Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

today was a totally fun day for me. i joined some girlfriends at nordstrom at 8am for their makeup trend show. before our makeover at MAC, one of my friends and i had brunch at panya (omelet for her; laksa for me). we followed that up with bra fittings at victoria's secret, shopping at sephora, getting our nails done at solar nail, then our makeovers. i haven't gone on a shopping/treat myself excursion like this in many months and i have to say, it was very enjoyable, esp since i've been home for two weeks, wheezily hacking like a phlegmy, wild-haired, sullen-eyed hag trying her best to expel her lungs and other innards.

later, i joined eric at a kalihi korean sports bar for really tasty ahi belly, spicy ika and coors lights while watching the pacquiao-cotto fight. i was gratified to see the pinoy win via tko in the 12th round. pinoy pride aside (and not being knowledgeable about boxing), i was amazed at how quickly pacquiao would avoid getting hit while still making some punches of his own.

after that, eric and i stopped at nijiya market for some desserty stuffs. and they'll be yum!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I drove through some flooded roads and didn't die. Made it home 2 hours before the Pacquiao-Cotto fight--first time I had no problems with a PPV sporting event on OTW.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I got to sleep in this morning - untill 11:00 am!!! how lazy is that? I was supposed to be at Nordstrom this morning, getting a facial but cancelled that a few days ago so had nothing else to do today but rest -- and I badly needed the sleep.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I made it through my third twelve hour shift and am off tomorrow.

Legs aching.

Oh, yea!!! Gots Epsom salts!!

Comment

Rebuilt my computer in a Cooler Master case, now it looks more like a work of art instead of a computer, and it's running lightning fast again.
            Attached Files
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The best part of today was spending time with Auntie Lynn. I started off by visiting her at her hale with both of us telling each other what we've been doing and how our lives are going.

Then sharing a tasty lunch at Mabuhay where we had kare kare and crispy pata. I feel very fortunate to have Auntie Lynn as a very dear and close friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                The best part of today was spending time with Auntie Lynn.
                Awww...the best part of today was spending time with you Beau!

So much catching up, laughing and lunch was superb.

That's what friends are for.

Love ya,

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Awww...the best part of today was spending time with you Beau!

So much catching up, laughing and lunch was superb.

That's what friends are for.

Love ya,

Auntie Lynn
                  The best part today was talking dirty with Aunty on FB!!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

where do I sign up!
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

I had a meeting near Waikiki this afternoon. I rarely drive over the hill (I'm addicted to the windward side) but since I was already there I took advantage of it to go to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and catch the group Kapala at the beachfront Mai Tai Bar there. One of the members of the group is an old friend of some of us HTers -- Shawn Ishimoto. (Formerly known as BB Shawn.) Shawn looks good and sounds as fabulous as always. What a gifted musician!
                      (BTW, another member of Kapala is the well-known Zanuck Lindsey.)
                      Kapala plays there on Tuesday nights from 6pm to 10pm. Valet parking is free for four hours with a validated parking stub. Go see 'em, and you'll come back and say it was the best part of your day too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The best part of today was throwing the glove (gauntlet) down in front of a buffoon, and the buffoon refused to pick it up - branding himself a coward for all time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Having coffee, and going over what i have left to do for Christmas. I'm done with shopping . I just need to wrap, do cards and package two things for mailing. Mailing is easy now -- I can either use the outside postage machine or buy a mailing label online -- no more standing in line.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            I had a meeting near Waikiki this afternoon. I rarely drive over the hill (I'm addicted to the windward side) but since I was already there I took advantage of it to go to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and catch the group Kapala at the beachfront Mai Tai Bar there. One of the members of the group is an old friend of some of us HTers -- Shawn Ishimoto. (Formerly known as BB Shawn.) Shawn looks good and sounds as fabulous as always. What a gifted musician!
                            (BTW, another member of Kapala is the well-known Zanuck Lindsey.)
                            Kapala plays there on Tuesday nights from 6pm to 10pm. Valet parking is free for four hours with a validated parking stub. Go see 'em, and you'll come back and say it was the best part of your day too.
                            I just got their CD in the mail this week - I'll try to listen to it today. Lopaka Ho`opi`i is in the band, too, as is talented multi-instrumentalist Abe Lagrimas, Jr.

I remember Shawn's contributions to an album with Ray Sowders; that's one of my favorite Hawaiian CDs.

Comment

I opened an envelope by mistake. I did.

Anyways, it was something I thought was changed and it wasn't.

Hurt and manic I'm waiting for the best part of the day to arrive.

My husband is in foa a BIG SURPRISE.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Love and hugs, auntie...!
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X