X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    [...]Get a clue lady!!, those rags, & that rug is still dirty, & you didn't even wait longer than 1 whole minute to just take it out !!.
    [...]Couldn't she just wait about 2- 5 minites or what?!?!?!!!

GAWD!!.
    Now, Serenity...maybe the unwritten rules are totally different where you live but in my neck 'o the woods one doesn't drop anything off in the laundry room and leave it to go back to the condo to get everything one shoulda brought in the first place. One is expected to arrive at the laundry room...complete...in my neck 'o the woods, that is. Were there any other machines available? How was your neighbor supposed to know when you'd return?

Sorry, but based on the limited facts you presented I side with your idiot neighbor!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Now, Serenity...maybe the unwritten rules are totally different where you live but in my neck 'o the woods one doesn't drop anything off in the laundry room and leave it to go back to the condo to get everything one shoulda brought in the first place. One is expected to arrive at the laundry room...complete...in my neck 'o the woods, that is. Were there any other machines available? How was your neighbor supposed to know when you'd return?

Sorry, but based on the limited facts you presented I side with your idiot neighbor!

Alrighty~then. My bad.

I guess I should have came down complete.

But, then again, I think there should be a small unwritten rule, that states the fact that, if you see a laundry that haven't been started yet, or looks like it haven't started yet, check it out to see if it's dirty, or clean.

Either way, she should have waited that 5 or atleast 10 minutes to see if any one would come down at all, if not, then go ahead, take it out. (I would do that!.)

*BTW- thanks for being kind & telling me this as oppose to being in a hurtful manner.*

Aloha. =)
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

This is my 'pet peeve' of 2007, to date!

The property management of the dingy, low end, office building where I hang my shingle waited 'til Fri. 12/29 to mail the statements for rent due Jan. 1. I mail my check on the 29th! Trouble is, we're all small business owners and our rent increased substantially...in my case, by 38%. Well, not the base rent. The increase was under the property tax and CAM columns altho' the 38% is based on my total rent (which includes parking, base rent, PT, CAM, the works)! No warning. No hint. No courtesy call. No nahting! Just a delayed mail out to coincide with a long, holiday week-end! And not just a once a year adjustment which we got 2 of last year...but 12 'adjustments' per year! Got lotsa fired up tempers in the building right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
          [...]Either way, she should have waited that 5 or atleast 10 minutes to see if any one would come down at all, if not, then go ahead, take it out. (I would do that!.) [...]
          Ok...put the shoe on the other foot! You arrive at the laundry room "complete", there are no machines available but there is one machine with dry clothes in it (meaning it hasn't started yet). There is no one else in the laundry room. Personally I wouldn't sit around for 5 or 10 minutes...nor would I remove the clothes. I'd leave then try again in an hour or 2. Where do you (the person waiting for a machine) start your timer? There's no way to know if you and the guilty laundress crossed paths in the elevator and she'll be back in a couple of minutes or if guilty laundress got side tracked by the 24/7 Anna Nicole Smith coverage. As already mentioned, in my neck 'o the woods, you leave your laundry you take your chances. That said, I've witnessed women who are waiting for a dryer, and someone has left the laundry room and their dryer is pau, remove the dry clothes and fold them for the owner! Now, that's Aloha!

Comment

Today's pet peeve (well, atleast from yesterday) was having passengers rock your car. I had to drop off my cousin and her friends to church yesterday evening and the music that was playing was one that they'd like also. So, they start singing and soon the car was filled with 14 year olds signing like cats - and they were shaking the car while I was moving (and it was pretty hard since they were all under 130lbs and the car has hard suspension).

I hated to be the van driver who regularly does carpool for them...
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
              Today's pet peeve (well, atleast from yesterday) was having passengers rock your car. I had to drop off my cousin and her friends to church yesterday evening and the music that was playing was one that they'd like also. So, they start singing and soon the car was filled with 14 year olds signing like cats - and they were shaking the car while I was moving (and it was pretty hard since they were all under 130lbs and the car has hard suspension).

I hated to be the van driver who regularly does carpool for them...
              How many 14 year olds constitute "filling the car" since you have such a small car? And if you ever have to ferry them around again, tell your cousin the only way you'd do it is if they observe YOUR rules for riding in the car, which might include no pushing, shoving or rocking in the car. Explain that you're a conscientious driver and you don't want them to distract you to the point where they might cause you to have an accident, and gee, would they like to go to the hospital because of it?

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Ok...put the shoe on the other foot! You arrive at the laundry room "complete", there are no machines available but there is one machine with dry clothes in it (meaning it hasn't started yet). There is no one else in the laundry room. Personally I wouldn't sit around for 5 or 10 minutes...nor would I remove the clothes. I'd leave then try again in an hour or 2. Where do you (the person waiting for a machine) start your timer? There's no way to know if you and the guilty laundress crossed paths in the elevator and she'll be back in a couple of minutes or if guilty laundress got side tracked by the 24/7 Anna Nicole Smith coverage. As already mentioned, in my neck 'o the woods, you leave your laundry you take your chances.
                Oh~kay. you made your point.

That said, I've witnessed women who are waiting for a dryer, and someone has left the laundry room and their dryer is pau, remove the dry clothes and fold them for the owner! Now, that's Aloha!
                I actually did that, took it out & folded it on top of the dryer machine while I dried my clotrhes. Seeing as they/him/her haven't come back yet, & I was finished with mine, I folded mine into the laundry basket, & placed the owner's folded clothes back in the dryer.

