fast when leaving a voicemail and you can't understand them - and when you call them back you have to leave a voicemail with what you want from them.

- oh, and I almost forgot: people who wants to upgrade to the newest operating system on an old computer, and wondering why it can't work.

I've had customers on a full sprint from the parking lot attempt to slide into our store as the last customer walks out 10-minutes after our closing time. They make it in but we tell them we're closed. They get all upset. Hey we've been on our feet all friggin day and it's our time now. If there's anyone that should be mad it should be us. But because I try to do my best, I let the person in and give them excellent customer service and hold one cashier back to assist him on a sale. We've actually kept the store open an entire hour past closing just to help one customer. Talk about a loss, it took a cashier and an associate with a combined wage cost of around $20 for that hour to assist a customer who bought one pound of nails at under $5.

But hey he was happy and I told him to remember us the next time his friends bad mouth Home Depot. He smiled and he's one of our most nicest customers now.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I've had customers on a full sprint from the parking lot attempt to slide into our store as the last customer walks out 10-minutes after our closing time. They make it in but we tell them we're closed. They get all upset. Hey we've been on our feet all friggin day and it's our time now. If there's anyone that should be mad it should be us. But because I try to do my best, I let the person in and give them excellent customer service and hold one cashier back to assist him on a sale. We've actually kept the store open an entire hour past closing just to help one customer. Talk about a loss, it took a cashier and an associate with a combined wage cost of around $20 for that hour to assist a customer who bought one pound of nails at under $5.

But hey he was happy and I told him to remember us the next time his friends bad mouth Home Depot. He smiled and he's one of our most nicest customers now.
      Tell the guy to move up here next time! Our Home Depot (and our Lowes) is open 24x7! Somehow, I can't imagine anyone really having an urgent need to go buy a pound of penny nails at 4 a.m., though. What would anyone need from a hardware store at 2 in the morning? A new toilet plunger? Duct tape to patch a leaky hose?

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Tell the guy to move up here next time! Our Home Depot (and our Lowes) is open 24x7! Somehow, I can't imagine anyone really having an urgent need to go buy a pound of penny nails at 4 a.m., though. What would anyone need from a hardware store at 2 in the morning? A new toilet plunger? Duct tape to patch a leaky hose?

Miulang
        Our Honolulu stores used to be 24x7 but for safety reasons the stores are closed for restocking. It's pretty dangerous to have forklifts and other lift equipment around customers and we've had our share of fatalities so we close our doors to allow for safe restocking of merchandise.

Comment

- oh, and I almost forgot: people who wants to upgrade to the newest operating system on an old computer, and wondering why it can't work.
          Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Awe shucks. Here I was hoping I could bring in an old 1987 Macintosh Plus so you folks could load OS X Tiger on it.
          Whaddya mean Vista won't run on my Commodore 64? Oh, bother...

Of course, some might make note that Vista probably won't run on MOST PCs ... well, not for long, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post

Miulang
            I read that there is actually a decent business to be made at some of these hardware stores that run 24x7. Unexpected plumbing issues etc have handymen showing up at odd hours looking for parts for their customers.

Comment

Guess?

* Hint; The thing that happened on 16 Nov. 2006. *

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                Guess?

* Hint; The thing that happened on 16 Nov. 2006. *

Ohh it can't be all that bad...look at it this way you'll die from stress from this bill before you die from those cancer sticks

Comment

I hate it when people just randomly IM me and I don't know where they're from (I don't want to say something in pidgin when they're on the mainland).
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

today's pet peeve:

Computer builders who uses plastic ties to make the cables neat. Us computer repair people hate that because we have to bust out the scissors to cut that - and risk almost cutting the cable itself!

Comment

today's pet peeve:

Computer builders who uses plastic ties to make the cables neat. Us computer repair people hate that because we have to bust out the scissors to cut that - and risk almost cutting the cable itself!
                      So when you're done what do you tie up all the cables with? And you really should be using side cutters instead

Comment

So when you're done what do you tie up all the cables with? And you really should be using side cutters instead
                        Yeah, I always thought that cable ties' primary use was to keep cables tidy...that, and as ad hoc handcuffs. Did you know you can reuse some cable ties by using a straight pin or needle?

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

There was something in the air that night
                          The stars were bright
                          Fernando

I've had that stuck in my head all freaking day.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            There was something in the air that night
                            The stars were bright
                            Fernando

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              Oh, we can fix that. Very easily. Ready?
                              Sing along:

It's a small small world, la la la, la la...

It's like torture, ain't it?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

So when you're done what do you tie up all the cables with?
                                wire ties.

I forgot how to make a computer tidy ever since I built a SFF computer.

Oh, and tonight's pet peeve: When people leaves a message asking about the status of their computer at another store!! The person sounded irate also, so I don't know if I should call them back and make them more furious that they called the wrong geeks, or let them march down to the other people and blow up on their face.

Comment

Working...
                                X