Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Best part of the today is that it's...OVER. The work part, that is. An exhausting casting session with over 100 people, some of 'em 6 to 8 year olds. Not a bad day...just an exhausting one. A very, very exhausting one. Gotta regroup so I can make another Smooth Jazz Nights concert tomorrow night. Even at this early hour, the bed is winking at me!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Even at this early hour, the bed is winking at me!
      Just be grateful that it is not Sarah Palin winking at you!

Tutu, take off your shoes, kick your feet up on the coffee table, uncork your favorite wine, and think about how much better tomorrow will be.

We had neighbors Barbara and Carol over for dinner. Uaifi and Carol drank a bottle of champagne and Barbara and I, a bottle of Trivento Shiraz/Malbec taken from my vast 6 bottle wine cooler, wink, wink (plus I had a couple of Vampiros besides).

What did we have for dinner? Elifyno!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

taking a 20 minute power nap holding hands with my beloved.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          [...]
          Tutu, take off your shoes, kick your feet up on the coffee table, uncork your favorite wine, and think about how much better tomorrow will be.
          Was too tired to uncork any bottle...in bed by 9!!! Now, to start prepping next week's casting session...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Was too tired to uncork any bottle...in bed by 9!!!
            Huh??? I thought that's the time all geriatrics went to bed!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Hurtin' fingers ---

from two different kanikapila sessions today.

(And my radio interview about "Aloha `Oe" aired for the third time this week on the local NPR station.)

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                going to see Dana Lyons for a free concert at McCoy Pavilion @ Ala Moana Beach Park starting at 7pm. http://eventful.com/honolulu/events/...01-026861029-9 He's a storyteller, guitar player, kinda country...
                Hey, I've heard of Dana Lyons! I saw him at a conference several years ago and have some of his music. Hope you had a good time and happy birthday!

Comment

going to see Dana Lyons for a free concert at McCoy Pavilion @ Ala Moana Beach Park starting at 7pm.
                  Dana's from up around my neck of the country; he was on our national radio show somewhere around 15 years back, when he did "Cows With Guns."

Comment

"going to see Dana Lyons for a free concert at McCoy Pavilion (2/13/10)"

That was the plan, but my buddy Mike switched it up to going for the Beach Boys Concert instead. We ended up standing right in front of center stage!
                    Definitely a great time!!!
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

"going to see Dana Lyons for a free concert at McCoy Pavilion (2/13/10)"

That was the plan, but my buddy Mike switched it up to going for the Beach Boys Concert instead. We ended up standing right in front of center stage!
                      Definitely a great time!!!
                      Can't argue with that choice, no sirreee.

Comment

...Mom... received a package from my daughter (27yo) in Australia...
                        Who's been out of touch for almost two years!
                        She's fine, doing well, in love, and interested in hearing from/about us again.
                        We now have various ways to contact her that she gave us.
                        Emails, missed calls and her FaceBook wall!
                        http://www.facebook.com/born2nonconf...conform?v=wall

I'm a happy guy!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I was following some of the aftermath of the whole Family Guy/Palin fuss and discovered this about the actress who played the Ellen/Bossy Girl character for the Family Guy episode in question:

Andrea Fay Friedman

The lady rocks her life HARD!

And for the viewing public, if you haven't seen the episode in question in it's entirety, the key bit is not the poke at Palin. It's 'Chris' whining...

“I used to hear that people with Down syndrome were different from the rest of us, but you’re not,” “You’re not different at all! You’re just a bunch of assholes like everyone else!”

Comment

Best part of today (so far; it's not even 11am) was going to the market and, while driving back home, passing a school fundraiser where I stopped and got a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts and then passing another school fundraiser where I stopped and got huli huli chicken.

Best part of last week was the one year anniversary of our Wednesday night music. Almost 200 people jammed into the place, the owners (and many guests) provided ono pupus, and the music rocked. Plus some very special surprise musical guests. Should show up on YouTube fairly soon.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              ...got a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts...
                              Voof - that's NOT an ingredient that I would consider a good part of any day.
                              Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              ...got huli huli chicken.
                              But that would more than make up for it!

Comment

A total relaxation day today, following a major gig last night.

I put together (and led) a six-piece `ukulele band, performing Hawaiian & hapa-haole material for a three-hour benefit for a Team In Training from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They wanted a Hawaiian show, as they will be participating in the upcoming Kona Ironman Triathlon.

Picked five of my favorite players from the Seattle `Ukulele Players Association to participate - one had to bow out, so the lovely AFK filled in. And she suffers from tremendous stage fright (yet she's the best uke player of the whole group), so that was a sweet gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X