X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    Chick lunch! Was your waiter cute? [...]
    Yup...and very attentive, too! It didn't hurt that we were one of only 2 tables with customers at that time. We got there early.

Comment

All the kids are in school for a full day..... humm what am i gonna do.... Oh Ya NOT A DARN THING.......
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I just went out for lunch and saw an Aloha station selling gas for $3.99!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

found out this morning after several counter offers, that we are on our way to the big island if all the contingencies are met. kinda strange though, we rejected the seller's last counter offer and had been making plans to fly up to look at more properties. so instead of doing that we're going to fly up to have a professional inspection done.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Got the cat back from the vet, it looks like she's going to be OK. She was severely injured Sunday morning, dragging around her back legs, eyes wide, shaking and disoriented, maybe she got hit by a car or maybe fell off a roof--she has always loved jumping from roof to roof in the neighborhood. Anyway, she seems to be on the mend, though she still can't use her back legs much. If we get her to urinate on her own she's fine, and if I can learn to "express" the urine with pressure on her bladder, she's fine. She is glad to be home, basking on her blanket on the kitchen floor. A very loving, sweet, affectionate, and intelligent cat--whose roof jumping days are over!

Comment

oh, kalalau sorry to hear about ms. kitty. i do wish her the best. i lost one of my cats back in july due to kidney failure and miss her terribly. she was so intelligent and affectionate. our cats live only indoors so they can't pull off any stunts like yours. just wish they could/would catch that darn mouse we have.
              "chaos reigns within.
              order shall return."

Comment

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. They are so wonderful, so special. It hurts a lot when a friend passes. I really hope Fubu pulls through. She is a small cat and always got bullied by the other two cats here (one her sister, a tough bruiser), but always got treated nicely by people so she definitely prefers humans to cats. She is a party cat, she circulates, she works the room--"there there kitty don't they ever feed you, here have some more shrimp!" She used to chase butterflies in the back yard, running on her back feet and batting at them with her front feet. That will not be happening any more. And she always greets me when I come home, with a cat smile on her face. I have had so many wonderful cats in my life, they have all been blessings.

Comment

Pau hana with friends. and Yogurtland! OMG, how have I never been to Yogurtland before? How come ya'll have never mentioned it before???

Comment

Having the house to myself the whole evening! I don't have to cook for anyone, I can watch what I want on TV, use the computer without interuption, drink out of the two-liter bottle of diet coke in the refrigerator...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                      I have had so many wonderful cats in my life, they have all been blessings.
                      Lucky you. I love cats (and dogs, and all kinds of animals), but as a lifelong sufferer of allergies, I can't share my home with those wonderful companions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                        I am sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. They are so wonderful, so special. It hurts a lot when a friend passes. I really hope Fubu pulls through. She is a small cat and always got bullied by the other two cats here (one her sister, a tough bruiser), but always got treated nicely by people so she definitely prefers humans to cats. She is a party cat, she circulates, she works the room--"there there kitty don't they ever feed you, here have some more shrimp!" She used to chase butterflies in the back yard, running on her back feet and batting at them with her front feet. That will not be happening any more. And she always greets me when I come home, with a cat smile on her face. I have had so many wonderful cats in my life, they have all been blessings.
                        we adopted my aunt's cat after she passed away and because my mom, her sister, was neglecting her. yes, we are suckers! all of our animals are adopted. we had 5 dogs and 4 cats--1 of each has passed away. the oldest dog is 18 going on 19. i cherish every moment with her. she's my baby.

okay getting back to auntie's adopted cat: she was hit by a car (auntie saved and adopted her), survived and walks with a distinct limp. she also lost some of her teeth. i believe she had a broken jaw. she now suffers from some kind of thyroid problems and is on medication for that. despite all of this, she's a happy and loving animal and darn it, you better feed her when she's hungry!

back to the thread: the best part of today is having fond memories of ALL my fur babies.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

Best part of the day was spending almost all day on the boat, washing and waxing and doing various other projects on it. Getting ready for next weekend, serving as Safety Boat both days for a Hawaii Youth Sailing Association event.
                          Worst part of the day was the very first project -- going to the fuel dock at Heeia Kea to fill up the tanks. It took 120 gallons of diesel, at $4.65 per gallon. You do the math.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            I just went out for lunch and saw an Aloha station selling gas for $3.99!!!
                            $4.12 here in Hilo. I'm glad I didn't fill up my Astro Van two days ago. So the question is, "Hah?" Stock market plunging, another hurricane hits the gulf coast and gasoline prices are...dropping?

Let's see if the retail and transportation industries adjust their pricing to reflect lowered fuel costs now.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I had boat chores to do, too. Funny how sanding can be so much fun when its on a boat.
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Last night...an oceanfront luau celebration topped off with entertainment by the Bros. Caz. Outstanding weather, outstanding setting, outstanding company, outstanding food. <sigh!>

Comment

Working...
                                X