Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    She is lookin' real pretty lately. Wonder why?
    Cause I'm having a BABY?

Ack. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(pounds keyboard)

Best part of the day. I have two. Seeing you and your son and knowing the woman got the medical help she desperately needed.

I love my HT Ohana!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Having to run some paperwork downtown for my boss meant I got out of work two hours early and got paid for it! Went walking around, remembered why I love living here so much. Then came home and jumped in the pool to cool off.
      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

• Re: Best Part of yesterday

Yesterday I was driving up the windward coast and was in Hau`ula when suddenly a white mail truck came around a curve... on fire!
        Smoke and flames were pouring out of the engine compartment, and the driver immediately pulled over to the side of the road, hopped out, and began trying to save all the mail in the back of the truck. I whipped over and parked and jumped out to help her save her trays of mail (except for two empty trays), while someone else called 9-1-1. The fire department andpolice were there in about two minutes. Total destruction of the engine compartment and the driving position (though you can't see how bad in the photos below), but the driver was safe. Whew!
        I snapped these two shots after it was all over:

The mail truck driver is the lady wearing the light grey polo shirt and with a flower over her ear:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Good for you, LikaNui! In the right place at the right time--no such thing as coincidence!

Best part of today for me is nicely worn out from work, and headed for bed. And don't have to get up tomorrow until I want to!

Comment

I am totally wiped out from stuff I had to deal with at work today. Best part of my day was getting home from work (at 7 pm) and my DH making us rice and Zippy's chili. Now if I only had Maui onions and poi to go along with it.
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

poi and chili? that's an interesting combination.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

the best part of yesterday: we flew to the big island and look at several properties. today we notified our realtor and told him to make an offer on one of them.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

This entry is a bit delayed, because it's been stretching over several days of the past week (which included a four-day weekend trip to relax, celebrate and rejuvenate). But the latest "best thing" involves several things falling into place - primarily, a job change.

Those who know me may recall that I was laid off from an 11-year job in May 2007, was happily unemployed for six months, then went to work for the public radio station I had worked for in 1984-1995. That job (digital archivist), enjoyable as it is, is a contract position due to run out in December. I figured I'd be looking for work again at that time - but an unexpected opportunity found its way to me through connections.

So - I'm leaving the radio station soon, and I will be going to work for Washington State's radio network for the blind, as a producer/technician. The staff here at the station has been congratulatory, and it all feels good. (One more perk: I'll be able to walk to work once again, as I used to do for my previous job. Any exercise I get is good exercise these days.)

Comment

Congratulations Leo Lakio!!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Congratulations Leo Lakio!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Yes, indeedy! I just love it when things fall into place. Congrats, LL.

Comment

woohoo! grats LL!
                        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                        "
                        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Congrats from me too, LL!!! You must be a happy camper.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

From a fellow LL, Congratulations!

The best part of today is...no boss! And she's gone for training until Monday!
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

congratulations ll from a kl.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

First best part...arriving at Makaha
                                Second best part...getting stuck in BWS induced traffic in Nanakuli for only 30 minutes! I lucked out!
                                Third best part...hearing from all time favorite mainland friends that they're coming to Hawaii for the first 2 weeks in December AND I was able to get the 3 of us great seats for the Bros. Cazimero Christmas concert!
                                Fourth best part...in reality, THE best part of today? Getting an email from eldest spawn that she's planned a 9 day trip to Hawaii over Thanksgiving! Yay! She leaves the day before the third best part arrives!

It's been a very busy day! I need to start banking my sleep...NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X