X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    Okay, I just got done with the weirdest request I've gotten so far at my job: type a resume, work summary and reference page. What's weird you ask? The guy had the nerve to put typing and MS word/excel skills on the resume! This 30 minute job became an hour's job as he sat next to my computer as I typed it out. Alas, I couldn't do anything bad to him or his resume, so after an hour's worth of typing (thank you Heald for giving me the typing stamina) I just charged him a dollar per printed page.

Atleast I'm not bored now.
    In the business world, they call that "enhancing" your resume...when you don't quite have the skills to be proficient but know just enough to be dangerous. (Hope he's not applying for a straight office job! ) And for future reference, Adrian, at least charge $10/hour for your time + $1/page!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Okay, I just got done with the weirdest request I've gotten so far at my job: type a resume, work summary and reference page. What's weird you ask? The guy had the nerve to put typing and MS word/excel skills on the resume! This 30 minute job became an hour's job as he sat next to my computer as I typed it out. Alas, I couldn't do anything bad to him or his resume, so after an hour's worth of typing (thank you Heald for giving me the typing stamina) I just charged him a dollar per printed page.

Atleast I'm not bored now.
      Isn't your job, fixing computers? How in the world does one go from that to typing resumes?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Isn't your job, fixing computers? How in the world does one go from that to typing resumes?
        you tell me. I guess this just fuels my desire to find another job.

And today's pet peeve for me is when you wait an hour for someone to call (after you left messages on the phone) and just step into the loo for a few minutes - and the phone rings. To make it worse, the time it takes for you to finish up is the time it takes for the person to wait for you to answer. That was the fastest "toilet time" I did.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

you tell me. I guess this just fuels my desire to find another job.

And today's pet peeve for me is when you wait an hour for someone to call (after you left messages on the phone) and just step into the loo for a few minutes - and the phone rings. To make it worse, the time it takes for you to finish up is the time it takes for the person to wait for you to answer. That was the fastest "toilet time" I did.

I never take my chances so I bring in the cordless because like you said as soon as you commit to the toilet, the phone rings.

As for resume typing, I'm surprized you didn't charge him for that because it isn't simple typing.

Comment

I hate it when people no listen to me!

A former friend just came into the store and walked right passed me intent of going to the restroom in the back of the store. I tell him a few times that he can't use our restroom w/out paying for something but he just waltzes back there. Since I'm a kind person I can't bring myself to get up and drag him back to the front, so I let him go. All of this, while a customer using the computer laughs and I myself shakes my head. Then the guy gets the nerve to talk like I'm his buddy while he walks out of the store.

He better not come to walmart while I'm working or else I'll do more than just smile at him.

Comment

He better not come to walmart while I'm working or else I'll do more than just smile at him.
              Better double-check on this request from another thread, then:
              Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
              is it true that there's a sign on the door that says something to the effect that employees shall not fight with customers or something of the like?

Comment

The difference is at WalMart you can go use their bathrooms without buying anything.

Comment

The difference is at WalMart you can go use their bathrooms without buying anything.
                  So, technically, the guy won't be a customer - so Adrian can do what he likes!

Comment

true hahaha.

And I have a ton:

- When people don't know how to THROW AWAY YOUR RUBBISH and just leave it in the carts expecting someone to throw it away (us). Sure, we try our best, but we don't want to touch your half eaten burgers, fruit punch, coke, and other things you (or your kids) ate. Same goes for your baby's diapers. Yeah, we like to play football, but unless you want to see the group throwing diapers and almost missing your car, then please use the trash cans.
                    - I appreciate you leaving packages of empty items in the cart. Get our hopes up in finding a case of soda or bag of chips, but when we grab it and its empty, that just burns us!
                    - Please don't make us work harder by leaving the carts between cars when the cart cage is a few feet away. Please take the time to push your own cart to the cage and push it into the cage going into other carts - not leaving it half way in where cars can hit it. and its not our fault for not being fast enough to grab those stray carts - there's dozens of customers, but only four cart pushers (if we're lucky).
                    - Finally, we all love music, but its bad enough you have to crank up your stereo to 20 at 11pm when your fart cans are also polluting the air. I'm sorry you can't turn off the fart cans, but either don't speed, or close your windows so that you can block out the sound of your car's fart.

Comment

Hmmmm...I was ono foa Pig's Feet Soup. MAMA was ono foa Rib Steak. We went to Violets at Kapalama Shopping Center. Ordered our kaukau. Miso soup and toss salad came. Drinks came. My Pig's Feet Soup came.

Waitress come ova.

"Ahhhhh...I'm so sorry but there is no Steak in the whole restaurant! Would you like Pork Chops instead?"

You should have seen and heard my MAMA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

btw: Dis happened today.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

F... I hate whiners! I was eating my dinner at Keeamoku walmart (it was hard enough not to help organize and collect carts) when this preteen girl was shouting like her Mom was there beside her, but she was talking on her phone. To make it worse, her slipper broke (the part between the big toe and 2nd toe broke). Obviously, whoever's local can fix that 101 ways - w/out a stick. When I looked at her, she looked at me and stuck her tongue at me. I just wanted to approach her and slap her.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I hate Vista (or any new technology that just came out).

Comment

F... I hate whiners! I was eating my dinner at Keeamoku walmart (it was hard enough not to help organize and collect carts) when this preteen girl was shouting like her Mom was there beside her, but she was talking on her phone. To make it worse, her slipper broke (the part between the big toe and 2nd toe broke). Obviously, whoever's local can fix that 101 ways - w/out a stick. When I looked at her, she looked at me and stuck her tongue at me. I just wanted to approach her and slap her.
                            lol, u should'ah slippah slap her...lol nah, den people might tink you racist cuz, you said only loco's know how foa fix one broken slippah...lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Then:
                              unless you want to see the group throwing diapers and almost missing your car, then please use the trash cans.
                              Then:
                              I just wanted to approach her and slap her.
                              Adrian, seriously, you've got to chill. I mean, I know Wal-Mart is known for its... customer service, but this just takes the cake. So, customers suck. Every ridiculous transgression makes you want to hit someone or throw something? C'mon. This is life in retail. If anything, it should be the best inspiration to aspire to something better.

And you're lucky Wal-Mart management isn't smart enough to figure out an Internet message board.

Comment

awwww man lucky when ur on duty ya must resist from responding to rudeness like that.

I was in line at Food Ave at Target when this guy just bypasses me and heads up to the next available register to be rung up.
                                If I was not working for the Bullseye I'd be goin HELLO?!?!?!?
                                I was next BRAH!

Comment

Working...
                                X