X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    I'm beginning to hate big companies.

Our cart machines broke down, forcing us to manually push carts into the store. I love manual labor as much as the next poster, but if this will continue for a few more weeks, they better compensate us by giving us a raise or something. Its been a week since it broke down, and a week of aching muscles. Sure, I'm getting my needed exercise, but if you want hell, try working weekends with us. (oh yeah, there'll soon be a few job openings for walmart.)

Oh, and I hate the rain. Tonight, I went out to take some night shots and remember what I learned in photography class - I was in my car half the time waiting for the rain to stop!
    Oh quit your complaining...at Home Depot we have to push carts the manual way everynight IN THE RAIN (this is Hilo). PLUS!!! the parking lots in Hilo have a mean angle to drain off the deluge so we end up pushing carts uphill.

PLUS PLUS!!! Walmart doesn't have these heavy metal carts.

Okay now let's all go outside for a Breath of Fresh Air (code to push carts)
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Okay now let's all go outside for a Breath of Fresh Air (code to push carts)
      Atleast they have a code for push carts. Us, they just call people's names and mention the fact that we need more carts.

Anyway, tonight's pet peeve is when people complain that they have to carry heavy bags of whatever they bought by hand because they think they're helping us by leaving the carts at the front door. We stand around because we just came back from pushing in 50+ carts into the store people! We're lucky that we can even stand after doing that for a couple of times, let alone a few weeks now.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Work RANTS

- Working in Garden at Target, I hate when guests picks out a plant and wants us to babysit their yet to be paid purchase while they go inside to shop. I try to say that they CAN take their purchase inside with them.

- Guests who don't know how to get a cart before coming in or asks me WHERE ARE THE SHOPPING CARTS?
        Just right outside our entrance is carts staring right back at them. Often they are INSIDE and they get flustered in the process.

- Guests who buy lots of plants that are like 7ft in height and they show up at our entrance door in a (you name it) 4 door car. If it was a mini van or truck would have made sense.

- Guests asking where are the fresh cut flowers? I really wanna respond, Do You See them?

- Guests asking me for a bag of soil. I say sure which one because we have up to 4 different brands. They look back at me thinking I have asked them a trivial question. I direct them to follow me to the back where we keep them displayed.

- Guests pushing shopping carts bolting out of aisles when I am inside the store. HELLO?!?!? Never heard of coming out slowly making sure ya don't hit another person or cart?

- People walking soooooo slow, taking up the whole aisle or walk space and have no consideration for others? Sure don't mind me while I STARE at you before you actually notice me.

-Btw, fellow HT users any HATE fellow co-workers that are slobs at Work?
        It's goin on here at work for me........

- The break room is horrids where co-workers don't clean up after themselves. We have a vending machine and they leave behind empty chip bags, candy wrappers etc. We do have a cleaning crew in the mornings but what the ?!?!? Seems too tiring for you to just take that extra 5 seconds to toss your garbage into the trash bins eh? And don't get me started on our fridges and microwaves.

Comment

my fridge at work smells like ass. something went horribly wrong and its invisible.
          im probably the one who will give in and clean it, since my cubicle is next to it.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            my fridge at work smells like ass. something went horribly wrong and its invisible.
            im probably the one who will give in and clean it, since my cubicle is next to it.
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry...use corn starch first, closed door for about one hour to absorb odor. Wipe clean. Den use regular dish washing liquid with water and scub.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

my pet peeve today...

people who act all uppity/abrasive/haughty/aggressive/wanna-be-hard on the phone or via email...but once you "interface" in person with them, they're completely different.

i wish such keyboard/telephone gangsters would either (1) have the balls to be, in person, the effwads they are when protected by distance or (2) consistently use, in telephone or email, the "decent/reasonable" filter they suddenly find when communicating face to face.

hm. this leads to a thought. i wonder how many of us HTers actually say in real life to people who are right in front of us, the things we say in this forum, as bluntly as we say them here?
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                hm. this leads to a thought. i wonder how many of us HTers actually say in real life to people who are right in front of us, the things we say in this forum, as bluntly as we say them here?
                I do but then again, I'm usually pretty cordial. I'm glad I don't vacillate too much between my board persona and my off the board persona.

Comment

heheheh...

I am what I am. On and "OFF" da screen ~ PUPULE!

