Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    YEAH! Those other jobs weren't the best matches for you - but doing food again? That's what you should be doing! This is wonderful news, Lynn.
    Will let you know moa soon!

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    congrats aunty!!!
    Mahalo foa Bruce. He will contact you or you call him tomorrow about a Porta Box being put at Young Brothers.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Was sitting on the bus from Waikiki today and suddenly recognized a face - it was "Pupule Lucie"! What a nice surprise - only wish I had been able to talk to her more. and I hope she has recovered from her shock when a complete stranger looked at her at said "excuse me, are you Lucie?"

It was a nice surprise for me and I hope for her also.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The best part of today was... I got carded!!!
        If the legal drinking age is 21, then I've been legal for 36 years already. But I was thirsty and stopped in a 7-11 store, and although I don't drink alcohol that often, I decided to try one of those small bottles of pre-mixed Pina Coladas, and the sales clerk carded me.
        I told her she's on my Christmas list now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, she probably carded you because you look so much like your avatar.

Comment

Saw my first luau tonight! OMG - WOW!!!!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              If the legal drinking age is 21, then I've been legal for 36 years already. But I was thirsty and stopped in a 7-11 store, and although I don't drink alcohol that often, I decided to try one of those small bottles of pre-mixed Pina Coladas, and the sales clerk carded me.
              I love that. The best thing some clerk can do is card me. Absolutely. On the other hand, I NEVER go to Ross on Tuesdays. Not since I was asked if I qualified for a senior discount, which would have been in six years from when I was getting that exemplary customer service. More than anything I was convinced she was just stupid. That ain't no way to win friends and influence people!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The best part of today was... I got carded!!![...]the sales clerk carded me. [...]
                I got carded a coupla years ago. The cashier needed proof that I was, in fact, eligible for a 55+ senior discount! Adding 21 and 36 makes me wonder if you were being checked for the same eligibility! And, yes, it made my day, too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I got carded a coupla years ago. The cashier needed proof that I was, in fact, eligible for a 55+ senior discount! Adding 21 and 36 makes me wonder if you were being checked for the same eligibility! And, yes, it made my day, too!!!
                  A senior discount on alcohol? Where do I sign up?
                  Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  Saw my first luau tonight! OMG - WOW!!!!
                  Details, tg - where did you go? What parts blew you away?

Comment

My best part of today....I have my first mainland visitors! One of my best friends and her husband. We went to the swap meet, Dole Plantation, and up to the North Shore, then drove down Kam Hwy to stop at various beaches. She kept squeeing at all the differnt beaches, and it made me realize that I've already started taking living here for granted. It's cool seeing it "new" again.

My New Year's Resolution: Dig out the "To Do in Hawaii" List I made before we moved here and keep working on it and enjoy the beach more. She made me feel very small.

Oohhh- and I had a peacock wander up within arm's length of me! That was pretty cool!
                    Last edited by surlygirly; December 10, 2008, 09:57 PM. Reason: The Oohhh

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I wasn't sure where to put this, so... here it is.
                      The best part of today was finding this story as a Breaking News item on the Advertiser's website just now.

Updated at 4:46 p.m., Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cheeseburger Beachwalk opens in Waikiki

Waikiki Beach Walk has added another restaurant to its growing list of eateries. Cheeseburger Beachwalk opened its doors Nov. 20 for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails.
                      Okay, it opened three weeks ago... and it's "Breaking News" today?!? And not only is it Breaking News, it's an "update" of... something.

Operated by Cheeseburger Restaurants, the chain is known for its burgers and fries
                      Maybe that's what's newsworthy. I mean, who would've ever expected that a restaurant named Cheeseburger Beachwalk, owned by a company named Cheeseburger Restaurants, would sell, you know, cheeseburgers?!

I dunno. That's just so lame that it made me laugh. Ergo, the best part of today.

Comment

I wasn't sure where to put this, so... here it is.
                        The best part of today was finding this story as a Breaking News item on the Advertiser's website just now.

Okay, it opened three weeks ago... and it's "Breaking News" today?!? And not only is it Breaking News, it's an "update" of... something.

Maybe that's what's newsworthy. I mean, who would've ever expected that a restaurant named Cheeseburger Beachwalk, owned by a company named Cheeseburger Restaurants, would sell, you know, cheeseburgers?!

I dunno. That's just so lame that it made me laugh. Ergo, the best part of today.
                        um, you were reading the advertiser, right? if ya ask me, that 'splains everythin'.

the best part of yesterday is tied in with the worst part of yesterday. worst part of yesterday is feeling eric shaking me gently at 4am, apologizing for waking me but that he had to bcs he felt really hot and terrible. some of you may remember my mentioning that he was sick last week; a bad cold turned into a sinus infection for which he went to the doctor last friday and got a prescription for antibiotics. well, the sinus infection so weakened his immune system that he got a staph infection, and he went to the doctor for that yesterday. doc gave him another antibiotic and told him to discontinue the first one. it was eight hours after he took the new antibiotic that eric woke me at 4 am. he was very hot, had chills, was a bit dizzy, and had a bad headache. eric told me he was very concerned--he was feeling flu-like symptoms, but his body was screaming at him that he didn't have the flu and something was in him that he needed to get out. turned out that he had a reaction to the new meds.

webmd.com or some other site told me to call our doctor right then and there. at the doc's instructions, i drove out to longs in the pouring rain, flooding and whipping wind in my jammies to grab some zyrtec. when i got home, i fed eric the zyrtec and tylenol and as much powerade as his belly could stand. i stayed home from work to keep an eye on him (thank goodness i work in healthcare and have an understanding boss!). right now, the fever's controllable, as are the other symptoms. had he developed a rash, i would have had to take him to the ER. all day long, i watched him sleep fitfully, groaning intermittently in his sleep, alternatively tossing the down blanket off and then, shivering, reach for it.

so the best part of today was eric getting up at about seven this evening and to ask for jello with mandarin oranges and some cookies from the neighborhood cookie corner shop. while he's still not feeling all that great, i know that the requests for sweets indicate he'll be feeling better soon.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

My best part of today was waking up at 4am to pee and stepping in ankle deep puddles. Water was pouring down the walls. This really was a good thing, because in my haste to stop the deluge, Jason and I noticed our propane tank had dislodged itself and was about to go flying into our house at 40 mph, but we were able to catch it in time and bring it in, thus saving our house, our neighbor's house, and probably several others from exploding and/or burning down.

Yay for small bladders!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Finishing the last immediate bit of P's CD stuffage.....no more all nighters for a while...

At least till he needs the press kit....yesterday

Comment

I stuck a surfboard (wrapped of course) under the Xmas tree!

It looks exactly like what it is, only its wrapped, but my bf keeps pretending he doesn't know what it is. Its so fun!

No peeking til Christmas!!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Best part of today was that I set a sneaky trap and caught a thief (and he was a peeping tom too) who has been targeting, and ripping off, my neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                                X