I think next time around, I will definately be prepared to bring my complete stuff, I.E. coins, & soap. & Oh yeah, not forgetting the dirty laundry clothes to wash them, too.

Thanks again.

Aloha. =)
                Last edited by Serenity; February 12, 2007, 12:18 PM.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I've witnessed women who are waiting for a dryer, and someone has left the laundry room and their dryer is pau, remove the dry clothes and fold them for the owner! Now, that's Aloha!
                  A-HEM! Not just women, Tutusue --- I've done that in our building, too (and others have done it for us.) Of course, giving the credit where it's due - I do not do the laundry anywhere near as often as the AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    A-HEM! Not just women, Tutusue --- I've done that in our building, too (and others have done it for us.) Of course, giving the credit where it's due - I do not do the laundry anywhere near as often as the AF.
                    Whenever I didn't stay next to the washer and dryer to manage my clothes, I would find some of it missing (and we're not talking about the fate of "missing" socks either) so I always just hung around the laundramat and read a book until all my clothes were dried.

Now that I don't need to share laundry facilities anymore, I do admit that I leave my stuff in my dryer sometimes, but the odda guy who lives in this condo also does the same, and he does more laundry than I do!

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      A-HEM! Not just women, Tutusue --- I've done that in our building, too[...]
                      That doesn't surprise me! I was just reporting on what I've witnessed. It's always been a woman!
                      Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                      Whenever I didn't stay next to the washer and dryer to manage my clothes, I would find some of it missing (and we're not talking about the fate of "missing" socks either) so I always just hung around the laundramat and read a book until all my clothes were dried.[...]
                      Yep! Hence my reference to Serenity to "my neck 'o the woods"!!! Have to admit, tho', that I've never had a problem with missing laundry. I go back to my condo during the wash cycle and set a timer to return in 20 min. before the 25 min. wash ends. I stay during the drying cycle, which doesn't take long at all!

Comment

How many 14 year olds constitute "filling the car" since you have such a small car? And if you ever have to ferry them around again, tell your cousin the only way you'd do it is if they observe YOUR rules for riding in the car, which might include no pushing, shoving or rocking in the car. Explain that you're a conscientious driver and you don't want them to distract you to the point where they might cause you to have an accident, and gee, would they like to go to the hospital because of it?
                        They just scared me with their singing and car rocking. I'll of course tell them not to do that or else they can ride the ghetto limo.
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I can't call it a "pet peeve" as much as something I just thought was very odd:
                          Scanning through the TV program guide just now, I noticed a movie called "Satan's School For Girls". I turned to the movie listings and found that this was lsited as a Horror movie, made in 2000, starring Shannon Doherty and Kate Jackson (from Charlie's Angels!), and the description says "A young woman probes her sister's apparent suicide." Satanic, and horror-full, apparently.
                          But most bizarrely, this evil movie was on... the Family Channel.
                          What?!
                          Even more bizarre (if that's possible) is that the show immediately following "Satan's School For Girls" is... The 700 Club. Which, as I recall, is a religious program.

I'm thinking that the Family Channel's Programming Director needs a drug test.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Even more bizarre (if that's possible) is that the show immediately following "Satan's School For Girls" is... The 700 Club. Which, as I recall, is a religious program.

I'm thinking that the Family Channel's Programming Director needs a drug test.
                            ROFL! Or maybe the 700 Club paid to have the station air "Satan's School for Girls" immediately before its hour of prayer so they'd have more souls to save immediately after it aired?

Miulang

Comment

This is my 'pet peeve' of 2007, to date!

The property management of the dingy, low end, office building where I hang my shingle waited 'til Fri. 12/29 to mail the statements for rent due Jan. 1. I mail my check on the 29th! Trouble is, we're all small business owners and our rent increased substantially...in my case, by 38%. Well, not the base rent. The increase was under the property tax and CAM columns altho' the 38% is based on my total rent (which includes parking, base rent, PT, CAM, the works)! No warning. No hint. No courtesy call. No nahting! Just a delayed mail out to coincide with a long, holiday week-end! And not just a once a year adjustment which we got 2 of last year...but 12 'adjustments' per year! Got lotsa fired up tempers in the building right now.
                              I hear you. The property management of the building in which my office is located decided to "reconcile" the CAM they had charged for the past Two Years (which reconciliation amounted to almost the amount of rent for two months) and send a bill for it in our regular rent bill at the end of last year, giving us 4 days to come up with the total amount even though our lease states that if they are going to reconcile our CAM, they have to do it within 120 days from the end of the year. The management company is nasty enough that I didn't want to fight them and just paid it. In the end, all the tenants who spoke to me about it wound up paying it all. and this year the CAM increased enough so that it is almost equal to the base rent for my office space.

Comment

ROFL! Or maybe the 700 Club paid to have the station air "Satan's School for Girls" immediately before its hour of prayer so they'd have more souls to save immediately after it aired?
                                Hmmm. Maybe so. Good marketing strategy,perhaps.
                                The movie starts in ten minutes. But if I watched "Satan's School For Girls", I'd probably be tempted to create a non-profit foundation called "LikaNui's Residence Home For Wayward Girls".
                                So I'm just gonna watch the early headlines on the 9pm news and a bit of Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" and hit the sack.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X