I tell it like it is ~ I no kid ya!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

my pet peeve today...

people who act all uppity/abrasive/haughty/aggressive/wanna-be-hard on the phone or via email...but once you "interface" in person with them, they're completely different.

i wish such keyboard/telephone gangsters would either (1) have the balls to be, in person, the effwads they are when protected by distance or (2) consistently use, in telephone or email, the "decent/reasonable" filter they suddenly find when communicating face to face.

I like you, ericncyn. I really like you! I actually think that people prefer the virtual me to the real me. The virtual me is easier on the eyes...and I think more clever than the physical me; and believe it or not I'm kinda shy in public.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The other day a customer's shopping cart was blocking an aisle. I was helping her when another customer came strolling up in his cart and stopped. He pondered for a few seconds then cleared his throat, "How do you think I could pass here?"

"Well" I said, "You could move this woman's cart to the side like this" as I proceeded to move her cart, "then you simply push your cart by with a friendly thank you, but I'll take care of that for you sir, have a nice day"

Another customer asked where the window screen clips were. He was standing right in front of them by coincidence and asked me to give him two bags. I wished I could have said, "Ahh you no unnnastan Engrish, I so sorry, you piku up de bagu lika dis and putem in cartu des ne!

Or This may take some time sir. I'll have to barraccade these aisles and have a spotter nearby to assist getting these bags off the peghooks. This'll take about 20-30 minutes. It's for your safety sir please step outside the barraccades.

Or This will require a two-man lift technique to pull these bags off the peghook. Can you assist me sir I don't want to hurt my back"

Some people are so lazy.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        The other day a customer's shopping cart was blocking an aisle. I was helping her when another customer came strolling up in his cart and stopped. He pondered for a few seconds then cleared his throat, "How do you think I could pass here?"
                        I hate it when ppl leave their carts in the middle of the damn aisle, especially at costco. Some damn couple was standing in line for a free sample (buy a hot dog, its only $1.50!) and completely blocking the thoroughfare. They looked at me like 'oh, did you want to get thru' so i gave them the 'of couse i do you dipsh!t, youre in the middle of the aisle' look back

Another customer asked where the window screen clips were. He was standing right in front of them by coincidence...
                        True story: I used to work at longs and the store manager called a meeting- apparently a customer had complained about a rude comment an employee made. Afterwards I found out that this friendly but pochogee lady had told a lady 'if it was a snake, itd bite you on the ass' when asked about a product that was behind them. lol
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

my pet peeve today...

I know what you mean, but in reverse. I used to be on these forums for this game for about 2 years. I flew up to meet alot of them (to Canada) and I met this one guy... He was a real jerk online, but in person he was actually alright. And this guy who I got along with online but found out he was a real dork in real life...
                          I think I say more online, but its starting to seep into my real life. I'll say what I think more often and with a quicker wit nowadays.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

What I am peeved about....

My hubby is taxi driver...

& his passengers know full well, that once they get in his car, they either have enough $$$ or don't for the ride to their destination.

The point I am making is, that, if they don't have enough $$, they should say so, or atleast right before they get in the car, or say that they have to get it from the person who have the money to pay for the ride, NOT after the fact !!!.

If they don't have enougg $$, then they shouldn't try to take advantage of taxi drivers at all & try to get away with it by letting 'em know afta!!!!.

WTF!?!

My thoughts on that is....

Here, bend over for me, & let me shove my foot up your okole(butt)!!.

Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Yes customers are lazy on the eyes when looking for something and yeah its right infront of their face. But yeah I just soooooooooo wanna go Bill Engvall (ya know the comedian who does the "here's your sign" skit) on them.
                              But figure we are there to assist even its the most dumbest question(s) we get asked when approached.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                                I like you, ericncyn. I really like you!
                                thanks! coming from you, that is a true compliment.

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                                I actually think that people prefer the virtual me to the real me. The virtual me is easier on the eyes...and I think more clever than the physical me; and believe it or not I'm kinda shy in public.
                                the real life me is smaller than anyone expects, and many who initally meet me virtually, upon meeting me in reality, expect me to be meeker than my cyber self because of my lack of height.

pet peeve for today? people who bring their love triangle/rectangle/octagon/whatever in to work, causing a distraction for everyone else. talk about a quick way to make your professional rep tank.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X