Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

I took a midday break and was sitting out on the lanai enjoying the ocean view and the sound of the waves... and on the beach a lady rode by on a beautiful white horse, pausing to play in the water (horse and rider) before heading on down the beach.
    There was just something sweet and innocent and beautiful about that.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Did you find yourself craving Godiva Chocolates after that, LN?

Comment

Nope. She was fully dressed.
        I had a Three Musketeers.
        And it was yum!

Comment

* bump *

Bumping this thread back into life, and, um, "bump" is pretty appropriate here. I don't know if what happened tonight was the "best" part of today or maybe just the strangest, but here we go.
          An aquaintance that I've played music with called me yesterday and said a friend of his had just opened a club on Kapiolani and wanted some Hawaiian music tonight, and asked me to play. Sure! Any chance to play Hawaiian music live is a great thing! And I thought it was great that there was a new venue for live Hawaiian music. So tonight from 6pm to 9pm there were three of us -- guitar, ukulele and bass -- playing traditional Hawaiian, hapa haole, contemporary Hawaiian, and slack key.
          At a STRIP CLUB!!!

Interesting marketing ploy, eh? And strangely, it worked. There was a good crowd, and they were into the music. So were the dancers.
          Strange. Really really strange. Which of course made it the best part of today.
          And like my signature line below says...

Comment

Must ... keep ... beat ... steady ...

... must ... ignore ... distractions ...

Yer a pro, LN.

Comment

Sunday matinee at the Kress Bldg with the kids watching movies for a buck. Still a great deal.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Swung by McKinley car wash to de-mud the car and there were 2 best parts of today...
                1. no line (ok, it was verging on rain at the time!)
                2. the cashier asked if I wanted to use my "free car wash". What free car wash? Sure! Why not! Never even had to have a card stamped or punched. Cool!

Life's simple pleasures...

Comment

A Thursday that feels like a Friday!
                  No school for angstolescent tomorrow, sleep inzzzzzzz.
                  Most of my work done.
                  No traffic.

AND, (best of all)

I found that the owner of the military ID I found discarded/lost on my private property along with discarded clothing is NOT lost, NOT dead, but living happily in Wahiawa.

Probably just saw my stream and decided to take a dip....
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    [...]
                    I found that the owner of the military ID I found discarded/lost on my private property along with discarded clothing is NOT lost, NOT dead, but living happily in Wahiawa.

Probably just saw my stream and decided to take a dip....
                    So, he was taking a leisurely, relaxing dip when you come along, out of sight, find what you think are discarded clothes and belongings and take them home? What I wanna know is how the heck did that guy get from Kahalu`u to Wahiawa in the nude?

Comment

I got Hot Fudge Sundae Pop Tarts for my break-time treat. Mmm.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Those sound REALLY good! I love chocolate in any form.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

My oldest and her mate arrive tomorrow for a visit. Cleaning hale and buying fattening treats has never been so much fun!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Yay! Ohana visits are fun! Hope you have lots of good times!

Comment

i ran into a complete stranger at home depot this morning; that just made my day....she complimented how handsome i am and wished me a blessed and pleasant thursday i wished her well as well

people in hawaii are so pleasant, well most of them

have a blessed and pleasant week HT ohana
                              stay forever young

Comment

for the first time since watching star trek at ward this summer, eric and i went to watch a movie today. we saw paranormal activity (my comments on the movie itself here).

we had the luck of having the theater all to our lonesome. so we were able to watch the movie almost as if we were at home, talking as loudly as we wanted. on top of that, the batch of popcorn was started right when we walked in to buy tickets, so it was uber fresh!
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X