Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

I was 1st on line to vote this morning at Ala Wai School and got interviewed by...
    Manolo Morales!
    My answers were...
    Obama, because he has a real heart and cares.
    Kobayashi, because I like her ideas especially "Rubber on concrete".
    No on rail, because "Steel on steel" is being forced on us and it's old technology.
    Double-decked toll freeway is a lot smarter way to go. Much more useful.
    No on Con/Con, because I don't feel it's necessary.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

the results just announced that Obama will become the next president is certainly one of the high points of my life, not just today!

It is wonderful, stupendous, and any other "big" word you could come up with that finally, we HAVE overcome!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Knowing that I will be able to tolerate listening to the voice of our President once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Knowing that I will be able to tolerate listening to the voice of our President once again.
          LOL

Amen!

338 electorial votes to 156...

Team Battle Star Galactica got WTFBBQPWNED!
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

best part of this morning is seeing what eric was doing while i was in bed, avoiding writing papers, and he was at the computer, avoiding sleep:

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post

To those who decry the use of proper glassware when enjoying wine (note I said enjoying): would you send your child to school with a quill and inkwell instead of a pen? Would you put retreads on your minivan/Porsche/fill in the _____ ? Would you plate every meal at home in a bowl to be eaten with only a spoon (single guys < 30 notwithstanding)?
            Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
            We briefly put up with cacophonous baying from a neighbor's beagle. The wee beast would sound off dutifully every morning as his owners would depart weekdays at 6 a.m. and then would literally bay, not bark, at everyone who passed within eyeshot of their property, including his owners when they returned home and as they prepared dinner. You almost couldn't blame the poor dog as he was kept chained outside 24/7 on a piddly patch of turf.

Although it took a combination of informative letters, visits from police, notices from the Humane Society, a few shirtless confrontations and a blast or two from the 152 dB air horns in my truck, the neighbors did finally get it: We weren't going to stand for their thoughtless ways.

The beagle family now walk their dog daily and keep their dog inside like how you're supposed to care for a beagle. And we now enjoy uninterrupted sleep as Serta intended.
            now that eric and i rarely enter the halls of HT due to work & work (him) and work & school (me), it's not often i get to enjoy his writing. his emails and text messages are typically stoic/japanese/vulcan in their brevity, though they're sometimes more emotive, like newspaper headlines.

ah well. gotta put my nose to the grind with the papers--easily the worst part of today. eventually, i'll have to rouse eric from his slumber. poor guy is congested and achy as heck. having he habit of working the graveyard shift with his face in front of a computer monitor is never any help for him getting rest on the nights he is is home, and now it's exacerbated by phlegmy hacking. his voice might be more sexily gravelly than usual, but green expulsions of bodily fluids? ew.
            Last edited by cynsaligia; December 2, 2008, 10:32 AM.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

K-den.

I have a new job. Again.

Well, the one at Iroquois Point was good. I enjoyed my fellow employees and supervisor. But the days and hours were not consistent. I was On call. So, I went looking for another job and found one. It's better pay. Near home, M-F. The hours 8-4.

I start Thursday.

Everything happens foa a reason.

God is awesome.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Two words say it all, mmmm -mmmmm:

TURKEY JOOK
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

The best part of today for me was reading Auntie Lynn's good news!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

good news, auntie lynn! and, hope you are feeling better. was your test yesterday?

best part of today....finally recording our new purchase on the big island. what a bumpy ride...darn lenders!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Congratulations plenty to Auntie Lynn and to kani-lehua!!

Comment

The best part of the day was that we finished hauling out of storage and unpacking all the Christmas decorations for the kids, today was the final day of that work. Only 3 weeks until it can all be put back into boxes again, and the living room can be reclaimed.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Yesterday my calabash brothers arrived from the mainland for a visit. They both have a phenomenol eye for decorating and my Christmas present is their services for 4 days pulling my town condo together! Oh Lordy, did we ever have fun!

And, congrats, Auntie...way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            And, congrats, Auntie...way to go!
                            I received Bad News.

I was supposed to start tomorrow. But according to the HR Person, the company's President came yesterday and froze all hires due to economic crisis.

So I'm back seeking employment.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aww, bummer Auntie. Stupid economic crisis - how the heck is the economy going to get any better if jobs are so hard to get?!

Best part of today is that I got confirmation for this 3 day temp job at Hilton Waikoloa! Yay!! I hope they don't decide to have a hiring freeze too.
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Good luck to both of you! Bummer Aunie about your news. I'll keep you
                                in my thoughts and prayers for a job, who better than you deserves
                                one and great treatment for all you do for others.

TG, I'll think positively for you too, what would you be doing for only
                                3 days? Hopefully it includes housing since you live here on our side
                                and Waikoloa is not on our island. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X